35 Year Old Implants Being Removed with Lift. Hoping for All to Go Well. - Thousand Oaks, CA

First of all, I want to thank all you beautiful...

First of all, I want to thank all you beautiful and brave ladies out there who have contributed to this site! Without you I don't think I would have had the courage to go ahead with this surgery even though I have wanted to do it since I first had my implants put in. My story starts back in 1979. I had small breasts, but at the time I didn't realize that they were beautiful and perfect! Several of my friends had implants and I thought I would look better if I had them too. In 1979 I went to a very popular PS in the area. He had done several of my friends and had even been on a couple of T.V. shows as an amazing surgeon. I told him I just wanted to go from a full A to a full B cup. I was 5'3" and 103 lbs. When I woke up from surgery I was a a DDcup and he had created a Uniboob and lowered my intframammory fold(breast crease) over an inch. My whole chest was one giant boob!! My whole breast, nipple and areola were completely numb and continue to be to this day, I was unable to nurse my daughters as no milk ever came in which He assured me would not happen, It was horrible and I HATED how I looked!! He told me I would have to wait 1-2 years to see how things "settled".

After 2 years nothing had changed, I was heart broken and looked like a freak. The PS agreed to do a revision, although he charged me again full price for the surgery!! He reduced the size of the implants and tried to fix the uniboob, but I still have a weird piece of skin between the two breasts where they are not quite separated. He did not address the lowering of the Inframammory fold (breast crease). Because of that I have never been able to wear a 2 piece bathing suite or even find a bra that fits properly. My "crease" always hangs out below the band of a bathing suite, bra, or any top that has a seam at the base of the breast. I have hated my boobs for 35 years!! About 25 years ago I discovered a"lump" under my right breast. Another Surgeon removed it. It was a large white stringy looking thing and he said he had never seen anything like it. He sent it in for a biopsy, the lab wasn't sure what it was so they sent to Bethesda Medical Center in Maryland.

The report I got back from the Center was that it wasn't malignant. At the time I had 2 young daughters, and was just so happy, I didn't have cancer that I did't pursue it, but looking back I'm sure that the implants were ruptured and leaking. I guess I will find out on Aug 4th. Fast forward...I am 61 years old and still hate my implants!! every time I go for a mammogram the Drs. say they are old and look like they could be ruptured (although I have not had a MRI) I have had so much pain in my boobs for such a long time, they feel so heavy and uncomfortable that I have decided to finally get them out!! I am scheduled for surgery on Aug 4th 2014. With Dr. Gil Kryger, I have heard wonderful things about him, and his brother on this site, and also from several of my friends who are Drs. and Nurses who work with them. I'm so hoping that this will be a better outcome than my original surgery. I have decided to have the implants removed with a lift. I have had the implants for 35 years, I am 61 years old, have had 2 kids, and have gained 15 lbs since 1979 HaHa!! thats life! But the main reason for the lift is to hopefully raise my breast cease that was lowered in the first surgery. I just want to be able to be able to buy a bra and not fall out the bottom!! I'm just so scared after reading all the complications that others have had from having a lift. I just hope I'm not pushing the envelope here, and again trying to remake my body. I'm so embarrassed to have to tell my daughters how foolish I was 35 years ago. My oldest daughter is expecting my first Grandchild this fall and I just want to be past all of this by then. I feel bad sounding like such a winer, when there are so many people out there with so many more serious issues than me, but thanks to all you you for listening to my story, as I said in the beginning. I am so thankful for all of you and your amazing stories.

