I Got Zoomed - Texas

I got zoomed yesterday and I will say this.......

I got zoomed yesterday and I will say this.... There should be a class action law suit filed against these guys.

I went in for this treatment with the understanding I should have sensitive teeth for a couple days.... No big deal... LOL

I finished the procedure at 3pm.. with little discomfort, couple zinger but no big deal. By the time I got home I was ready for a couple advil as my teeth were hurting a bit. By 5pm I was in excruciating pain, I called my Dentist and left a message. He called me back and I said I was in quite a bit of pain and he said that it shouldn't be too bad some people react to this differently from others.

He the instructed me to take 4 advil. By 7pm I was nearly in tears from the throbbing in my mouth (upper lower...jaw) it didn't matter, it was the worst pain I had ever felt. I called my doctor back at 7pm... He really didn't understand the pain or intensity i was going through...tried to explain, end result another 4 advil.

At this point I was even considering going to the ER to see if they could give me something for the pain. I laid on the couch in utter pain for 6 hours when it finally started to subside. Today, not bad, not much sensitivity and real bright teeth...

Would I ever do this again...NOT IN A MILLION YEARS.

I had the zoom process done this morning. Had I known the possible side effects prior to the treatment I probably would not have done it. I was not informed of the entire procedure and was told my teeth may be "sensitive" as the bleach was being applied. May I add that I have a very high tolerance for pain. About halfway through the first 15 minute session I experienced a sharp zinger, which was followed by several others. I was left to my own devices for the 15 minute process. When the dentist came back, I asked if this was a normal feeling and she said yes. Yikes, and I have to do this for 3 more sessions? I bit the bullet and went through the next 2 sessions with the same zingers as well as my lips having a burning sensation. 3 minutes into the 4th and final session, somebody pulled the cord out of the power and I waited for 5 minutes for them to try and get the light to work again. I finally said I'm done and had them remove the mouth piece and bleach gel.It has now been about 8 hours and I am still feeling the zingers, not so often but the pain is quite excrucuating. I had to take a vicodan which helped, but the zingers are still there. My lips are a bit burned but that is bearable. My teeth are beautiful... would I do it again? Never. I'll stick to Crest whitening strips.

Eek, I can't believe you weren't warned about the zingers! I have pretty sensitive teeth when it comes to whitening products so I can't even imagine what those must feel like. Glad to hear your teeth look good though, at least it wasn't for nothing I suppose.

it was the worst pain of my life...after the zoom process.