I'm a close to 40 yo mom of 2 (6,3). I have...

I'm a close to 40 yo mom of 2 (6,3). I have always had weight issues and have been fighting my entire life for a figure. I didn't much weight with either pregnancy, but I was left with diastasis rectii and C-section over hang. I finally decided that before 40, I finally want to have to body I always dreamed of. I weighed highest at 180 and lowest at 115. I'm 5'4" and weigh 125-130 presently. I have had BA in 2012 with great results, but I did have lipo to the abdomen in 2011 that turned out horribly. I can't wear a bikini because of the disfiguration. I'm hoping the TT will correct it (I'm not expecting miracles at this point) enough for me to wear a bikini again. I am so happy to have found this website and see so many beautiful, amazing women who empower me everyday. I wish and pray all of you the best that life has to offer! Photos to come later....:)
You go girl!!! Don't go crazy reading all the bad that can happen, it is like feeling sick and going to Web MD and putting in your symptoms, you will end up thinking you have an terminal illness. Anything bad can happen with anything and you mostly hear about the bad not the good. People always talk about a bad experience before a good one. Just do your homework on who is doing your procedure and read a lot on here about how to prepare for it and have a good support team. I am looking forward to watching your progress!!
Thank you so much for your support! I needed that! :)
I'm starting to have anxiety from reading all the bad possibilities from tummy tucks! Does everyone feel like this???

photos

beware....the bottom is disfigured and the lighting really doesn't show the deformities. There is a wishbone indentation in the center top portion of my abdomen where the doctor jammed in the cannula in only 2 places, hence leaving the wishbone mark. Hopefully, I will not need fat grafting the future to correct this, but it's a possibility that I can't wish away...
You're going to look so amazing! The first few days were a little tougher than I expected, but after day 9 I felt awesome. It's totally worth the, money, surgery and recovery time (and I'm still swollen). I can't wait till I see my final results!
I think you are going to have great results! You'll be amazed!!
Thank you, thank you!!! Your encouragement empowers me! :)

10 days to go!!!!

So, I read all my lovely August TT advice and I think I am ready to go...
1.gauze
2.blue absorbent pads
3.betadine wipes
4.silicone tape for later
5.dulcolax suppositories ( i hate drinking it) :0
6. bromelain, arnica tablets, arnice gel
7. pillows for arms. legs, feet
8.dry hair shampoo for day 2 when your hair is sticking to your scalp and feels like its melting onto you face..LOL
9.playing extra with kids
10. working extra hard so I don't feel guilty for taking time off.
So far I had a slumber party of 4 kids from 3-7 years of age and woke up this morning at 6:00am. My husband I cooked breakfast and I'm at work by 8am for a 13 hour shift.
I hope I'm ready....Did I miss anything?
Happy Monday all!
Woohoo, 6 days left! You are going to look amazing! The first couple of days are rough, but take your medication every 4 hours (get up in the night) and allow people to take care of you. Sleep as often as your body tells you too. I'm day 5 and I feel pretty good. You are going to do amazing :)
Hi there salliee. Just checking in on you. I was very anxious too . Just be kind to yourself and expect to have ups and downs. D37 has the best tips ever and most importantly take the stool softener right away. Don't wait until you need them. I will be honest my TT recovery was harder then some but I made it through with great results! I didn't take bromelain and turmeric with TT like I did this time with BA/BL and I think it makes a world of difference. I really watch salt intake use my vitamix daily. I stay on a anti inflammatory diet as much as possible. ( I do cheat sometimes) but I think staying away from processed foods will help keep the swelling down too. You will have a great result and be so happy! Take care
Thank you soooo much for all your advice. It helps to have someone who has been through this and I just need some assurance... :) hugs to you!

4 more days!

I thought I would be more anxious at this point, but now I'm more excited to see the new me! I can't wait to be happy about myself inside and out. Thank you my special TT friends for preparing, guiding, and just being there for me! I'm so grateful for all of you. Time to enjoy decaf.... :)
So, the fam and I went to Trader Joe's and they had a juice called Green Plant-green fruit juice blend. It's a horrible seaweed color, but it has great ingredients in it like apple, pineapple, chlorella, etc... I bought it for post-op but I thought I might be able to get my kids to drink it because they Never, EVER like to eat veggies...Needless to say, it was great! It didn't taste chalky, thick or have a bad after taste. Best of all, my kids loved it. I am definitely drinking this Post-Op! :)
I know you must be so excited!! I am excited for you!! You will have amazing results, just wonder where they are going to find anything in your flanks to get out of there you are so tiny, I cannot wait to see your results!!
Sunny, I was thinking the same thing!

