Love My New Body Shape - The Woodlands, TX

I had tumescent liposuction on 13th December 2010....

I had tumescent liposuction on 13th December 2010. My figure was slim except for bulges of fat on my upper and lower abdomen. I was dissatisfied with the results of Zerona, so wanted to try something I knew would give me visible results.

The procedure began with a dose of valium before laying down to have the initial injections of the anaesthetic. I waited while that took effect. Then the suction. I was told that there should be no pain and felt some when the doctor was working around my ribs, so he dosed me with more anaesthetic in that part. I think I fell asleep while I lay draining afterwards.

I wore pads around my middle for 2 days (worked from home on those days) and thereafter kept wearing a leotard (binder) for about 6 weeks. This was to ensure the skin shrunk back properly. Although I could see an immediate improvement, it probably took a good 6 weeks until I lost all the swelling and numbness.

I am having a touch-up session in June to take a little more fat off and correct some lumpiness. I will not incur an additional cost for this.

Woodlands Wellness Center and Spa

There is nothing I would fault him on. I had minimal pain and anxiety about the procedure and was very pleased with the results.