Mini Ultimate Breast Lift

I am just one week post op from my mini breast...

I am just one week post op from my mini breast lift and could not be any happier. I am 54 years old. My breasts have been droopy since giving birth may years ago. I have waited 30 years to find a doctor who could do a lift with no vertical scarring. Here is my story.

My husband and I flew to Texas from Philadelphia last Thursday just to have Dr. Horndeski as my surgeon. I had my Ultimate Mini Breast Lift last Friday. I have been thinking about having this done for at least 20 years but did not want to have any scars. Every doctor that I spoke over the years with just told me that there was no way around it. Every so often, I would surf the net hoping that someone had come up with a new method. My thought was that if they can put a man on the moon, then surely they can lift up your breast without what I consider to be a disfiguring scar. :)

So, I flew to Houston on Feb. 7th. It was so easy. I booked a limo from the airport to Staybridge Suites Stafford using Limo.com ( 247 Lux Limo). The cost was $94 and included the tip. A taxi would have been about the same and this ride was so much nicer and relaxing! I met with Jana that afternoon, I had surgery Friday morning and flew back home Monday afternoon. It was a very, very positive experience from start to finish. My breasts are still a bit swollen but they absolutely look the way that they did at age 18. Very, very natural and soft. This is a dream come true for me.

I finally met him and his PA Elisa on Friday morning before the proceedure. They explained everything and took pictures and marked me up. They asked for my input as far as how much cleavage I wanted, etc. I told them that at my age, 54, I was going for a totally natural look. They got it!

By day two, I was feeling well enought to take the free shuttle and go shopping and out to dinner with my husband! Dr H and Eliza, his PA ( love her) came over to the hotel on Sunday to remove the cast mold and ace bandages for my post op check and were very happy with the results. There now are only steri-strips around each nipple and the incision looks great. Elisa provided a comfortable bra for me to wear home! ( you have to wear one 24/7 for the next 6 weeks). Monday, we flew home. Tuesday, I was back to work, with restrictions. Today is Wed. and I am feeling great! I am doing everything that I did before ( but no exercise for 5 weeks). I still take 1 pain pill at night before I go to bed. I have what I lovingly call "Mega-Boob" right now, still swollen and tight BUT I know in a few weeks I am going to be thrilled. The girls are finally up there where they should be! Yeah!!! This was a dream come true for me on so many levels. Can't wait to post some pictures of my befores and afters!

Hi All, Just posted some new pics from week 5. I...

Hi All, Just posted some new pics from week 5. I will be 7 weeks post op on Friday. Will take more shots at 8 weeks. As an update, I am no longer having any pain or discomfort at all. The pleating around the areola is getting better day by day. I consistantly put aquaphor around the incision area twice daily and that really helps.The breasts feel soft and very natural. I do wear a bra during the day only because that is what I personally feel comfortable with but attended a party in a strapless dress last week and felt great without one! The girls have dropped just slightly with the reduction in swelling but are still perky and up there. I am 100 percent satisfied with the outcome of my mini UBL and Dr. Horneski.

I am now 9 weeks or so UBL post op and doing...

I am now 9 weeks or so UBL post op and doing great! I really was blessed to have a basically uneventful recovery and healed quickly. I did have an issue with post surgical nerve discomfort on the lower side of each breast which basically just went away one day around weeks 5-6. This is common as it does take nerves to settle down after this type of surgery. I also have some mild pleating around the areolas ( which is also common) and is resolving week by week. I am told that is should be gone completely by 4 months. I keep aquaphor around the incisions every day and that really seems to help smooth things out. My breasts did drop a bit after all the swelling resolved. That being said, I did tell Dr. H that I did not want a lot of cleavage so, you get what you ask for, Ha! Other than maybe having the girls up higher by an inch along with a tad more upper pole fullness, I would not change a thing. I did not want an implant or any vertcal scars at all and I got what I wanted.

I am wearing empire waist tops/ dresses that I could have never worn before
as well as tank tops and shirts that require no bra. My body looks different- more slim and toned now that the boobs are where they should be. I feel younger due to this. My breasts are soft and natural to touch. I am wearing the same bra size as I wore pre-op so there has not been the expense of buying new bra's, clothes. I will say though that is is way more fun shopping for new clothes now that I feel better about the upper half of me.

