The First Few Weeks Were Hard but All is Going Well Now!

Cons: * You have to brush your teeth after you...

Cons:
* You have to brush your teeth after you eat or drink anything other than water. If you don't, you will get cavities and it will be harder to clean your trays.
* Dry mouth and occasional tooth / gum tenderness.
* They aren't completely invisible and it takes some time getting used to having something on your teeth - especially when you are talking.

Pros:
* Cuts back on snacking.
* The pain is pretty mild - nothing some Advil can't take care of.
* You can take them out but after a while, you'll feel better when they are in.

I felt very restricted - almost a little claustrophobic -at first and it was difficult to talk without a lisp but this went away within the first few weeks. I was freaked out when my dentist filed between my front teeth leaving gaps but they closed in about two weeks. I had to have my teeth filed about 3 times and each time the gaps have closed nicely. My teeth look to be in alignment with the rest of my face so I'm happy with it and fortunately no more filing.

If I know we're going out for a night on the town with lots of food and drink, I will leave my trays at home and put them back on when we get home. This hasn't extended my treatment and is very convenient.

I will wear 29 trays - that's about 60 weeks. I'm on tray #10 after about 4.5 months of treatment. I had to wear the first couple of trays for more than 2 weeks. I'm 1/3 of the way done and I am finally starting to see noticeable results. I can't wait to see how things continue to progress and hopefully by this time next year I'll be done.

I don't know who his dentist is, but I'm assuming a lot of you are asking for the dentist's name because of the price? I went to Hidden Valley Smiles in Redmond. I didn't have really bad teeth, just spacing issues. They have an express program where they charge by the number of trays they'll use over the lifetime of the treatment. It was a lot cheaper than a lot of places I checked out. The doc explained that most place charge by month and if you pass 6 or 9 months, it's considered a full treatment and they'll charge you that much. Mine took 6 months on top and 9 months on the bottom and it ended up being about $3500.
what is the drs name?
Can you please tell me who your provider was? Sounds like a great price! Thanks :-)
What destist/Ortho was this??? Anybody have a good recommendation?
hey where is the location you when to? I would like to know as well thanks!
I'd like to know who you went to as well. Thanks!
Which dentist/ortho in seattle? Can you let me know b/c other places are charging way too much.