FDA Approved Treatment for Cellulite - La Jolla, CA

I am 44 years old, and my weight varies between...

I am 44 years old, and my weight varies between 135-145. I am by no means considered overweight or fat but it does not matter if I weigh 135 or 145, I have always had cellulite on my legs. Despite my weight and good healthy eating habits, I could never get rid of, or improve the cellulite appearance on my legs. I am extremely self conscious and rarely wear shorts in public. When I heard about cellulaze, I was very excited that I could possibly get rid of the cellulite.

I did understand that the cellulaze may not get rid of all my cellulite completely, but I would have been happy to at least gotten 50% improvement. I had my procedure on June 2012 and so far have been extremely pleased with my results. I would say that my legs look much better. My sister even noticed a difference. I am not embarrassed to wear shorts in public and for that I will be forever grateful to Dr. Umansky for helping me with this very sensitive subject. I am now motivated to eat better, exercise more, and overall my outlook is more positive. I am proud to show my legs. As far as pros and cons, the pros are 1) that this procedure can be done under IV sedation (with an anesthesiologist) and that makes the down time less and recovery quicker, 2) it got rid of 70% of my cellulite appearance on my legs, 3) I have a more positive attitude, 4) I feel and look great, and 5) I finally feel comfortable to wear shorts in public. The cons: None that I can think of right now.

Overall, I would recommend the cellulaze surgery to anyone that has struggled with trying to get rid of cellulite despite exercising and eating healthy.

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

After meeting Dr. Umansky and his office staff, I felt very comfortable. Dr. Umansky answered all of my questions. He has a wonderful bedside manner. He spent alot of time with me in my initial consult. I did not feel rushed to get through the consult. All of my follow up appointments have been on time with little to no waiting in waiting room to see the doctor. The money spent was well worth it and Dr Umansky office staff gave me several options to help cover payment of surgery. After doing research and seeing before and after pictures on the cellulaze website, I contacted a plastic surgeon in my area. I am a nurse and I also wanted to pick a plastic surgeon that was BOARD CERTIFIED IN PLASTIC SURGERY. I found Dr.William and Jeffrey Umansky in La Jolla/ UTC area. I had my consult for the cellulaze with Dr. Umansky and he discussed with me the cellulaze procedure. I felt very comfortable after talking to Dr. Umansky that I scheduled my surgery the same day. The Umansky office staff were so helpful and friendly in helping me arrange my surgery date as well as help me with other questions.

It it great to hear how happy you are with your results. I would love it if you would share what you experienced in the first 48 hours after you had the treatment.

I had alot of bruising in the treatment areas but the bruising seemed to resolve quickly. I had alot of swelling in the treatment area that did go away over time. I did not have any pain whatsoever and did not even need to take the pain medication. I had the surgery on a Thursday and went back to work on that following Saturday.