The Invisialign Lifestyle

Just started Invisalign yesterday so it's been...

Just started Invisalign yesterday so it's been just over 24 hours. My teeth, mouth and throat are sore and I dread pulling the trays off to eat or drink. Oh, and I'm getting a headache. I need to figure out how to file these things down, I think. That said, I'm not a former braces wearer, and I'm told that is much worse. And I'm guessing it will get better over the next couple of weeks unitl I switch to the next trays. I have 18 trays and one attachment in all. Wasn't told until I went in to get fitted that there would be 3 months of retainers after that! Oh well, I paid for it so I'm going through with it. Just wondering about the lifestyle change- I know that some people out there must "cheat" a little? For the day to day I don't mind only taking them out briefly to consume meals, and I'm even prepared to give up my "coffee all morning" habit. But does anyone have experience with maybe having a few clear cocktails for an evening out and just taking the trays out after to brush? I'm going to say it's worth it, but just because I'm trying really hard to be optimistic!
Family Dentist