Thanks to Dr. H for a job well done! :)
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Thanks to Real Self, I finally found him and he was worth the wait. Flew from Philadelphia to Sugarland last week and have the most positive experience I could imagine. Thank you Dr. Horndeski and your wonderful staff!!!! One day a few weeks ago, I got on the internet again and finally found what I was looking for, Dr.. Horndeski! We emailed back and forth and then had a face to face meeting via SKYPE. I was sold! No hesitation. Booked the surgery for Feb 8th. Dr. H's staff is wonderful. Jana is very caring and explains everything and answers any questions that you may have. She really put me as ease. What I liked about Dr. H is that he is passionate about what he does, is very methodical and takes much pride in his work and the proceedure that he has invented. He truly cares about his patients. As far as the surgery, I would never, ever consider having this done is a Ds. office with only one nurse present. Fort Bend Surgery center is fully accredited center and all anesthesiolgists are doctors, not nurse anesthesist. The staff is highly skilled and wonderful. I had Letticia pre-op and she was great. My 2 hour surgery went just fine and I woke up with no problems and feeling pretty good! The free hotel shuttle came and took my husband and I back to the Staybridge Suites. Staybridge Suites is just a couple minutes from the Dr's office and has a complimentary great warm breakfast every morning and happy hour most every evening. Each room has a kitchenette. Also free Wi-Fi so I could still work! They also have a comlimentary shuttle service that will take you to and from Dr. H's office , the surgery center, and local shops and restuarants. We booked a one bedroom suite and it was great! My husband slept in the bedroom and I LOVED to sleep in the living room as it has a sofa with a chaise lounger. I propped myself up with pillows and was so comfortable there. The pain is maybe a 5 out of 10. Mostly you just feel swollen and tight. I kept up with the pain meds regularly so that it would not get out of control. Having the kitchette there, stocked with water, soda and snacks was very convenient. I highly recommend Dr. H and his staff for any surgery you may consider although I have only had experience with the Mini Breast Lift. If I ever wanted anything else done, I would definately return to Dr. H.

