Love My New Body Shape - The Woodlands, TX

I had tumescent liposuction on 13th December 2010....

I had tumescent liposuction on 13th December 2010. My figure was slim except for bulges of fat on my upper and lower abdomen. I was dissatisfied with the results of Zerona, so wanted to try something I knew would give me visible results.

The procedure began with a dose of valium before laying down to have the initial injections of the anaesthetic. I waited while that took effect. Then the suction. I was told that there should be no pain and felt some when the doctor was working around my ribs, so he dosed me with more anaesthetic in that part. I think I fell asleep while I lay draining afterwards.

I wore pads around my middle for 2 days (worked from home on those days) and thereafter kept wearing a leotard (binder) for about 6 weeks. This was to ensure the skin shrunk back properly. Although I could see an immediate improvement, it probably took a good 6 weeks until I lost all the swelling and numbness.

I am having a touch-up session in June to take a little more fat off and correct some lumpiness. I will not incur an additional cost for this.

Woodlands Wellness Center and Spa

There is nothing I would fault him on. I had minimal pain and anxiety about the procedure and was very pleased with the results.

Yes, the immediate results looked really good and then the medication wore off and the swelling set in. I think what you're seeing is normal and you shouldn't worry too much during these early days.

No, I'm not going to have any more treatments. I'll post my final photos in a couple of months when everything's settled down. I have some swelling still myself at the moment.
Hi CrystaBL,

I had local with sedation. I felt some pokes here and there in the beginning but I fell asleep pretty much the whole procedure.

I wanted to ask you a question if you dont mind. Did you find you looked SUPER flat on the upper tummy the first day and the couple days following the procedure? It was so flat up there but starting at the 4th day it didnt look like that no more. If you have time, take a look at my pic it was sooo flat (upper abdomen) but doesnt quite look like that at this point. I guess its swelling :-( I sure hope so . . .

Are you due to have any more touch ups in the future? Glad to hear your pain was way less !
Wow . . . your results are amazing! You must be sooo happy. Congradulations! I am getting my upper back done June 20.
Good luck with that, Farz. I know someone who had her back done and was very pleased with the result. However, she had some discomfort and itching during the recovery phase. I am having my touch-up on my tummy today.
Hi CrystalBL,
HOw was your touch up? I am not happy with my back lipo but VERY happy with the upper abdomen lipo. I am very disappointed that he didnt do a better job on my back. There is a bit of difference, but I still have the bra roll :-( HE was supposed to do my lower back a bit but apparently he said he ran out of local anesthetic ?? Weird.
It went very well, thanks Farz. While the procedure was the same as before, less fat was taken off and and fewer incisions were made. I wasn't in as much discomfort after the procedure as I was after the first one.

Glad to hear that you're pleased with the upper abdomen. That was my best area too. Did you have any pain during the procedure?

I would wait to pass judgement on your upper back, because in my experience, it takes at least 2 months for the swelling to go down and to really see the final results. I would be interested to see your 3-month photos if you can obtain them.

Good luck during the recovery phase. Do keep wearing the leotard/binder for 6 weeks as that will help.

Hi Crystal -- Thanks for sharing your story. Your results look fabulous! Please keep us posted on your progress.