Really Hurt, with No Results After 3 Months

I was told it was supposed to be uncomfortable but...

I was told it was supposed to be uncomfortable but not painful. I had to pause several times and it was worse than getting tattooed even though Thermage only took 30 minutes. Felt like someone taking a match to the inside of my flesh. I would not get this done again even if I had seen some results. As it was, though, three months later and I see NO improvement. I have attached before/after photos. I did notice a little divet of missing fat from above my belly button after treatment. Minor but was really disappointed that the treatment did nothing.

Update: March 18, 2010 (over two years...

Update: March 18, 2010 (over two years later)

Further comments are in my reply regarding this.

Thanks for the warnings about Smart Lipo. I will NOT get that done. If I do get something done I will get a tummy tuck. Though I'm not crazy about the scar, I already have a smile-shaped indentation that is located right where it would be anyway!
She looked better in the "before" picture
Be cautious on Smart Lipo. I had it two and 1/2 years ago and had horrible nerve trauma on both sides along my waist and back. It felt like what I imagine the itching, pain and pressure of shingles would feel like. At first it was so painful it would wake me up at night. The doctor's comment was "slow to heal". The other thing that happened was my back would sweat even when I wasn't warm. Everything is all lumpy now despite two series of suction treatments that were recommended.
I wish you the best of luck, kevita! You've gone through a lot.
Suzie, sorry whatever you were hoping for didn't happen, but honesty - you were already hot in the before pic!
Ha! Funny. Thanks for the smiles. Most of the other parts of me look much better.
Do not get smart lipo! It causes way too much scar tissue considering they have to use a lazer to 'burn the fat'
Before I was a sales consultant at the plastic surgeons office I work at now, I got smart lipo and had a ripple effect in my stomach. I had to get it fixed by the surgeon that I work for. If you are thinking of getting rid of it try Body Sculpting, not only takes out the fat but sculpts the body, making sure there is no uneveness'
It's been at least two years now. There was no improvement whatsoever. There was no weight gain. 5'3" 115 lbs. The additional bit of pudge in the second photo must have been a post-big meal/bloat effect. I didn't mean to imply that my skin had gotten looser after the procedure. Skin tightening simply did not happen. Abs underneath are rock hard thanks to Pilates, but the skin is still loose (though there's some belly fat there that obviously would not have been addressed by this procedure). I forgot to mention I'd had two children prior, though that should be obvious from the stretch marks. I'm considering Smart Lipo, but from what I can tell, it eliminates the tiny lovely bit of curve in a woman's abs - and I'm sure that achieving that look would be more difficult than just zapping all belly fat.
I had smart lipo on my double chin and now I have wrinkly, crepe-like lizard waddle. It tightened and slimmed my neck but left some little lump of fat and took too much out in some areas and now I have little empty tracks which cause the lizard waddle. I got a new evaluation for the new issue and they recommend peels and photofacials or even a mini lift. A patient I spoke to at a night of beauty event showed me her smart lipo on her belly and she said she now needed a tummy tuck to get rid of the stretch marks and peels to get rid of the crepe skin. So, it never ends. I think I will just spend my money on beer for anyone who is going to look at my belly and then it will appear better and cost less.
I hate the fact that so many people have to chase all of the unwanted side effects...scare me for sure! Loss of volume? Crepe skin? Sags, bags, waddles? Any description that includes a reptile is a definite cause to reconsider. The beer option, however, is sound!
I hope whatever you chose worked out for you. But remember, guys really aren't that aware of these "defects" we have. You don't even need that much beer!
Does anybody see the absolute insanity of this procedure? Doctors are treating the Face for firmness and the Stomach for fat loss. Why would anybody risk this on their face? The side effect is actually the desired result when treated on other parts of the body. Don't you see? This is just a way to stack the odds for positive reviews. When instead this laser should be thrown in the garbage. Or banned on the face
You should not be critical of someone kind enough to post pics to help others decide.. It's the light You say it's not meant to reduce fat,,,But 1000s complain of fat loss after they have it on their face... http://www.realself.com/review/skinnier-thermage-body If you are going to throw stones and be critical of an honest post... At least be informed..
Thermage is not meant to reduce fat. It is to tighten lose skin. From the looks of your pictures, I think you actually gained weight in the three months. Kinda hard to tighten skin if you are streching it out again. Maybe diet and exercise?
Where, in Austin, Tx, was the thermage done?
You do realize that three months is too soon to see your final results with Thermage.
I've just started my research on Thermage and was wondering where you had yours done. I recently moved to Austin and would like to check on various doctors. Thanks for the help. Editor note: you must join RealSelf so you can be contacted privately with doctor recommendations and feedback. This requires free registration for an account. When registering you must opt-in to receiving private contacts (a check box).