Dr Sanguan - Breast Lift & Small Implant Replacement -Thailand, TH

Hi wanted to share because through my 2 year 3...

Hi wanted to share because through my 2 year 3 operation ordeal the realself women have helped me so much.

I am a 36 year old 5'7" tall & 132lb. I have had 3 breast surgeries.

Originally I had reasonably full 32c/d breasts with a very slight droop. I wanted perfection & I wish I had known then what I know now & realised that my breasts were beautiful.

I sought out one of the best PSs in the UK wishing to increase my size to a 32e with more upper pole fullness. My BA was 290cc, low profile, over the muscle round textured gel implants that gave me a 32G cup, no cleavage & after 6 months capsular contraction in my right breast.

My PS revised the implants & as they were not giving me any cleavage I asked to go bigger. 2nd op 410ccs, moderate profile, dual plane. They looked awful, just low & fat, no clothes or bras fitted & they hurt so so much the pain after the op was excruciating for nearly 8 weeks. The scars were still hurting 9 months on & there was an odd indentation where the cc scar tissue had been.

So 2 days ago I has my 3rd op with Dr Sanguan of the PIAC Phuket International hospital. I chose Thailand because I currently live in Bali Indonesia & Thailand is close with excellent surgeons. I had a full breast life & downsized my implants to 175cc mentor moderate profile implants.

Ideally I would have explanted altogether but I wanted my surgeon to decide in surgery because he is an absolute expert at breast reconstruction surgeries & I knew his opinion was the one to trust.

I was in pain on the first day post op & was hooked up to a morphine drip for the first 12 hours after that I have had so little pain I can't quite believe it. My first op was painful for 6 weeks & the first few days were agony, the second op was worse still & my breast were still painful 9 months post op! Day 3 after full lift & implant exchange & virtually no pain!

The stitches look incredible - so neat. No bruising or redness or swelling. Just amazing

Day 6 Post Op I finished my courses of meds...

Day 6 Post Op

I finished my courses of meds today, antibiotics, muscle relaxants, pain relief, anti inflammatory & Still no pain!

Ok a little pain but I REALLY mean a little, I spent the whole day out walking around kata town. I did take it easy & checked in with myself often so as to not overdo it, I'm very aware that any cosmetic surgery, is still major surgery & also went to the dentist, which allowed me a little lie down.

My breasts look much the same & I will post a pic I took last night.

I LOVE my new size. What I love most & can't wait to experience again is fashion. With the 410cc low swingers, most clothes & bikinis were a no no & fashion was off limits to me.

After 3 operations I can only conclude that finding the right PS really is so important & difficult. Choosing the surgeon for my first 2 surgeries was my responsibility. I chose the surgeon who was then the chairman of the British association of aesthetic & plastic surgeons. I had watched a documentary where he revised BAs that other surgeons had botched plus he has been teaching plastic surgery for 25 years. And yet my spidey sense should of starting tingling when both my consultations lasted no more than 15 mins! No sizers, no comparison of actual implants just a measurement of my breast width, a quick look at my breasts to tell me i had a little droop & a brief reference to a manufacturers chart stating the 290cc implant was THE one for me. I really believed from all the BAs I've seen in the media that it was a relatively easy procedure & my PS told me one lady managed her pain with a couple of paracetamol! Well I wasn't that lady!. My incisions were on FIRE as were my breasts after surgery, red, swollen, sore for 3 weeks & took 5 weeks to heal. The 2nd operation was UNBELIEVABLE on a pain scale & the pain was awful for 4 solid weeks, didn't heal for 8-12 weeks & the incision sites still hurt 9 months on.

Dr Sanguan was referred to me via a company called lotus medical which was set up by an ex nurse who reviews & views all her surgeons work personally & will only work with a handful of specialists. Understandably though stepping into the unknown i was super scared going in for my 3rd surgery. I sent photographs & had a basic online consultation but it was the morning of the surgery that i had my first in person consultation. My surgeon spent 40 mins measuring EVERY aspect of my breast anatomy, & drawing out everythinincliding where my nipples 'should' sit which turned out to be about an inch further up my breasts than they were last week (before surgery). After all my angst I discussed complete explant & he advised that he would do his absolute best but would like to decide in surgery whether to use a 175cc implant to achieve the best result. I was in surgery for 5 hours! Which I was very pleased about, I think it shows care & attention to detail.

I was assured he is the best surgeon for complex revisions & his care & stitching ability is without comparison! When I saw my breasts on the day after surgery there was no bruising, very little pain & THE neatest, smallest stitches round my nipples. I have virtually no bruising & virtually no pain.

Tomorrow I go for my follow up so I can see everything & will keep posting.

Follow up consult week1 Stitches out today -...

Follow up consult week1

Stitches out today - everything looking beautiful so pleased.

