I Have Fat Wasting on One Side - Edmonton

The first treatment I had did very little in the...

The first treatment I had did very little in the way of tightening. I waited three years before I decided to do it again, and this time I was told that they had improved the technology. The second treatment was more intense. I noticed about three weeks after the treatment that I had a "flat" area right on my cheek bone on one side. This has become progressively worse. Not only do I have fat wasting on one side, but I have noticed skin sagging and heavier jowls on that side as well. The dermatologist I went to told me that one of his staff experienced the same thing. Disappointing that this side effect was not discussed with me before my treatment.

David Will

He did not make me aware of possible side effects of thermage. When I went back to his office to talk to him about it, he admitted that thermage can cause fat wasting in some people. I went in recently to talk to him about it again, and now he DENIES that the treatment caused my problem, and told me that it is probably genetics and aging that caused it. Also denies staff member affected.