LASIK Has Given Me Perfect Eye-sight - The Woodlands, TX

I had LASIK surgery on both eyes in April 2009...

I had LASIK surgery on both eyes in April 2009 which resulted in perfect vision despite wearing lenses/glasses for 25 years. I was short-sighted, and could not even see the largest letter on the optician's chart without corrective lenses.

I was given a small dose of valium prior to surgery. In stage 1, I was laying there wondering when the process would start as I heard the nurse say "15 seconds left".

No pain, very quick and I would have no qualms having it done again. Some slight discomfort early afternoon when the anaestheic drops wore off, but I slept all afternoon and no pain after waking up.

The doctor advised me that I may soon lose my near vision and need reading glasses (I was 44 yrs old at the time), but nearly 2 years on, that has not happened.

Berkley Eye Center, The Woodlands

I had excellent service and care from my initial consultation during the procedure itself to the check-ups afterwards. During the initial consultation, everything was explained and I was assessed to ensure I was eligible for the procedure. A couple of months after surgery, I had a burst blood vessel in my eye (not caused by the surgery), but they checked it out for me without charge. I received discounts on the price due to my employer and for paying cash.