Hi and congrats... I too am 54.. Wondering about what the cost was for your surgery. I would be traveling from the mid-west so I wanted to see if it was cost affordable for me. Thanks so much,
Mine was $9,000
Hi LivingDreams, Thanks alot for taking the time to share your experience with us , I too am considering UBL but also hoping I could get a reduction . I am very tiny for my 34D cups . For some reason it looks asif that ur breast size is actually smaller now, did u feel tat way too?
Hi Daisy, You are welcome. It has been a year and half now since my surgery and as far as size, it is hard to tell now as I have lost weight recently. I would say that I was a 36C or D before the surgery and about the same after once all the swelling had gone down. They do look smaller in the pics but I think it was just that they were not hanging down. :) I am still very happy with the results in general when compared to how the breasts were before. I do wish that I had more upper pole fullness though and a bit more lift. I am considering going back to Dr. H to have a little scar revision the end of the summer if I can get up the nerve to go under the knife again. Ha! I will post more pics today.
Hi there! Just wondering if you have started to have relatively normal feeling in your nipples yet? Thanks :)
I'm now 18 days post surgery and yes, feeling in my nipples has returned - with a vengeance. If I had nipple sensitivity of 6/10 before I'm now hitting 25. The nipple itself and aerole area is incredibly sensitive at the moment - but that's a good things as all the nerves are reconnecting. I do hope though that they settle down a bit. I'm also still a DD cup - so again, hoping thats just swelling and I haven't permanently gone up a cup size of two. But all in all, healing well and I just have to be patient
I am 3 months now and everything is back to normal as far as sensitivity. Things are progressing well. To be honest, I never even think about it anymore as it just seems like I have always been this way! :)
Thanks Living Dreams and Bella6302 :)
I'm now 10 days post op and I thought things were progressing nicely. However, the incissions around my nipples have started to bleed quite a bit. I had virtually no bleeding up until this point. Dr H says I should remove the tapes the day of my next appointment (which will be 14 days out) but I am a little nervous about this. But what I'm wondering is did your breasts start to feel like they were hardening at any point. Over the last few days I feel like the breast tissue is starting to harden almost like lumps are forming. I'm wondering if anyone else experienced this... Also you look amazing. I hope I'm as happy 9 weeks out. At the moment, I'm still not sure its been worth the money and pain to date..
I did not have any bleeding that I recall. The breasts are forming and shaping so perhaps that is the hardening that you are speaking of. Also, maybe swelling as my breasts were really swollen for several weeks. Good luck with your follow up appt and keep us posted as to your progress.
Looks great. Can't wait to see add'l pics. I am up in late May.
Best of luck to you in May! I probably will not post pics again until 6 months out. I think I have shown the world enough of my boobs for now! Ha! :)
You look great!!! My profile is over on the mommy makeover area because I got a TT and BL. I'm very pleased with my breasts ( TT too) I had large areolas that I hated and he made them small. I was a sagging DD now they are up where they should be. What kind of bras have u worn post op. I'm 8 days PO wearing a zip up sports bra. Any other choices?
Thanks for all of your updates, they are really helpful. I am 3 weeks post op and would say my breasts would have been very similar to your pics pre op. I also did not want implants, but wanted upper pole fullness. My doctor took some of the lower tissue and inverted it (in layman's terms) to give me some very natural upper pole fullness. I am wondering how much things will settle as well. I understand what you are talking about with the nerve pain or soreness . . . sort of a skin sensitivity maybe would be a description. That seems to be getting better. I have the lollipop incision, and I have to say, the scars even three weeks out are starting to blend in. I have been trying to massage with Vitamin E, olive oil, moroccan oil, vaseline . . . basically using a little bit of everything based on all of the different scar remedies. I was just reading on Aquaphor so will get some of that as well. My main goal was lift and separate and I am so pleased. I don't think I have ever in my life had the lift and separate I have now! It has been very fun trying on clothes. I would say I am ever so slightly smaller which I am happy about. Thanks again for all of your updates!
I am scheduled for a Mini UBL April 23rd. I hope my results are as good as yours. I just don't want side or vertical scars and hope this isn't too good to be true!
Just wanted to say thank you so much for your review. Your story really encouraged me and helped me make the decision to go with Dr. H. I am now one week post op from my mini ubl and can't believe how happy I am already!
You are very welcome! I am thrilled that you are so happy with your results! Looking foraward to watching your progress!!
To others out there . . . I actually got by with tylenol and advil alone post surgery. They gave me a pain pill in the recovery room and that was it. Definitely more youthful breasts . . . I am 55, have 3 adult children. Interesting to follow all of the updates.
Hi Living Dreams! Just wondering if you had some updated photos of the 2 month mark? Also, if you could help me by advising what bra you used post-op and was it the same size that you normally wear? I am scheduled with Dr. Horndeski in October - very excited!
Thank you for sharing your story.
All I can say is WOW!!! They look amazing, can't believe its only been 5 weeks in the photo!! I can't wait to get mine done!
I, too, would like to see updated progress. I have heard great things about Dr. H but also heard some negative. How are you doing at this point?
Things are going well. The discomfort that I was having just went away one day! It takes the nerves a little time to settle down sometimes, I am told. The pleating around the areola is resolving day by day and I am confident that in the months to come, this will resolve completely. I posted new pictures from week 5 today. I will be 7 weeks post op on Friday.
Hi there - the girls look fantastic!! I was wondering if you could post some updated pictures so we can see how things are progressing? I'm planning on going to Dr. Horndeski as well for a mini-UBL, he does amazing work from what I can see so far!! I'd love to see how things are looking now for you....there aren't a lot of before/afters on the mini-UBL on Real Self
Hi Living Dreams! Your results are very natural and lovely! Although your body in truth could be that of a 20 yr old! Sheesh! :D Did you lose any mass or size at all through the mini UBL? What size were you previously? And do tell, how do they feel now? Are they firm or soft? And how is nipple sensation? Please forgive all the questions and thanks for the posts and pics!!!