D minus 2

So I have everything in order and I we to see the PS the last time before my surgery day. We went over scars, healing, who is going to help me...he suggested I stay bent over 90 degrees for 1 week, 45 degrees for about a week and by week 2 I can stand straight. He discussed how my bb would weird for a while and my privates would swell too. Lastly, he recommended I stay over night at the surgery center so that I would 24 hour care and he can visit me evening and follow up that morning. My hubby and I decided that would be best. I'll have compression on my legs to prevent clots and nurses watching me with extra IV pai meds if I need it sounds awesome. Plus, the cost was a few hundred dollars more. Anyway, I'm so excited and can't wait to share my results with you all!
Founds like it all went great!!! Super excited with you!!! Can't wait :)
Thank you!!! How is work treating you? Still dazzling with the heels?? Hope you are healing well. :)
Work was good today, not near as much swelling as yesterday. :). Yep- sporting heels still ! I'm healing well,,still have the hard knot where the area had swelled/discolored and he thought may be a start of a stitch abscess. I think it's ok though. All the other stuff is gone- just the knot remains. Thanks for asking. :) (((((hugs))))

It's On!!!

Alright this is the last pics of myself before TT....Praying for all my TT friends! Thank you friends for giving me the strength!
best of luck to you today !! see you soon!!
Good luck!
Good luck tomorrow! You will rock this! :)

Flat side!!!

Hi ladies! I'm up and on he flat side! Thank you for thinking and praying for me. I will post pics later!
Yay! So excited for you!
Ya!!! I knew today was your day, woke up with you on my mind. Hope you're doing well and heal quickly. (((((Hugs))))))
Congrats and welcome! Now you get to have the REAL fun ;) rest and take it easy@

Flat side

Hello my TT friends! I'm up and watching tv right now. It took almost all day for the anesthesia to wear off. I feel some burning on my abdomen, but otherwise good! Will post pics a couple of days. Thank you all soooo much for your support, advice and love!
Sallie omg had mine done too, so uncomfortable glad to hear you're doing good ;)
My lipo spots burn and the drains sting but making myself walk around has been the best thing!! I tired to take pics but my hubby didn't use flash. I'll try again in a few days. :) sleep well sista! :)

Po day1 and 2

So after the surgery, I stayed in the center for the night. The hospital bed was so uncomfortable and the sheets kept bunching against my back and my buttocks. I finally had a couple of nurses at 2:30am to fix the sheets and get me out of bed bc I was so uncomfortable. I went home Friday and my bed is much much more comfortable. I need 3 pillows against my back and 1 neck roll so I can sleep at a 60 degree angle. I walked around the house bent over and I must say that my back is killing me. I use my hands to my thighs for leverage, but a walker would have been helpful. Been taking bromelain and arnica and trying now to switch to Tylenol instead of norco every 4-5 hours. Here is 1 photo. I'm super swollen!!!
glad all is going well, you are gonna be sore for a while but you made it, it is over, you did it, and if you need those pain pills take them for a few days, you don't want to get hurting too bad, I have heard a walker is helpful and kind of wish I had one when I did mine, I did rent a hospital bed for a few weeks, electric, and it was wonderful !
Thanks so much for your advice!
It will get better every day!! Nice and thin and low scar you will have, okay did I just sound like Yoda or what? Hang in there and look how flat that skin is already!!

Pod3

I feel so much better today! Only took 1/2 norco today, put on contacts and too a picture. I'm very swollen, but no rolls when I sit down! I'm amazed at what the PS can do. I can't wait for the swelling to go down.
Looking great! Very excited for you.
Yeah!" Glad you feel better today!!
Thank you! I really am... Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day and drains will come out soon. :)

Drains out!

So I had the drains taken out today. I took pain meds an hour before the appt so I wouldn't be in too much pain. Anyway, the nurse pulled out the first one and it felt like someone ripped off a piece of my skin! It was sooo utterly painful that it brought tears down my face ( I usually don't cry from pain) the second drain was painless. I had a little gauze rolled up like a small ear plug put into my bb which is super cute! Then I was wrapped up into a sausage again. I FU again on Friday and he said in 2 weeks I can transition into spanx. Happy Monday my TT friends!!!
Yay to no drains!
Awesome! You're free! Isn't it great? :) Have a happy day!
sounds like you are doing great, I was scared to get drains out also, and ended up not having any pain from it at all, I think sometimes pain is from your skin trying to heal around it, but I just felt a small pinch thought it was going to be horrible, after you get those drains out it seems like you feel better and more normal, best of luck

