Smart Lipo of Upper and Lower Abs 41 Year Old Woman - The Woodlands, TX

For now I have only marked the "worth it" question...

For now I have only marked the "worth it" question as "Not sure" because its too early to see the final results; however, I strongly feel that after the recovery period, when the swelling has finally subsided, I will definitely feel the procedure was worth it!

I have a lot of loose skin and fat that doesn't budge through exercise and diet. I had considered a tummy tuck, but ultimately decided against it due to risks and recovery time. The Smart Lipo seemed to be a good compromise despite the fact that I had read many reviews from doctors who think this procedure is not valuable. I am not looking for a "bikini body", I just want to look better in my clothes!

I had the procedure performed by Dr. Nangrani at Vedas Medical Spa in the Woodlands. I had visited the spa on several occasions prior to electing to do the Smart Lipo procedure until I had established a comfort level with the doctor and felt confident with her knowledge and experience. Dr. Nangrani is very personable, attentive, knowledgable, and seems genuinely concerned about her patient's ultimate satisfaction with any of the procedures she performs.

A few days before the procedure I had a pre-op visit to go over "what to expect" and details for surgery day. I was given 4 prescriptions, 1 for nausea, 1 for pain, an antibiotic and one for relieving anxiety and causing sedation before the surgery. I started the antibiotic the day before surgery and was instructed to take 1 pain pill an hour before the procedure and 1 ativan before leaving the house.

When I arrived at the spa, I was given a robe and disposable undergarments to change into and had pictures taken. I definitely wished these undergarments were a little better, but that's trivial. The doctor asked me if I felt sleepy yet and when I responded that I did not, she instructed me to take another Ativan. I had initially been very concerned about the pain during surgery since only a local anesthetic would be used. Any concern about this was gone completely after the 2nd Ativan! To be honest, I remember VERY little after the 2nd Ativan! I remember going into the procedure room and seeing the nurse and the doctor, and I pretty much slept through the entirety of the procedure! Twice I remember feeling like I was being poked with a long stick and I made a remark that it hurt a little and fell back asleep. The next thing I knew I was dressed wearing a compression garment and being picked up by my ride home. I do not remember having the bandages applied or getting dressed! I told everyone I felt great (don't remember this!) I got home and went to sleep immediately. I slept from Thursday afternoon until 9am Saturday morning. When I woke up on Saturday I was pretty sore, but nothing terrible and not worth taking pain medication for. I removed the bandages, took a shower, and went about my day taking it easy. I went to the movies and dinner with my family. Sunday I went to the gym and did some light exercise - just walking on the treadmill for 35 minutes.

Today is Tuesday, and I went for a short run, I feel great! Bruising was pretty bad, but is already starting to go away. I had a Venus freeze treatment yesterday which I definitely feel helped with the bruising and makes a big difference with skin tightening so I am going to do another 3 or 4 Venus Freeze treatments in the next month. I have already lost a few lbs and started the recommended detox program. I can already feel the difference though I am still very swollen and I know it will take a few months to see the final result. I will update as time passes and add pictures! The worst part is the compression garment which can be quite painful/uncomfortable to wear when the bruising is bad, other than that, overall, the entire experience has been very good thus far!

19 days post lipo, still unsure

I see a difference, but I developed a good size lump in my stomach two weeks ago. I had a Venus Freeze treatment which helped considerably last week and another one yesterday, but I still have a small lump. I believe that my size has gone down, and I am doing this in conjunction with Venus Freeze treatments, but my stomach still is far from where I want it to be. Perhaps the only way to achieve my desired result is by a tummy tuck, but I am still hopeful in another month that I will be thrilled with my outcome. Overall, for some fat reduction, this was a fairly simple and painless (for me) procedure that i do not regret. Will update with pictures in a week or two.

Photos

These photos are pre-op:

not too impressed with results so far

I looked better at 9 days post op because I was still very swollen! I see a slight difference on my side profile, but its very small. Overall I think I am glad I had it done and it really did not hurt much at all, but I know in order to achieve any perceivable results, I am going to need to do a fully TT!
Dr. Chantal Nangrani

Very personable, caring and knowledgable!