32 Years Old, 6-foot Tall, 165lbs, Mother of 2 on the flat side now!

I wasn't comfortable with my body until I was...

I wasn't comfortable with my body until I was about 22 yrs old and then 2 yrs later I gained an extreme 90 pounds with my first daughter. I lost all of the baby weight but my stomach was left with saggy, wrinkly looking skin. I describe my breast as "a sock full of quarters" - deflated and hanging. So naturally, after having my second child, and surviving the loss of a third child, I have decided I would like to reclaim my body. I am looking to get a tummy tuck w/ lipo of love handles, lipo of outer thighs, and BA with lift. I am 6-foot tall and 165 lbs. I plan on getting silicone, mod. profile implants but I am still uncertain on the size. I have picked a doctor, and date. I just need to pay the deposit and stop freaking out! LOL!

The Balancing Act

I have a work opportunity for international travel that will require me to postpone my surgery by a month. I am trying to remind myself that I've waited this long, so what's another month anyway?!? Sometimes it feels like there is no good time for a surgery like this and I worry that it is never going to happen. Sigh...

Lift AND Implants vs Implants

I can't decide what to do about the ladies. Do I do a lift and get smaller implants? Or do I just get higher profile, larger implants without a lift? The photos attached are from a computer animated rendition of me with implants - rather large ones... Too large I think. The 1st one is just me (obviously LOL), middle is 600cc high profile, and last is 650cc high profile. I'm tall so I know I can get away with bigger implants, but those seem too big now. The other doctor I saw kept giving me larger and larger implants too try, but I stopped after 450 that time! I need to go to Victoria's secret with some bags of rice and just be a scientist about it. Has anyone out there got implants and wished they did a lift too?

It's official; I'm doing this. I just paid my non-refundable deposit!

I had to have a pep talk from my husband but he simply said, "just do it." I'm excited and terrified all in one. I need to get some more "before" pics to post.

More Before Pics

Taking pictures of yourself is hard business! Borderline lift?!?

My pre-surgery bikini photos

I went to target and bought 2 cheap suits to hopefully rock after my surgery. I surprised myself; I think I look good. I had to keep my bra on under the top and my stomach is gross but overall, I'm not THAT bad. Lol!

Pre-op nerves are getting to me!

I keep thinking I can't do this. I'm sort of terrified and excited. Normal right?

I'm excited today so I'm posting!

Now that I can check things off a list, (prescriptions? Check! Extra pillows? Check!) I am getting revved up about my impending surgery date. I really do love my doctor. I signed all those consent forms and read about losing your belly button and I just had to know what happens after THAT !? She told me what my odds are of that happening and said she'd make me a new one if it did. Phew! Lol! Overall, it felt good to ask her my silly questions. I'll have an epidural blocking the lower portion of my body, so when I wake up from surgery, it will be just the elephant sitting on my chest that I'll be able to feel. Which sounds bad enough! Does it feel scary to breath? Pain I can handle (or is it manage?) but the thought of feeling like something is squishing my lungs is a little scary. BUT I'm excited! And smiling!

I'm on the Flat Side!!

I will share pictures when I can. Right now it's all about pain management. My boobs hurt the most. This is pretty rough.

More and More Clear-headed

What day is it? Oh right, day 3 post op. So what I didn't post earlier in my fog and confusion is that this almost didn't happen at all. I have low platelets, and they've been low for some time. I've been tested for all sorts of conditions to no resolve. I see a Hematologist and she put me on steroids to boost my count. The night before my surgery, I found out my platelets had not budged (~90,000). So my doctor talked with about what she thought was the safe thing to proceed with. Then my husband says, should we just wait and get it all done at a later date? I started crying because I had mentally prepared for THIS day not down the road! Then I just felt stupid, like why am I doing this?!? The doctor reassured me and let me know it was completely my choice. So we proceeded. She went in to do the tummy tuck (felt safest) and BA/BL. They had wrapped my chest sooooo tight though, that I couldn't get my oxygen levels up where they needed to be. So they cut off the ace bandage wrap around me and then everything was fine. I'm home now. Pretty comfortable but ready for another pain pill. I just wanted to say that things don't always go according to plan, and it was really hard to just sort of "roll with it."

The suspense is killing me!

I have no idea what is under all the binding and wraps! I can't wait to see and post pictures. I'm glad I was able to do both surgeries at once because I can't imagine having to do two separate recoveries. However, if that's what was recommended, that is what would have followed. Oh and I am so excited that "Sharknado 2" is coming out... Hahaha that's my sarcasm. I just saw a commercial for it and felt like mentioning it. Not sure there is a pain pill strong enough for that featured film! I have my first post op tomorrow and I'll try to snap a bunch of pictures when they take all of this extra binding off. And I'm surprised by how little the drains are bugging me. And my lips are nasty and chapped from the breathing tube I'm assuming. And I hacked up nasty brownish phlegm! Gross I know and super painful to cough but worth it to get that nasty out. Just some random observations I don't remember reading about.

