41Yr Old Mum to 3 - Had Tummy Tuck and Breast Augmentation in Thailand

Obviously I was apprehensive. I was travelling...

Obviously I was apprehensive. I was travelling overseas to have major surgery! I booked my procedure with Suellen from Destination Beauty who rang me, sent me many emails explaining the procedures and answering my myriad of questions. I booked my tummy tuck, breast lift and augmentation and travelled 3 months later for the procedure. I travelled with my husband, left home (Australia) at 6am and arrived in Bangkok after midnight! We were very tired. I was up and in the lobby by 7am to travel to Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital for my first consult with Dr Pichit Siriwan. Our driver was fantastic. The nursing staff did some pre-consult checks and spoke reasonably good English. Dr Pichit was thorough, helpful and friendly and answered all my questions and put my mind at ease. He suggested that I wouldn't need a breast lift with a reasonable sized implant. I thought the first implant size he gave me were too big. And opted for 400cc implants. (I'm 5"7 and weigh 61kgs) Not having the breast lift, meant that I didn't need any incisions on my breasts. The implants were inserted through the cut in my stomach, and pushed up into place. In retrospect - I'm SO SO glad that I don't have any incisions / sutures / scars on my breasts. The tummy tuck is a huge procedure. And although I'm happy I had it done... it has a much longer recovery time (than breast augmentation alone). The hospital is pristinely clean. Staff very professional and efficient (although not fantastic English - I always knew what they wanted etc.) The food was good, but I didn't have any appetite at all after my procedure, so didn't eat very much. Dr Pitchit said this was common due to sewing stomach muscles together during procedure.

There was plenty of pain relief on offer, although I didn't need it all the time. I can honestly say, I never felt "in pain" - I was very sore, but no sharp agonizing pain. The antibiotics did give me thrush and all the other medication constipated me - so if you're considering the procedure, I recommend taking some kind of laxatives with you, to assist you. (I did - and I'm glad I did - as I didn't have to try to explain this to nursing staff etc!) The hospital was SO good. I'm very glad my husband came with me, as I would have really struggled back at the hotel on my own. (The tummy op, really restricts your movement - laying down / walking around etc, and I had two drains - that drain fluid/blood from wound etc - that I had to carry around for 10 days). I slept on the couch as it was easier and more comfortable. We stayed at Somerset Park SuanPlu which is popular with surgery patience so staff were very understanding. So... am I happy? Yes (although early days - I only had surgery 3 weeks ago) so still a bit slow and sore, but am amazed at how quickly I'm healing. VERY happy I had the procedure in Thailand - I was removed from my everyday life (when I got home, was straight back into making dinner, bathing children etc!) Destination Beauty were fantastic. Made it very easy. They are very professional and efficient. Samitivej Sukhumvit hospital was spectacular and probably better than a Private Hospital at home!! If I did it again, I would stay a bit longer, so I could rest a bit more. We stayed 11 days, which was the minimum - I had my stitches and drains out the day before going home. I was fine - just couldn't rest as much once home. All up - very good experience. Highly recommend as it's much more cost effective with 5* service.

Dr Pichit Siriwan

Dr Pichit was excellent. Thorough. Professional. Good explanation. And good sense of humour! He always had a smile when he came to do his daily check up. I think he was very happy with his own work - he enthusiastically told me I had very flat stomach now and good wound!

Thank you for this as I am booked with this surgeon in dec and am wanting personal experience stories
Thank you for sharing your experience on RealSelf! I'm glad it went well for you.