Shower

So I was cleared to shower and I forgot to mention that when my drains were removed, I had a red blistered spot where the drain tube was lying flat on my skin. It's such a bad blister that I am putting mupirocin on it 2 times a day. I'm already on keflex (my doctor put me on it for prophylactic). Hopefully it doesn't get bigger!! Anyway, it was nice to wash my own hair and body and finally see my full body. I'm in a little shock as the incision seems so long to me. I'll post pics when I feel better. Happy healing to my TT sisters. I do love you all. (Muah!!!)
I have two blisters like that, 1 of mine is from the steri strips and 1 from the binder. It could be a reaction to the rubber, or just the foreign body on...well, your body. It should heal up well. Unfortunately for me I still have steri strips so mine isn't healing, it's not getting worse, but I will likely scar from it as well.
I know..the last thing we want is another scar right??? Hope all is well :)
Just curious ...I see your drains were removed already ( lucky you) I see my doc tomorrow and am praying for the drains to go! How much drainage output did you have cuz mine is still like 60 / 50 per day seems like a lot to me. Did you have to track it. I do

Pod6

So last night I had a terrible time getting myself to bed. I couldn't get comfortable! My butt feels like a flat pancake and there is no more cushion left. Thankfully, my hubby got me a situated and I was able to get a little bit of rest. I took a shower this morning (seated of course). The gauze that was put it my bb fell out so I made a new one with sterile gauze. My PS actually recommended an ear plug later so it doesn't turn into an outie. I am severely flexed in this photo so I look like a blob, but the bb is teeny and the abs look smooth! Hopefully, the flanks will thin out a bit more when the swelling goes down...happy hump day ladies!!!
You look great sallie. Hope you r feeling better.
I seem where you dropped me a note but never could locate it to reply :) go figure! Lol. Thank you and I will. Awe, you're so sweet little sis ;) ((((hugs))) to you. Ttyl
Girl, so glad you're doing good! You look fabulous! (((((Hugs)))) my sweet friend! Rest and heal quickly :)

Pod8

Feeling better. Still very swollen but sleeping well and not on any pain meds except before bed so I can relax. Happy Friday everyone!
Looking good, happy healing... My butt was flat too. Strange how that happens. It's 4 weeks and my butt popping back out. No more granny booty!!!!
Thank you mamaq! You look awesome too!!
Look at you all flat and sassy :) looking fabulous!! Rest well so you can be ready for the week! You'll be in my thoughts (((Hugs)))))

Pod10 and back to work!

So, I went to work today. I only worked a short 6 hour shift, but I'm still in pain. I didn't take anything until I came home and I'm starting to stand up straight. I have a slight tilt because my abdominal muscles are so tight!
I wore spanx and the crotch has no hole. It was so hard to use the restroom and I would gladly take any recommendations on how I can improve this.
I'm not happy with my scar right now. It's a little high on the sides and the front could also be a little lower. My waist is thicker than before, but I'm sure it's due to swelling. Thankfully, my deformities are all gone! For all my TT friends out there, does the waist get a little smaller and does the scar move down a little after the swelling goes down?? Thank you always for your help and support.
salliliee, I think you are expecting too much too soon....your body doesn't know what the heck is going on. Give it time. (You and I were on the same day). You are going to look beautiful my friend!
Wow, I just posted I had span panties and cut crotch out due to discomfort. Did your ps recommend any garments. I can imagine how exhausted you must be but remember to listen to your body when it says rest. And, I've read so many journeys and people have said they continue to change for almost a complete year. My PS told me that last visit especially with lipo. I hope you rest and have a better stronger tommorow. ;) x

POD11

Feeling a little better. My underwear almost covers the sides....Happy labor day everyone!
Skinny skinny skinny!! Wow, wow, wow!! You look amazing, those abs were just hiding under there waiting to come out!!! Welcome to the world abs!!!
Awwwww your so sweet!! I'm far from that and I have 10 pounds to lose before I reach my goal. But the line down the middle does help!!! Hugs to you!!!
Girl, look at your defined abds!!!! You're looking wonderful!! ((((Hugs))))

13 days PO

So, I'm still not too happy with my scar. I have a follow up on Friday. I still have a Ton of swelling on the front and I can see a little bit of a waist! Hooray!! The bb looks great and I'm still taking bromelain, arnica, biotin, Multivitamin and fish oil. Haven't started scar therapy yet because my PS hasn't cleared me. I'm back at work and so far so good! I'm still really tight in the front and can't stand completely straight! Wow. Here's a side by side photo. Happy healing to all my wonderful TT friends!!
Wow!! You are looking fabulous girl!!! Check out that defined abd, seriously :) ya you!!
Sweet Dee! You know, I weigh 129lbs and would like to get down to 115. I plan to seriously diet after I have clearance to exercise. Until then, I'm gonna work, eat, relax, and heal! I hope all is well with you. You are such a beautiful person inside and out!! Hugs!!!!
Look at you!!! Oh my goodness you look fantastic!! I wish I had a picture of my TT scar at 2 weeks!! So mean and scary!!! Now you can barely see it!!! You will be so happy with your results!! Hang in there... You are doing great!!! You should rename yourself six-pack girl!!

