Thermage -London, UK

Extremely painful procedure. I had thermage over...

Extremely painful procedure. I had thermage over two years ago.I am experiencing many side effects. Latest, after loosing most fat from my face, the skin is still painfully tightening. It does not lift, thermage cannot "lift" skin, it can draw it closer to your bone structure. My eyes now are much deeper set and very painful through the "pushing" of tightening lids over the eyes.There are too many frightening side effects to mention! I am in the process of suing thermage but that is not going to re verse or even stop the process from continually affecting my face. I will personally visit the headquarters of thermage in Hayward, California. With my efforts to allert the media I will try to inform the public to possibility of irreversible side effects which have affected many hundreds of people. Even if initially you might feel that some thightening is improving your looks, you will experience further fat loss, in some cases even one or two years after procedure. To say that thermage has changed my life is an understatement. From being a very happy,sucsesful Managing Director of a company that has helped to bring to life the program "Dancing With the Stars", I am now living in constant pain, dreading waking up in the morning, only to observe new damage to my skin in the form of dents,uneven skin texture,massively enlarged pores, difforming of parts of my face like my nose, or top lip or eyes. There are internet sites which inform why the thermage technology will never be predictable or safe, how the company is getting away with "murder" is beyond my comprehension. If anyone is still planning to go ahaed with the treatment, please read other internet sites, just key in "thermage fat loss", thermage disasters, thermage complaints, thermage damage and many more. Even from this site you can learn that even if you are lucky enough not to suffer immediate damage, the likelihood of incurring it later are extremely likely.

What a load of rubbish. I've had two lots of thermage by a skin specialist in the Channel Islands and I look ten years younger... No side effects just a healthy glow immediately after as if you had been in a spa resort. I'm 52 but look 42 email me for pics
You are the lucky one , please read other people stories we are not alone , my face has been damage by Radiofrequency this is not rubish but is reality . I am 2 years out and i am still loosing fat, those devices can ruined life .
Hi Madgeoa So sorry to hear about your experience. I did read the other stories and I do sympathise for each and everyone. I was very sceptical about having thermage treatment especially as my father in law was a top dermatologist Luckily I had mine done by a fantastic specialist who often turns people away if he feels they are unsuitable for the treatment. His name is dr John Curran and he practices in Jersey and Belfast. Aesthetic skin clinic Jersey Channel Islands. His policy is less is more. He is way cheaper than other clinics. Also check out the Obagi skin treatments. If all else fails and this is something I'm thinking about have you researched the new Silhouette Soft Facelift? It's one stitch facelift that can be done in your lunch break and has very little downtime. Good luck and hope you sort something out. Shezza
My treatment was a fotofacial but the machines by Syneron also have radiofrequency - the same technology that is used by Thermage. I have very evident fat loss. It happens, it's been documented in literature, it's real.
I guess there are risks with any treatments, sadly it's appears to be for some a high price to pay for a youthful glow. There seems to be lots of people doing thermage without offering aftercare or explaining possible side effects. My dermatologist is never happy unless his patient his happy. Shame you live so far away ajapel I would love you to meet him Shezza
That is ok Shezza, I know it is hard for anyone who hasn’t been through this to understand, I have been so depressed about losing my look because this is what this machine did to me and to a lot of other people , this took my look away , I lost a LOT of fat on my face, the definition I had before has gone , it is like losing your identity and it is very hard to accept .
could you tell us where you had this so we know to avoid? Thanks
Miss Cold, go to a reliable plastic surgeon immediately and seek help. Your face CAN GO BACK to how it was. You may need skin lifting procedure and fat graft.
It can happen with bipolar too if it goes too deep. I had a fotofacial which is IPL plus bipolar radiofrequency. I'm 6 months out with continuing fat loss (documented by my derm), texture changes and wrinkling plus nerve damage to my right eye. the skin is so thin now. It has been horrible. RF is damaging at higher settings. It's that simple. There seems to be no fix. The studies done with radiofrequency seem to only point out the benefits and use very conservative settings. They need to run a study on people who have been harmed, not the ones who were happy with the treatment. But the money for studies is often from the laser companies so we only see the positive studies.
Has anyone had any complaints with the Accent treatment? I've had many sessions done over the year at Forever Young and think it was a waste of money. Someone actually called me an old woman for the first time in my life last week! I'm in my mid thirties. After all those sessions that is the comment I get! :-(
I've got a notice some weeks before from an european lady. She had RF (Accent RF) treatment done almost a year ago and got severe damage to her face and neck, many symptoms are just like ours and her condition is deteriorating very fast... My opinion is that all heat based devices can cause these terrible damages and a lot of problems for the Health! They are not worth the risk.
Radiofrequency is a huge risk as it can do deeply and targets everything in its path. The deeper the damage the more permanent it is.
never received your private e-mail!!
Al
I just had the thermage cpt procedure done for 3,200.00 on 8/4/2011.I noticed a slight improvement after the procedure.First the forehead was done then both sides of my face and lastly under the chin.It was slightly uncomfortable but the Tech. was gentle & even lowed the frequency.This morning, I noticed a tighter look & I'm am excited with the ongoing improvement. I hope it'll last. I'm 63 yrs. old & the cost is affordable with my fixed income.
Hopefully the machine was low enough and there was cooling in the tip. I was damaged by Thermage in 2007 and it is a gift that keeps on giving. My face is now thinner, has weird configurations and scars, and no elasticity at all. I was talked into this procedure a few months after my husband died. I never should have done this. Now, I can't find anyone to fix me. Fillers go away in no time and even special facials re-activate the destruction. I wake up with lines and grooves that sometimes go away, and other times do not. I am in the entertainment industry in LA and this has been a disaster for me. If anyone knows how or who can fix the fat loss (no grafting because I have Sjogren's), please let me know. I so upset that it is still affecting my face after four years.
Notsosmart,