FINAL PAYMENT FIASCO
The payment procedure has been fraught with difficulty. Initially I paid a deposit to lotus medical to secure surgery along with their fee.

No problem there; deposit paid, lotus medical fee paid. Quote from the surgeon agreed.

The quote for surgery changed dramatically on the morning of surgery because my procedure changed dramatically & my surgeon provided new quotes for full breast lift with no implant replacement & for full breast lift with implant replacement. They were expensive but I was confident in his skill thanks to the experiences of hundreds of prior surgeries that the lotus medical team could share with me & we proceeded surgery.

However when I came to pay the balance at my follow up consultation the whole process got a little weird. The prices quoted were exclusive not inclusive of my deposit which was never stated or written or explained, so at the very last minute I am presented with a fee of $280 & when i questioned this a rather officicious lady appeared to tell me in no uncertain terms that the surgeon had no right to give me a quote & i was lucky she had decided to honour it, and furthermore between my initial inquiry & my surgey the prices had increased & i was lucky to be paying what i did. That the quote excluded the deposit & that was that.

But I had never been quoted for breast lift & implant before the morning of surgery & the cost on the PIAC website for lift & implant is approximately $7100. The need for the lift was decided on the morning of the surgery, she then repeated that the surgeon had no right to quote any prices & that I was lucky she had chosen to honour his quote ($8200). It made no sense. I know a lift with revision & replacement implant is more complex, but $8200 doesn't seem like it warrants 'counting myself lucky'

Plus everyone started to get a bit pissed off with me because I still didn't understand why the deposit wasn't included in the surgical quote, but I was getting nowhere & the attitude was pay up, shut up & count yourself lucky. Not the nicest way to finish my experience.

My surgery is very very impressive but my payment is equally impressive so more clarity & less attitude would be appreciated PIAC. Especially as this is the hospital that put my credit card through for payment four times telling me it hadn't worked an hour before my surgery (stressed much?!). When I called my issuer to find out what had happened the payment had been processed the first time & had the funds been available it would have been processed all four times & I would have paid $20,000.

Day 19 post op Soooooo still looking great it...

Day 19 post op

Soooooo still looking great it have a little worry developing when I am moving about I have quite a lively implant that I can move with my pec muscle I thought this had been resolved with partial unders to overs but obviously not. I will have to ask my surgeon as well as the docs on here.

I pray it will be ok

25 April 2013 4 Weeks Post Op I've been a bit...

25 April 2013 4 Weeks Post Op

I've been a bit crazed recently as I am still in Thailand, after all my crazy dramas last time I decided to stay for a full 3 weeks. And I have come to visit a friend & see the sights if Bangkok so it's been a bit difficult to update. Big cities are exhausting. I am careful with my boobies & getting a tuk tuk across town on the first night was a mistake! I had to hold onto my boobs for dear life, but I managed & I didn't hurt. I have been squashed in the sky train, shopped til I dropped & walked for miles & yes my I feel tender like I have walked into a door & have a bruise that is healing, but I have no problems lying in my sides or sleeping on my sides no pain, just a little tenderness & a protective awareness that though I feel fine I'm only 4 weeks out of major reconstruction. Bearing in mind in takes 6 - 7 days to heal a superficial cut.

When I travelled from phuket to Bangkok that day was a bit daunting & I had to carry & collect luggage. Only a little but still it was scary. I also had to pull the curtains using a very stiff old fashioned pulley system & I could feel my pec muscles fire. It didn't hurt but I didn't like it & it worried me I might have done damage to the freshly knitting together fibres, but the next day there wasn't any increase in pain or any significant difference that would cause alarm.

Also I forgot to post about my final consultation because I was a bit worried that right implant still seemed to be pulled my the pec muscle. I asked the super helpful lotus medical guy to arrange another appointment (he was great) & when my nurse & surgeon saw my boobs they were SO impressed it was a look that they both gave my breasts individually that was priceless to me & I also agree I think they look fantastic. The Dr reassured me that all boobs move a little under the influence of the pectoral muscle & it was nothing to worry about. I was happy I went in & asked & he examined me again to check for fluid collection & he was really thorough, pleased & pleasant, all in all a fabulous outcome.

I also read on real self that because of the previous surgeries & the dual plane positioning that this movement is sometimes just how it is! And I can live with that. It definitely seems to be getting better as the muscle heals. This time I can live with not quite perfect because they look great, I am healthy & I can wear beautiful clothes again.

One of the most fabulous days was spent trying on clothes something that I simply had to give up on because so few dresses & tops looked good. I dressed carefully & live by the beach so it was easier to hide my lack of fashion but I knew & it killed me. My self esteem was so low. I was embarrassed of myself & would cry off going out feeling I looked scruffy & overweight!