The results are in... Worth It!

My stomach looks amazing and my scar is low. My boobs are gonna take some getting use to. They are bigger than what I thought but we will see once they settle down. So... As promised, some pictures! I had to sit because they had just took off all the tape and gauze and BEANS & RICE that hurt!!!! Like getting waxed. No joke, it was more painful than the TT, just shorter lived. Lol!

The "5 days post" Post

There are times, granted they get fewer and fewer by the day, that the pain is so intense, that I can actually feel a stitch in my compression garment digging into me as if it was sewn with fiberglass and hate! There are times, when my face no longer reads desperation or helplessness so much that the care given now becomes a chore and not heroic. There are times, when the big elephant in the room stands up from sitting on your chest to go parading down the street with a banner that reads "She had work done" and "those aren't real." BUT there are also the times, when I think, "damn, I look good," and "yes, I've walked though fire and back and I'm still here." Still fighting, still smiling, still amazed, and still happy I chose to do this. So cheers to day 5 - when logic decides to join the party so you can now focus less of your time on pain and more on thinking about what it all means. Lol!

Feeling good

No pain, just uncomfortable at times. I take one 800mg ibuprofen per day and an over-the-counter sleep aid at night if needed. I usually take a nap at some point during the day so nighttime can be a challenge. EVERYBODY is different though. So march to the beat of your own drum. I stayed on vicodine and Valium for a good 4 days; and for the most part it was comfortable. I have my second post-op tomorrow so I hope I can snap some more pictures. I could care less when my drain comes out. It really doesn't bug me and it keeps the fluid off. I AM ready for a shower though!!!! Which will only happen once the drain is out. Good luck to all the ladies headed for surgery this week and happy healing to those who are on the flat side.

Some quick snapshots

I'll take better photos Friday after I get my drain out, steri strips off and shower!!!! I'm not looking forward to swelling more because I really like how I look (tummy wise). My boobs need to calm down! When can you start post op massages to help? I still can't believe those photos are of me! I feel like I've been photoshopped! Lol!

This just makes me laugh!

So Aunt Flo has decided to visit 10 days post op and I've had to add one more article of clothing to the sexy ensemble; underwear! I look like some sort of weirdo who thinks she's a super hero! Up, up and away! Hehehe! I couldn't resist... Sorry...

Scars looking good

Took these photos this morning. It looks like I have one area that's a little larger than expected but as long as it heals and doesn't get bigger, I'll be happy. Still super low so if that area is a bit wider I can still cover it. I'm super paranoid of infection or separation so I've cut back on my activity and I'm making sure I wash with soap and water everyday. My drain site hasn't scabbed over yet either. Still oozes a little too. Hopefully these are all normal things. I see my PS Wednesday to ask. as much as I may hate how uncomfortable my compression garment may be, I really hate being out of it. My chest without a bra feels foreign and hurts. My boobs by far hurt the most still. And it doesn't help being on my time-of-the-month either with all the bloating and achy boobs. Happy healing everybody. And best wishes to those headed for surgery this week.
Dr. Sabrina Lahiri

She is clear and concise which can be read as cold but I found her to be very supportive and caring. I didn't feel like she was selling me anything and she answered all of my questions and explained the risks and chances I had of certain outcomes. Her tummy tucks are the best in town if you ask me. Her online pictures all show low and symmetrical scars. I looked at 4 other doctors and her tummy tucks were the best by far. I am 3 days post-op and I have had no surprises. I am very thrilled with my results. And when it was boarder line safe for me to have one of the additional procedures she suggested not doing it all and refunded me the money. Very professional and considerate. I wish there were more reviews out there to compliment her but sometimes I think "no news is good news." She is just a modest and humble yet confident dr doing her job. She really is great and her nurse Jackie and consultant Che were always very sweet and helpful.