Scar pic

You look fabulous!
Thanks Dijon!!!
Rage..... I can't see the pic????

2 weeks!!

I'm not taking any pain meds just occasional muscle relaxer after work. I'm still on all my vitamins and I have slowly massaged in the shower all the swollen and bumpy spots. My bb is healing very well and the only thing is I wished I had more of a waist!! I still look very straight and boyish. It would be great to have some hips! Dee can I have some of yours??? Lol...happy healing my strong beautiful TT friends!!

I need a better stage 2 garment. Help!

I need a stage 2 garment with no underwear and only covers the abdomen. Any suggestions??
Hey there, little lady that is only 14 days post op, yeah you, you gonna get that waist girl, once you get out of that swell mess, bet in a month you are going to have a tiny little waist ;-)
You are my sunny side :)...I hope I look as good as you!! Thanks bunches!!
You will look better!!

3 weeks!

So, I feel like I am more swollen now than I was at 2 weeks. I'm working full time and maybe this heat is making me swell. I'm going to stay on all my vitamins for 2 or 3 months ( you can see my previous post for a list). I see my PS tomorrow and he is going to do a scar laser treatment. I am still struggling to find a good stage2. Marena high waist brief was too loose in the gut and too tight in the rib cage, and the hook eye closure dug into my privates so badly that I couldn't sit still. The flexees torsettes are nice, but the wide bra straps dig into my shoulders. The spanx power brief has no crotch opening and therefore, I cut the brief and wear my own brief over and that seems to work pretty well. I ordered a couple of pull on waist cinchers and I'll let you know if that works.
You can see the sides of my stitches kind of curve up, but hopefully it will fade or, I'll be getting a revision. I am still so swollen that I can't fit into my jeans...Thank goodness for scrubs!
Thank you to all my TT sisters for all your support and advice so far and continue this journey with me!
You look great
Thank you!!! So do you!!
I am using a Isavella really like it! You look amazing girl! (((((Hugs))) http://m.makemeheal.com/mmh/product.do?id=93840

Laser treatment for scars

So I went to my 3 week check up. I had some sutures along my bb, lower abdomen and either side that was removed along with sutures on both sides. The left suture was soooo super sensitive and ticklish that I almost face punched the nurse! Lol! After that, I got laser treatment along the scar. It felt like really hard rubber band snaps all the way across....little discomfort compared to what we have been through so far. My scar looks sunburned and feels that way too. I'll try to post pics later. My next follow up is in 3 weeks and I will have one more scar treatment. Happy healing to all my wonderful TT sisters!

Laser treatment pics

Here's a comparison of before and after treatment. You can see a halo around my bb.
Wow. I thought you had to wait six months for the scar to settle? I can't wait to follow your results!
I'm doing laser genesis on mine Friday. I love genesis and it just feels like warm sunshine sprinkles :)
Does it works? How much? I'm going to ask my surgeon about this.

The weekend

So, it's been 3.4 weeks and I have had a serious weekend of gambling, drinking(not heavy) and concert walking. I went drinking tonight because I have a friend from out of the country.... Needless to say, I have been functioning fine. Swelling is not good, and I still have a to of swelling in my bb. Will post pics later... Happy week all!!!
Awe, your weekend sounds fabulous!!! So glad you got to hang out with friends. Such a treat! :). Have a great week my sweet friend! :)
It reduces redness/uneven skin tones, rebuilds collagen, brighten and a little firming. I got every couple months for it. It does work on scars- it lightens the color, reduces the red/pink/purple hues and flattens some. She will do mine when she does my face.

3 weeks and 5 days!

Here's some pics. You can silicone strip over the scar. It's thin but little dark. I'm sure I'll need another laser treatment. Do I see a waist???
Wow!! Girl, you are smoking!!! I know you are loving it!! Umm, ya... There's a waist- nice!!! :) (((((hugs)))) to my sweet fabulous friend!
Girl you look soooo gooood!! I cannot believe you are only 23 days out, I looked like a hot mess then. I got a laser treatment, it was included in my package, this past weekend. Hurt like a mother, was like the one I got on my tattoo years ago but my gosh you were right, great results so far, I cannot wait to see it in a couple days.
Thx my Sunny friend!! :)

4 weeks!!

