Resurfacing - I have had great results - Bulgaria

I have recently had a deep facial resurfacing, one...

I have recently had a deep facial resurfacing, one session administered only, and I have had great results., i.e. not like they tell you you might need three to four sessions in order to achieve the results desired. It is because you have to over pay and pay over and over again with minimum results and for their safety and benefit...I had my face really fried and peeled off last month with the CO2 ablative laser and I now look really great ... no melasma, no spots, no lines plus the tightening yeah>>no one says am 43 but barely 30, and i have paid for one treatment only. Good luck to all it is worth it but you have to get the most of it, do your research first!!!. If anyone needs more info, let me know  so I will share, otherwise it will sound like a commercial.

Sorry for long time of not responding. Since I...

Sorry for long time of not responding.
Since I have noticed several people got interested in what procedures in reverse-ageing I have had, here is the answer; hope it will satisfy most of your questions.

I had it performed in Varna, Bulgaria, since originally I am from Europe, and go frequently to Bulgaria -Varna so to have my laser procedures performed threre. It is very cost effective-prices, even cheap... are much lower than in the USA, and the specialiss are Europe famous.

I can share patient pictures with you who laso had like me the procedure.
The procedure I have had is not the DeepFX per se, yet, it is most simililar to it; i.e. application of 100microns ablative holes reaching the reticulare derma, versus the Active FX protocol which has only superficial epidermal influence and is widely practiced in The USA. It only cleares melasma and discoloration yet, can not eliminate effectivelly fine lines, wrinkles and deep lines, nor it has theoveral tightening effect.

p.s. At first, I had a free of charge test sesion performed on on zone of my face in order the optimal parameters to be adjusted accordingly to my skin needs. I saw many waiting potential patients inspired this way. I my self did the whole face after I got satisfied with the test session.

Last week I had the superficial FX to smooth the...

last week I had the superficial FX to smooth the skin tone. The doctor suggested to perform it after the deep FX since it smooths and enlightens only, removing melasma as well as discolorations, not deep lines. Very happy with the result now.

cool CO2 laser ablation

It has been months since I had the deep ablative on my face. It did indeed got better. I have to use sun protection as well as staying away from day time beaching. Yet, results are absolutely fine. Since asked , partial photos you may see at ***.com (check the resurfacing line, there are other photos too. ) I plan a fraxel procedure for the fall time.

deep co2 laser ablation rejuvenation

sorry, the web page is actually *****.com

a spring time photo

Recent photos

This one, I had in Vienna, Sorry didnt have time to crop. You can see my face same day I landed on a vacation there, got very tired.

Updates

Since I have got questions about the actual skin condition now as well as if skin thickening is still going on here are few points in brief:
The tension (lifting) of the skin, as well as the polishing (resurfacing) of the skin after the deep ablative laser resurfacing is due to two reasons (that is according to Dr. Jullian Penev): the coagulation shrinkage of dermal extracellular matrix in the area surrounding the ablative channels and also a formation of new collagen in the already shrunk dermal mariks; stimulation of collagen synthesis in the ablative holes during the first weeks as well as organizing and modifying the collagen in the following four months.
I read the review of Dr Brent Moelleken. I will ask my questions too. (Also, my mother desires total rejuvenation).
Regards.
Dr. Julian Penev

Just remember the deeper the treatment the less you can do it. You could probably do C02 Profractional Laser treatment twince in your life time. Face& Neck, Decolette, and Back of Hands. After that you should not spend too much time in Direct Sunlight... Think Victorian Parasols and Big Hats!
thank you milly B for telling your story. i use SPF helioplex very regularly. I am active outdoors so it is very important. melasma is common with being a middle aged women. hormones! the deep fx did help with skin texture, but now makes bleaching creams impossible for me because of post deepfx allergic reaction sensitivity, i guess if someone is careful to monitor for allergic reactions to the gel used after the procedure, it is a good procedure with good results. there are several post op options, so just be aware!
Thank you. I get informed as much I can do, one can not get on the trial-error path when it comes to their skin. No bleaching creams for me in the summer, esp. No way I shall experiment since you are right - allergic reactions are very common. I also do not use vitamin A and D as of now. Will go again to redo the procedure if I have to with the same laser specialist (Dr. Julian Penev). Pls, let me know if you can recommend a good laser therapist so I can have it in mind too, (distance travel and commuting are fine with me)
I had Deep FX twice. no problems the first time. that is why I went in the for the second time 2 years later. I wanted smoother skin, but the real reason was to get rid of melasma. The doctor told me to use a different post op gel to put on the raw, open skin. i ended up having an allergic reaction and the nurses were too busy preparing for a 3 day holiday weekend to bother really deal with my complaints of discomfort and extremem itching. I found out later that allergic reactions at this stage are common . i kept applying for another 48 hours causing a GIANT ALLERGIC REACTION. I finally in a pain killer induced blur figured out I was having an allergic reaction. the nurses didnt'! so unfortunately I ended up with post inflammatory hyperpigmentation ( PIH) . and after such a GIANT ALLERGIC REACTION, my skin which was NEVER sensitive before , became sensitive to use any good bleaching creams , so now I have more melasma than ever. I was most upset that my doctor ( down in La Jolla) seem to back her nurses bad behavior. bottom line, stick with the IPL and skip the Deep FX. too risky

Whoa!  That sounds horrible, sorry you had to go through that.  Do you have any idea what the gel was called?