You look great! I had an area of concern on my boobs, and all is looking better. I think it is normal for that to happen from Time to time.
Thank you, and you look great as well! My PS said all looked well today. So, I can stop worrying a little. Now my drain hole site is stinging/burning today after I showered. Ugh! I can't wait to look back at this a month from now and be glad it's done!
Isn't it so much easier said than done?! I worry about everything. I just need to look in the mirror and be grateful. You look great, look forward to following your journey!
My drain sites haven't closed up yet either, your 2 days ahead of me but I'm glad to know I'm not alone lol
Yeah, I was bummed because I had gauze on it for one day while it was still oozing and the next day when I took the gauze off to shower, I think the scab came off with the gauze. I put a little neosporin one the gauze this time so if it scabs again it won't stick.
Oh my goodness, I did the same! Lol oops
Love your results, super flat tummy! Congrats !
Ya looking at your pic again tonight.... I hope my results are as good as yours
Wow absolutely fantastic! So happy for you
you look wonderful!!!!!! you just made me realize I have NOT yet bought a bikini! Oh my gosh, I can't even think of the last bikini I purchased. I really should do before and afters....congrats.....you look great!
Thank you...I'm super excited. I went to target and bought bikinis for some good "before" shots. I bought 2 because they were so cheap. That or forever 21 but at 6foot, I rarely find my size there but those bikinis are like 5 bucks so if you under- or over-estimate your outcome size you didn't lose much money.
So true! I'm getting mine tomorrow! ;)
Wow your pics look great! You need to be very happy!
I am very pleased! I can't wait to try some clothes on!!!
You have such a cute figure that I know you're going to have amazing results! I can't wait to see. Take it easy and let the healing continue!
Glad you were able to get it done! I had a low platelet count when I was pregnant. I hope I don't have that problem again. I forgot about that. I wonder what causes it. Anyway, I am excited to see your results. Rest up!
I have been tested for VonWillebrand disease, lupus, bleeding factors 2-7 and spleen and liver scans (they can hoard platelets if they want to), and anything they could think of that can cause low platelets but ultimately it was determined that I produce the right amount but my own cells kill too many of them. Just how my body works. Most people have lower platelets during pregnancy and bounce back after delivery. You should be fine, and your ps will want a CBC for your pre-op to know for sure. Good luck to you. I'll have to go check your profile now.
Yay congratulations to you and welcome to your new body!! Can't wait to see pictures! I'm less than two weeks away from mine and reading your post sounds just like the way I'm thinking too... Thanks for your post
It's a big mental game for sure. But I'm sure you will surprise yourself. I am. I didn't think I'd be feeling this decent but I actually feel okay.
Glad you're ok!
Glad you finally did it. How exciting. I can't wait to read your upcoming reviews. Take it slow and easy and don't over do it. One day at a time. Drink plenty of liquids and always take your pills with food.
Yes, I really need to eat more. I don't feel nauseous but I just don't feel like eating. I got some frozen smoothies that go down good but I need some protein for healing for sure.
If you don't have a big apetite. Try getting protein bars. They come in all brands now like Kellogg's, they're so good.
First I am sorry for your loss, that is very painful. If you read my profile you can see I was like no way I just am not doing this and if I do I just want a little. Because of my frame my PA said anything more than 375cc what not look natural. Even though I am still swollen I truly believe her. As far as profile I am not sure, I can confirm on my post op visit next week. I did do the mentor anatomical gummies. This is not the implant for everyone, but for me my PA said they looked better than the round. I didn't want a lot of upper pole fill, but a more natural slopped look, which she could have achieved as well with the round mentor gummy. I personally think as long as you have a wish picture of your desire look and you have a great PA that understands your desire you will be fine. I think I was very fortunate as my PA had hers done 3 yrs ago. I didn't want to regret going bigger, but honestly I don't think I could have given the look that I wanted. I did the rice test and it was so darn hard to figure out which was too much and which was right, depends on the bra you put it in, there are so many factors that come into play when doing it. It certainly will give you and idea. Unlike most women on the forums I had not done a single iota of research since my hubby made the appointment out of the blue for me. It was kind of good that I hadn't, but also kind of bad. It's major surgery so do your research but also realize that 375cc on me may not look the same on you. You have to consider your breast tissue, your chest dimensions, there are SO many factors that come into play. Good luck and looking forward to following your adventure! Promise you won't regret it:0)
The nerves are normal. You can do this. I had my TT in November, and just got the girls done June 5. I also had some of my TT scar revised at the same time I got the girls done to fix some areas that looked bad because I had some abscesses. I have no regrets about doing this for myself, and would do it all over again. Don't let the nerves get the best of you, because you will need all your focus to be on taking care of the physical you and the post-op emotional you (the one that says it hurts; I don't like going at less than 120% at all times; my hair feels like I haven't washed it in a million days; I'm crying for no real reason, etc, etc). There is so much good advice and interesting info on RS that will help you through it. I don't have pics and a review because of the kind of job I have, but if I did I would spend a lot of time focusing on how this whole process has made me feel like I have given myself the gift of enjoying this body I plan to live in for many, many more years.