Thermage Eyes

Please don't do it. I had Thermage Eyes with...

Please don't do it. I had Thermage Eyes with horrible side effects. One eye is wide open and the other is drooping below my pupil. My eyes are extremely sensitive to light. I can't go outside, even with sunglasses, for any lenght of time. I look bizarre to say the least. One doctor thinks it could be nerve damage.

These sites have some good information on Thermage. The medical spa md is worth checking out if you're considering any laser or RF treatment:

As a physician who has performed hundreds of Thermage procedures, I am surprised to hear of someone doing ONLY the eye area. I am so sorry to hear that you had such a poor outcome. I hope by now that your situation has improved.
Thank you for your concern Dr Castillo. When I went in for a botox treatment I saw the doctor was advertising Thermage Eyes. I asked her if this would be a good treatment for the crepey skin on my upper eyelid. She said it would be wonderful. Her receptionist booked an appointment for me a week later. I have since found out that Thermage is not for crepey skin or fine wrinkling on the eyelids. It is for hooding which I did not have. I was also left with a very bad drooping eye and face from the botox. I later learned that Thermage and botox should not be done for at least 2 weeks of the other. The skin on my face is very good. I didn't ask about it and she didn't recommend it.
Thank goodness I didn't have my entire face done. This is devastating enough with my eyes.
It's been 6 weeks since my procedure and there is no improvement in my eyes. The one eye is drooping and the other is wide open. My life is forever changed. I want to caution people that a bad result can happen to anyone. Please don't let it be you. Because the doctor's will say you are the only one and that is just a lie.
Hi Olive56, Thanks for keeping us posted. Has your situation improved since you last wrote?
Thanks again for asking about me, Sandy. Nice to know people care.
Hi Puzzle - so sorry to hear of the damage done to your faces. It's scary to know the fat loss can continue over time. I have noticed the fat pads over my brow are gone and the lids look more wrinkled. I spoke with a doctor yesterday and he does not think the droopy eye is permanent, and will open up over the next 4-8 months. He is having me take B1 supplements and says staying hydrated will help.
Hi Olive56, we are very sorry that you have severe problems after the specialized Thermage treatment for your eyes. We both had Thermage in our faces - now more than 3 years ago - and we both are suffering from strong fatty tissue loss and a lot of damages - even around the not treated eyes! For my wife and me especially springtime (and the whole life) is very bad for us since Themage. Th. can be absolute terrible.