Not anymore

3 months later

14 months since op

Scars fading. Love my boobs now
Dr Sanguan

Hi pikie76 how are you liking your new size?
Thank you for sharing your experience and results. I'm having surgery soon and downsizing with a lift. I can only hope for a result as beautiful as yours!
Go for it! Best decision EVER. I love my results. I can wear fashion again & feel good about my body ❤
wow can't believe you braved it a 3 rd time. result is great. im not looking for breast job, but read your story as im also living in bali. and considering an eyelift here or do i travel? i like the doctor i met here. but cant find reviews of him? did you see any doctors here? know anyone who saw Dr Surya?
Hi thanks for your comment. I am very unsure about Bali as a good place for cosmetic surgery. The problem is the lack of experience as far as I can tell the price is very high & the experience low. Eye surgery is very difficult & looking on here when considering the procedure myself so many women were unhappy with the results. I would want to see a lot of before & after photos of his surgeries before even considering undergoing treatment. Personally I am thinking of trying the PRP route. I'd be happy to meet up if you'd like to talk more. I intend to try more non surgical cosmetic treatments here in bali & I love talking about this subject.
hi Pixie, thanks id love to meet and talk . i live pererenan, canggu way, where are you? i meet the sugeon again on thursday. have seen a lot of photos and chatted to some happy customers, who are encouraging me, but the real self doctors didnt like what he said.

pixie. my number is  ***. i am seeing Dr Riasa 7 pm tonight.

I am planning to go to the Phuket International Hospital in 2014, do you highly suggest I go? I am very excited and nervous at the same time! I await your response! Thanks
Hi I found the doctor incredible & his skill beyond reproach. The hospital is good but not fabulous. Little things. On the day of surgery the staff couldn't make the card machines work. They charged my card 3 times & then said it hadn't worked! I had to ring my credit card myself to ascertain this not the experience I wanted before surgery. I was also charged a fee which I still don't understand. It was VERY expensive & the nurses were a bit off but I was alone & that makes a difference. As I say the surgery was great. I will give you a full report if you want me to please PM me.
Wow! You look really good;
Thank you. It's great to get your support. Such a great feeling. I have read your story & WOW! Thank goodness we both finally love our boobs. What a journey to go on. You look fantastic ❤
Thank you!

Oh my goodness! How much can one take?! I'm sorry for this final fiasco...like you need any more stress. Maybe when your feeling better, you can have one last written word of clarification with them. It doesn't sound right to me either. On another note, you look fabulous! Your new breasts are so much more proportionate compared to your before photos of your breasts. Keep us posted!

Hi pixie! You look brilliant! I also wished I had left my boobs alone, but the lure of the perfect chest was just too much! I did explant mine, and I am loving the smaller size, too! Clothing already looks more flattering and I can't wait for little bikini tops! Happy healing!
Thank you nervousgirlie I think I also would have been fine fully explanted but I wasn't brave enough to go,for it without PS approval & they look great so I'm happy. It's so,sad we had to go through so much to know we looked great to begin with! Hope you're fully fluffed and getting better everyday x
Yes, I agree, I think you would have looked great all natural, but you look really fantastic now! If you ever do decide to explant, 175cc will only be a small step down and much scarier than removing 410cc. :-) Your breasts look very natural now, a lovely teardrop shape. I am glad you are so happy! I had 'low swingers' (350cc saline), too! lol. I didn't get a lift and have some droop, but I am pleased with them! I don't know how much 'fluffing' occurs, it's more like shrinking! lol. Looking forward to your updates, it's nice to see how the scars heal and disappear over time. x
And it's nice to see your butterfly made it through intact! ;-) xx
Ha ha thank you that's such a cute thing to say. I don't love my butterfly but I think it looks better now in the new position & very clever to keep it intact whilst managing to perform a mini reduction on that boob as well as a full lift. Amazing. Yes now with hindsight I could have easily explanted but I'm a bit of a worrier so if I had been unfortunate & had to wait a full year for normal breasts after the fluff fairy had worked her magic I don't know if I would have been miserable. All things considered it was the right decision for me. So nice to get your comments ❤
I am really looking forward to see your scars ... :) .Hope those are great too ... C
That's a lot to deal with. I'm happy your happy w/ UR current results. Good luck!
Thank you for your support. The realself community has saved my sanity so many times during the past 2 years ❤

Thank you Pixie76 for sharing your journey on RealSelf. You have been through a lot and I'm happy to hear that you are feeling good both physically and mentally. Your experience in invaluable to many women; your openess and honesty will help many other women. Happy healing and be sure to update us soon!

Thank you, that's really kind, it's the least I could do. Realself is just a wonderful community & you girls have helped me so much ❤
It's great your happy with your results!
i am more and more thinking that the skills of the plastic surgeon do make the 90% of the good results . Thing is .. we search and search and think we found the right one but sometimes it turns out not to be it. I am happy you seem to have finally resolved your troubles :o) C