I Have Fat Wasting on One Side - Edmonton

The first treatment I had did very little in the...

The first treatment I had did very little in the way of tightening. I waited three years before I decided to do it again, and this time I was told that they had improved the technology. The second treatment was more intense. I noticed about three weeks after the treatment that I had a "flat" area right on my cheek bone on one side. This has become progressively worse. Not only do I have fat wasting on one side, but I have noticed skin sagging and heavier jowls on that side as well. The dermatologist I went to told me that one of his staff experienced the same thing. Disappointing that this side effect was not discussed with me before my treatment.

David Will

He did not make me aware of possible side effects of thermage. When I went back to his office to talk to him about it, he admitted that thermage can cause fat wasting in some people. I went in recently to talk to him about it again, and now he DENIES that the treatment caused my problem, and told me that it is probably genetics and aging that caused it. Also denies staff member affected.

I find it difficult to believe there was no Informed Consent signed after being provided with potential side effects and risks of the procedure.

So sorry to hear that you had these side effects. Here is some information on that from one of our board certified doctors. Are you having anything done to repair this and if so what?

Thanks for the post, and all the best, please keep us updated.

-Britt

I accept responsibility for this procedure. I know that when you walk into a doctor's office for a new treatment such as thermage, you are taking a chance. Even though my doc did not warn me of any side effects, my job as a patient would be to research these things before hand, which I did not do. I now fear that any correction would make the situation worse not better.

Are you going to go see another doctor? Please keep me updated to how you are doing?

-Britt

No. I am on a strict diet and exercise daily. Best beauty treatment ever.