it was the SkinMedica Restorative Ointment. I guess the office had had many reports of allergic reactions with the inexpensive Aquaphor ointment (inexpensive from local drugstore) post DeepFX s so they switched to the expensive sold by the derms office SkinMedica Restorative Ointment. They didn't tell me that until after I had notified them of the allergic reaction. Considering I didn't have a reaction to the Aquaphor the first time, I wished they had told me that many people had had reactions to the Aquaphor and that they liked the new SkinMedica Restorative Ointment better. At least allergic reactions being common would have stuck out in my mind and I would have probably saved at least one of the three days my face burned on in horrible reaction. Every time I put on the SkinMedica Restorative Ointment, it was like pouring salt on a wound! And with the nurses prior knowledge of somewhat patients experiencing allergies at this stage of recovery, it was totally unacceptable that the nurses didn't figure it out, I did. I reviewed my desperate emails and it was very clear I was reporting allergic reaction symptoms to any one if they really paid even a little attention. I think they just assumed I was a drug addict and wanted more vicodin! and of course, this happened on the friday before a three day weekend....
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

What result did you have? Did you do this for acne pitting? For laxity wrinkles? For actual lines etched into skin?
This is a Greek site?
i had deep FX for fine lines and uneven skin tone. helped with the fine lines I guess, but post allergic reaction, my skin is unable to tolerate and skin tone correcting creams because now i am very sensitive. I never had sensitive skin up to the days leading up to the procedure. oh well. all cosmetic procedures have their risks and this time things went wrong with mine!
I used to use corective an bleaching facial creams before too. I have worsened my melasma over the time. Hope you check carefully before doing treatments , as I have done myself before on a trial-error way. i am happy with the results after the deep CO2 ablation, my face is much better now I stay away from the noontime sun though.!
At first, I got swollen and red for the first few days. Did not have any acne reactions though. After crusts have peeled off the skin keeps staying smooth an d it is improving over the time, indeed. However, i use a high SPF, and plan to redo it in the winter hoping it will get even better. Actually, I had pimples after a chemical peel i have done long time ago, and I am not going for chemical peel never ever again.
No, it is not a greek site, I went to Europe, Bulgaria for a vacation. There i did it. It was easier for me to direct answers to the web site since this way one can see and believe it. I am happy indeed, after I have been doing a chemical peel, amicroderm and other laser treatment over the past years with no real result, at least not as promsed and expected at all.
I can not report on any SkinMedica product, as I have not the right to do that, i suppose. Why ddnt you get in contact with them or with the doctor, either? What do you plan? I had a chemical peel lonmg time ago, got worsened, I got laser just asuperficial one, and ten more and more sessions. Just paid money for no results. I am very happy now, as I did it with the deep CO2 ablation, it is improving over time, I only use a basic moisturiser now...
Thank you, pls, dont be sorry for me. No, it was not horrible, painfull though. I am sorry I wrote it so you got scared. Thank you for your concern.
I did it for my deep marionette lines, as well as for the fine lines and wrinkles. Unlike surgical face lift which pulls skin wrinkles away, a resurfacing procedure tightens the skin and renews its entire volume(this is what I liked, indeed), and indeed, my deep lines, wrinkles, any acne scars, as well as my stretch marks appeared visibly smoothed and narrowed with one resurf procedure. Yet, in cases of deeper scars I was told(Dr.Julian Penev warned me) that the procedure should being repeated with the applied working ablative dose adjusted at the discretion of the physician. Anyways, a visible rejuvenating and smoothing skin pattern got established I should say. Since after undergoing this treatment i felt it like I had a facelift as a whole. Again, unlike the surgical face a professionally performed resurfacing procedure tightens the skin and renews its entire volume. I learned that the numerous connective tissue ablative holes serve as one reinforcing skeleton that keeps skin tight while ensuring that lasting rejuvenating effect from a CO2 laser resurfacing procedure. I plan to go further this year and combine it with other aestheticprocedures (such as for example hyaluronic fillers or Botox. Still, I shall not do a ydermabrasio procedure since it was not recommended combining a deep laser resurfacing with a dermoabrazio procedure because of the possible adverse effects that may actually distort the real laser (again according to Dr Julian Penev) resurfacing outcome. Please, advise for filler/deep abl resurf combo, should you have reliable info on the subject. I am somehow affraid using Btx injection, too.
I had deep and active Fraxal . I am very happy now that it has been 4 weeks . Very painful during procedure. Leave numb cream on at least 1 hour. Llooked a mess about 7 days with coldsores yes after taking valtrex. Bbroke out with cystic acne very normal. Put up with that for 2 weeks and it just started clearing up and I am delighted it's like having a baby I swore I would never never do this again, but it is such a dream come true!!! RECCOMEND!
I would recommend Dr. Robbins in myDesMMoines,IA . DOUBLE BOARD CERTIFIED
Please update us when the pinkness goes to normal and what's happened: no more static lines/ whatever. And will you have dots in the end (some do). Use aloe too, by the way!
I will check online at first , are you happy with the results as overal? How do feel about your skin as of now?? I am verry happy with Dr Julian Penev, too.
Hi ClareK, what kind of aloe do you recommend? Is there a specific brand or is fresh aloe pulp more beneficial?
Hi, as Megan asked, you had high but not very high? --- And when you say ablative, well, CO2 always removes (is ablative) but some doctors and patients only call it ablative when they mean the original, surface-removing and more dangerous ablative. So you had fractional, right? -- And how is it now? Sometimes after many months the wrinkles come back? Do you have any photos close up now and some from before?
Yes, I wrote a new coment now, I have several new photos . I will send it to you shortly. ... or you can read my post now, Thank you
Yes, thank you for your comments! I am still confused when you say there are multiple treatments ... you had medium settings for Re:store, correct, and it was intense in effect on you? You had fractional CO2, right?
I only had one deep ablative co two session., and few months afterwards one active fx laser session. Will post pictures when have time .