Thermage Can Be Dangerous

I had thermage in January 2008. It caused me a lot...

I had thermage in January 2008. It caused me a lot of irregularities in my face and my fat has gone. I also have a hole in my right cheek. My friends now are asking me if I have a serious illness. Unfortunatelly I did not read this web page before. Please do not do that

He is famous but the person who applied the procedure is a technician

Hi Mary, that's a terrible story and I hope you are fully recovered from your ordeal now. Can you advise if it Thermage NXT or Thermage CPT which was used on you? Apparently the newer system (cpt) is much more effective and consistent....
If an mistake occurs to a good physician, one can e.g. say that the tip operated incorrectly... Who will remain the looser?
I have a lot of friends that have done thermage on their faces and bodies and I truely think that Thermage can be great. If you go to a doctor that is trained properly, then you will not have a loss of fat in the face. The reason why you had that reaction is because whomever performed the treatment, used to high of settings. Higher the heat, more the pain and the deeper it can go. Check the doctor out, and even try to talk to the offices' patients about their experience.
Thermage (in our faces) caused each quantity of partially dangerous problems - not only in our faces. My wife received recently her 6th injection with ha! Its not a constant solution but a few new created cells in the tissue will remain. So the quantity can be reduced. More and more PS's prefer the syringe instead of the knife to solve many problems or desires nearly without risk. The PS said terrible what Thermage has effected. The faces changes steady. Under the eyes Thermage has burned the lymph tracts! After 33 months we now know why we had to radically modify our outdoor activities and why medication against allergy cannot help. Surgery is needed but we must wait till the reduction process after Thermage is finished. He has no explanation for the reason. I think Thermage must have caused a kind of auto immune desease - maybe a kind of kollagenosis. We hope to get a (better) result before the end of this year. The spezialized physician is very frequented.
thank you for your comment.take care
same thing. My whole face and forehead and neck are very loose now. If you want to firm your skin do facial exercises. I feel like a complete idiot cuz I will probably have to live with this for the rest of my life. Still searching for a permanent solution but so far all I can find are temporary fixes. Please comment if anybody's bounced back from this naturally.
My experience with Thermage was terrible. The pain was unbelieveably bad, and I have a really high tolerance. Also, it literally dissolved all my facial fat layer, and, after a few months, I looked like my face had melted . It was the most horrifying thing. I had basically good skin, but just wanted a tiny bit of tightening. It did just the opposite, and after about a year, I went to see a plastic surgeon, who did a face lift with cheek implants to restore me to how I looked before Thermage. If you are an overweight person, and losing fat is beneficial, then perhaps you would be a better condidate. I hadn't been informed of this side effect unfortunately. I don't think I could recommend this to anyone frankly, and I shudder to think back on the whole horrible episode in my life. I had some pretty bad emotional problems from it. After four years, I am finally coming to terms with the whole thing, but it has been a difficult journey -- all because of a stupid decision on my part to not investigate the proceedure more carefully!
Wow! Thank you for sharing! I was thinking of doing this procedure. I will not risk my face to something like this. Do you know if the results on the body are better?
i am so sorry i wish you well
I dont understand "urealistic expectations" as conclusion of victims reporting the different heat based servere damages. When you - dear Kerry McGill - could see our damages from Thermage you never would write such lines. Its no game its a desaster!
I had it done on my double chin area and was totally amazed at the results. The key is to not have unrealistic expectations! Its not a magic wand!!!