Thread Lift Gave Me Nothing but Pain and Problems

There is a reason no surgeon will do thread lifts...

There is a reason no surgeon will do thread lifts anymore – they’re crap! I had mine done two years ago when it was still being touted as a facelift that was less invasive but just as effective. Ha! To me it was more invasive when you factor in the return trips to the doctor to fix the mistakes plus what I have to go through now. I responded to a dermatologist’s ad in the newspaper with a special coupon deal for the thread lift. I went in naïve about it but his staff couldn’t say enough about how great it was. I was uncomfortable about doing it but did want to change (and the way they point out every one of your flaws, who wouldn’t?!) so I did it. Immediately afterwards I had complications. The left side of my face was numb and I found out later the dermatologist had nicked a nerve and put the threads in wrong. This started as a dull ache at my temples and eventually radiated down my face all the way to my jaw. I’ve seen two specialists. It continues to this day and is very painful in certain situations. I only found out about this after my dermatologist had moved cities and set up a practice somewhere else with no forwarding contact information to his patients. Since then I have consulted with a plastic surgeon about removing the threads and undoing the damage. I know it sounds ridiculous but I can’t bring myself to do that yet. I want to go back to normal (if that’s even possible) but I’m so afraid of being in someone else’s hands again and reliving this experience all over again.