I wrote you a private email. Do check it. I too am in the entertainment industry I can understand your pain!
I am going for more injections on Wednesday. My face is so pruny looking. If only I could sell my latest screenplay I could go to someone in San Francisco. Cold weather really affects your skin, hyaluronic serum seems to help, but not like it used to in the beginning. Be very careful with facials that promise any kind of rejuvenation. They seem to make the situation worse.
I went to my Doctors office after taking a hormone (they pushed on me)& I ballooned up about 80 pounds in 6 weeks. This created a LOT of problems. And the Doctor frightened me into staying on the hormone. I went to a woman Doctor who took me off of the drug and got me into very limited healthy eating. I lost the 80 pounds in 6 months, which then left hangy skin. I thought is this a joke?

I went back to the original Doctor because he offered these "skin tightening" procedures and I listened eagerly to "Get Help". I had been to surgeons who would have cost me too much money and I was excited about the lower costs. I told them I wanted my arms and thighs done. They told me, for my thighs for 6 treatments, it would run just under $500 a treatment. I signed the contract. I went in and they brought out a little piece of paper placed it on my thigh and drew a square of about 8" by 6", I said what is this? They said what we will do today because if we did your whole thigh it would take TOO LONG. I said, "Wait a minute is this little square a treatment? I thought I paid for MY THIGHS and my ARMS. Not 1/6th of my thigh!"

It was just this little square and I was already on the table, had taken off from work and SO HOPEFUL... Needless to say it hurt so badly, and I was red. It was a financial rip off, in my opinion, as I pointed out if I went for a hair cut I would expect a hair cut not 1/6 of my head done. The verbiage that the nurse and I had was completely misleading. It is a Rip Off in my opinion. Costly, painful, ineffective and heart wrenching failure.

Hi Dot,

Welcome tot he community and thanks for the comment. I think your experience would be of great use to the community as a review, would you mind posting one? Let me know if you need help. Please keep us updated.

Thanks,

-Britt

Spent $3000.00 on upper arms, thermage is an absolute RIPOFF. I feel like I threw $3000.00 right out the window. The RN who preformed it checked each arm midway during treatment. She was reassuring me of how great my arms were going to look a couple of months down the road, she stated shew already sees an improvement. Of course these was a LITTLE less wrinkling of the skin because my arms were swollen from the treatment. She took before photos for comparison on my 6 month check up return. Well, I took before photos at home and have been taking them throughout this 6 month period. NO CHANGE, not even a little. I still can't waer sleevless tops or even short sleeves for that matter. I did not lose a lot of wieght, in fact I was always thin to average. I did however spen a LOT of years in the tanning salons, I had been going on a regular basis year round for about 30 years, luckily I had the sense to block my face throughtout my tanning sessions. I NEVER dreamed my arms would turn into these UGLY loose crepy looking appendages. I am so furious, I am NOT a rich person, but, I desparatley wanted to be able to expose my arms in spring and summer without being ashamed. After much discomfort (during the procedure) and the expense of $3000.00 I am back where I started. DON'T DO THERMAGE, IT IS A TOTAL RIPOFF. Thia by the way was done in a very well known plastic surgeon's spa center. I am going to see if I can at least get a small refund. It is TRULY disgraceful to rip off the public in this manner.
Dear Greyhaven, Where did you have your procedure done? Do you recall the equipment model? I'm having the procedure done in the morning on my face and neck. Cost = $2900. The place I'm going is among the top Thermage producers in San Diego, so I'm hoping they have the latest and best equipment and technique. I'm trusting thermage has come a long way since the negative posts were made in 2006 on this site. The staff claim that downtime and side effects are minimal, just pink skin. We'll see...
I am a 56 year old female with 30 years of teaching in public high schools. Am very active, live a healthy lifestyle,and avoid too much sun. Although most people are shocked when they find out how old I am, I had begun to see those aging signs that are part of the life process. As a science instructor, I am someone who would NEVER consider going under the knife for any cosmetic reason however, I had considered other options the last two years. I'm not a big BOTOX fan so I began my research on THERMAGE treatments. A new MEDI-SPA opened in our area so I arranged a free consultation. After much discussion and weighing the options for me, I chose to take care of a few spider veins with Schlerotherapy and give Thermage a try. We discussed how the early treatments with Thermage were painful and often not effective. I found that on many comments that have been posted. My physician has the latest bipolar radio wave frequency equipment so today I had my treatment. I did not find it to be painful - nothing more than a warming sensation and a minor sting from time to time. The vibrations were not uncomfortable and my physician verbally kept monitoring how I was feeling throughout the process. After finishing one side of my face, I could see visible changes immediately - just a more "lifted" look. After the entire procedure, I was a bit pink, minimal swelling - all normal. My experience was pleasant and certainly less painful than a trip to the dentist for a routine cleaning. I will update this regularly with my progress but as for now, I am pleased with the THERMAGE experience. As for the outrageous cost that I have noted on numerous comment pages - my procedure which will include a followup treatment was only 1900.00. Certainly a lot of money but by far less than many of the amounts I have seen.
I am so interested in your comments. You are the only commenter here who does not report a horrific experience. Please keep us posted.
High dawn Rogers, Sorry what happened with your arms. I have sent you a PN. It seems that you was overheated. Then I think a chance to stop the continuing adverse process is e. g. cortison or immune globuline. A little visible help may be ha injections per needle or maybe per high pressure injection device. Good luck from Germany.
What is a pn and what is immune globuine and what is ha injections?