May Need Some More - The Woodlands, TX

I went in for Botox and Juvederm thinking that I...

I went in for Botox and Juvederm thinking that I may need 3 syringes ($249 each). Dr Nadeem Jamil is an internist, not PS or dermatologist. He was kind and gentle. They put numbing cream on the nasolabial lines and on the marionette lines. He used 2 syringes and stopped. I still have one side with deeper line than the other, but he said he can top it off after 10 days or so to make sure. The whole thing was very fast and relatively pain-free. You will feel pin pricks with needles going in and out, but nothing horrible. I did not put any ice on, drove myself home and no significant swelling. No one even noticed that I had anything done but I can see subtle difference. The best part was that my eyes were uneven with one brow higher than the other. Dr Jamil showed this to me in a mirror. I guessed they have been uneven for a long time and I just did not pay attention. He injected 20 units of Botox in different places in my forehead and voila: even eyes with very natural looking brows: I was so surprised. So I do like the Botox done by Dr Jamil, but I am not so sure about Juvederm. I don't know how long it would last and how much more I have to pay to keep these valleys filled up. I need real facelift for sure

Got some more! Pretty happy so far

I went in today 11/11 to "top it off". It hurt more the 2nd time around. They told me that just 3 weeks apart would cause it to hurt more and it would also bruise. Well no bruise. I am just fine. Happy with the results. They gave me a chunk of ice to dab myself with. I just blew the car AC full blast onto my face on the way home and it was fine by the time I got home 1 hour later (traffic was horrible). I am too impatient to "dab the ice" as I should. All redness was resolved within one hour with the car AC fully blasted. They did give me numbing cream like the last time, but it still hurt more compared to the 1st time. Not too bad though.
Nadeem Jamil MD

Dr Nadeem Jamil is very courteous, calm and kind alleviating all my fear. He surprised me by even out my eyes (one brow higher than other) with 20 units of Botox. Both eyebrows are even and slightly up. He also did my Juvederm and was on a conservative side as to not overfill. He said that he may fill more as needed but not to overdo things. I believe that he is a good provider even with an internists/emergency physician background.

Thanks for sharing.  Great that you didn't experience any bruising!  Keep us posted on the Juvederm and if you decide to get more, and if you decide you are happy with it or not.  :)