LASIK Has Given Me Perfect Eye-sight - The Woodlands, TX

I had LASIK surgery on both eyes in April 2009...

I had LASIK surgery on both eyes in April 2009 which resulted in perfect vision despite wearing lenses/glasses for 25 years. I was short-sighted, and could not even see the largest letter on the optician's chart without corrective lenses.

I was given a small dose of valium prior to surgery. In stage 1, I was laying there wondering when the process would start as I heard the nurse say "15 seconds left".

No pain, very quick and I would have no qualms having it done again. Some slight discomfort early afternoon when the anaestheic drops wore off, but I slept all afternoon and no pain after waking up.

The doctor advised me that I may soon lose my near vision and need reading glasses (I was 44 yrs old at the time), but nearly 2 years on, that has not happened.

Berkley Eye Center, The Woodlands

I had excellent service and care from my initial consultation during the procedure itself to the check-ups afterwards. During the initial consultation, everything was explained and I was assessed to ensure I was eligible for the procedure. A couple of months after surgery, I had a burst blood vessel in my eye (not caused by the surgery), but they checked it out for me without charge. I received discounts on the price due to my employer and for paying cash.

I had it done at Manrique Custom Vision and Dr. manrique himself performs the surgery. He treated me like a VIP and they perform the surgery on the Texans players and I trusted them. I love my new vision and the whole thing was painless and easy. I could see immediately after surgery when I sat up from the table and just went home to sleep for several hours.
Yes, that was the case. I came home wearing plastic perforated shields over my eyes to protect them. I slept for maybe 3 hours and woke up, able to see through the little holes in the shields. I was able to see the leaves on the trees in our neighbour's garden. Fantastic!

Oh that sounds amazing. So happy for you. Please keep us updated.

-Britt

Hi CrystalBL,

Welcome to the community. I'm glad it went so well. After, did you sleep for a long time woke up and was able to see without glasses or contacts? I have heard that is what other community members have done. Please keep us updated and thanks so much for the review.

Thanks,