We are here for you! Thanks so much for starting your story on RealSelf. If you haven't already, check out these first person insights from a been there done that explanter. Please keep us posted on how it all goes!
I'll be 60 in Oct. and had my ruptured silicone's out at the end of March. Had a capsulectomy as well. Soooo happy with decision. This site is so helpful...So many supportive and brave ladies! I kept coming back to the site for encouragement while waiting for my surgery date. Ups & downs are normal...Keep checking in for moral support :)
Hi gwiz I check on this site everyday!! its what gave me the courage to do something that I wanted to do for 35 years!! I so glad to hear you were happy with your decision!! I'm so hoping I will be one of the women on this forum that will be able to say the same thing!!
I really am so excited for you. You are going to be thrilled and feel like an elephant that has been sitting on your chest finially stood up:) please keep is updated. I had my implants removed and a lift four months ago and would be happy to chat or try to answer any questions you might have.
I'm so glad for your response!! I do feel like I have an elephant on my chest!! My boobs must weigh 5lb a piece!! I just want to feel like "me" again. I am a worried about the lift as I said in the review, I hope I'm not asking for trouble. I just really want to get this breast crease issue resolved so I can git into a normal bra. I would love to talk to you about your recovery. Did you have any healing issues? How long before you felt like you were back to normal or are you back to normal??
I'm thrilled that I got the lift! No healing issues. I spit a few stitches around the 4-8 week mark or so but they were really no big deal. I had help for ten days after which I needed with two little kids. I probably would have been fine on my own during the day after a long weekend but would have still needed help doing stuff. No housework or laundry for 6 weeks. At two weeks I could carefully drive. I remember feeling frustrated that I couldn't do more and that I still hurt but even that feeling is normal. At give weeks I had the nerve healing pain, ouch! At about 2 weeks I could carefully lay on my side with pillows, and at 8 weeks could use two pillows to lay on my stomach. I'm four months out now and I don't need the pillows. I'm allergic to latex and adhesives so I wasn't taped at all so my recovery was different than a lot. Any other questions I would be happy to help?
Also one of the best feelings ever is having my babies lay on me and not feel those water balloons under my skin. You should be ready to snuggle your grand baby this fall! That's so exciting!!
Thank u for your story. I'm 53 and have had my silicon in for 23 years. I've just found a Doctor to do the procedure (Yea!). I like to see us older gals posts. Especially those of us that have had them in for awhile tell their story. This forum is soooo great. Love to be able to learn from others. Have you noticed any health issues over the years due to having implants? Thank u.
Thank you for reading my review. This site IS amazing and I love reading the "older gal" posts, I really can relate! I'm not aware of any health issues I have that may be caused by my implants. I do have a lot of discomfort and shooting pains in my breasts, but I think those can be just standard side effects of have CC and bags of silicone in my body! The biggest issue I have is bad arthritis, but it is osteoarthritis, and not rheumatoid arthritis, which I believe is an autoimmune disease and could be caused by implants . When do you plan on having your implants removed? I will keep you posted on my progress!
Bless you! I so understand all your emotions. I had my 1st implants in 1979. After 27 yrs., they were removed because of leakage. NOW, 8 yrs. later, the 2nd implants are horrible and HARD, I might add. August 13th, they will be removed & I just hope after 35 yrs, I will have some breast tissue..!!! I refuse to have anything else done to them. At 65 I'm just OVER IT.. I want to be just ME.. Wishing you complete success and will definitely look forward to your updates!
Hi Bks49 It seems we are on a similar journey! I too worry about having any breast tissue left, but hopefully with all the amazing bras out there these days there will be a solution to that problem HaHa! . I know what you mean about being "over it" like I said in my review I just want the lift to raise my breast crease so I can buy a decent bra!! I went out today to look for a little summer dress to wear on my vacation next week and my breast crease kept falling out the bottom!! so frustrating!! Just hope I'm not asking for more trouble!!. I am 61, but in decent shape, except for a few more pounds through the middle that I would love to get rid of :( I go the the gym every other day, and I hope I will be able to handle this surgery without too much difficulty, because I know age is a factor. I will post sometime after my surgery on Aug 4, so you will have the scoop. Hopefully when you have your surgery on the 13th I will have great things to tell you!!
Cocomom, I will anxiously be waiting for your wonderful positive report! I definitely will be thinking of you on the 4th & sending positive energy your way.. And yes, it is a little disconcerting to think we are having to deal with this at our age... HOWEVER, we both must remember we are in great shape & we are going to do GREAT! I will say, today, I was shopping with my sisters & all of a sudden, I felt like crying. .Then, I realized my emotions were brought on because I realized I didn't want to shop for clothes... I have NO ideal what will look ok on me after this surgery. I called my husband, instead of letting my sisters know. He was precious & assured me that, 1st of all, I was going to look great & that if what I wear now doesn't look ok, I just needed to go shopping for a new wardrobe. I am SO BLESSED to have such a precious husband.... Please give us an update ASAP...