The time just flies!!! 4 weeks already! I feel so much better and not taking anything except vitamins these days. I still wear binder at night and sometimes during the day too. Thank you to all my TT sisters for your support and inspirations! Happy healing everyone!
Umm.. Excuse me. Did I hear you say your shaped like a boy? NOT!!! You have great figure and a sexy six pack even with the swelling.
Thank you so much!! I can't wait until I can start excercising again!!
you do really have a nice shape to you, glad you are healing well

shapewear and sneezing

So, I got Leonisa maximum waist compression waist cincher. It holds me in very well. I am 5'4" and 128 and got a medium. It's a little big around the bra line, but fits well on the tummy and lower abdomen where I need it the most. I wear a slimming tank from maidenform for extra control and I can work a full 8-13 hour shift without abdominal tightness. On a side note, my allergies are acting up and I am sneezing over a dozen times a day. Thank goodness I am over 4 weeks out! I still feel a little burning, but holding your abs when you sneeze certainly helps! Also, make sure you get your flu shots....It's coming! Happy healing all my TT sisters! My measurements in case anyone is curious is
bra: 36
waist: 29
hips: 36.5
I hope my waist goes down to 27....That would be awesome!!!!!!

Leonisa waist cincher

You look great!
Omg your waist is so nice and small! So glad you found a garment that works. I have no hips and its so hard to find girl clothes that fit the hips and waist. Hopefully that'll be better after the TT.
We have the same exact measurements, lol, my waist was 29, just hit 27 this weekend, swelling is mostly gone, so since we are like exactly the same I will say give it a couple months and you will be at 27 to.

Compression garment find!

So, I'm about 5 weeks and 2 days. I can sleep on my back, sometimes on my side and a little bending and twisting. My stomach is still tight, but definitely better! I finally found a few garments to help me during the day. I bought these 2 from Sears.com and it didn't come with measurements so I'm putting up photos of sizes. They were very low cost 17 and 20 dollars, and it holds better than spanx! I wear the waist cincher with a tummy control cami and it feels great! The corset digs a little under the bust because it's too long for me, but this also doesn't feel too bad. Overall, I recommend this one because it's similar to leonisa waist cincher and cheaper!
I've been using some creams with silicone in it recently and my scar is smooth with hardly any keloid! It's still dark though. I will post some photos if before and after laser when I go in next Friday. Happy healing everyone!!

Cg photos

My doctor gave me some free laser treatments! Do you think it is worth it? Did you notice a big difference?
I did notice that my scars are thin. You should definitely take advantage of free care... :)
You mean the scar got thinner? Did it take any of the red out? How many did they say to do?

keto-cote spray groupon deal

I saw a groupon deal for keto-cote silicone based scar spray that is waterproof. I haven't tried it, but for 13.99 why not? Happy healing my TT friends!!!

oops I meant kelo-cote, not keto-cote.

sorry about the typo
Thanks for the garment update. I'll have to keep that in mind when it's my turn. You are looking fabulous!!
Let me know how the Keto-cote does. I'm still using silinpcone strips at hpnight, bio oil and coco butter during the day. And massaging my incisions to break up any adhesions that may try to form. My tummy is really soft though (I was surprised, thought it would be firm after all the reconstruction) a couple place at the incision I feel a few adhesions. What about you?
I just started to notice softening of the abdomen recently. The lower middle abdomen is still rock hard. I am still very swollen along the middle center. My waist still seems kind of thick to me but I just need to be patient. The silicone tape and silicone creams seem to be working well. My scars get very dark before lightening, but I can see the scars lighten up. I can't wait to get back to yoga!!

6 weeks!

Nothing much has changed. I am going to start working out next week and start hard core dieting at 8 weeks. I will post some photos of laser after my treatment tomorrow. Happy healing all my TT friends!!!!

skinnys

These are my skinny jeans that fit me well along the hip but I had serious muffin top....I think muffin top is gone?! woohooo!!! It's still very tight along the hip which tells me that Im still swollen. I cant wait to see my final results!
Fabulous on your little skinnies! Yes, I defiantly think the muffin is gone! You look wonderful my friend! ;)
Looking good girl!!
As are you hot momma!! :)

6 weeks and Fraxel laser

So I went to my PS today. This is the 6 week mark and I am 126lbs. My waist is still 29 and my hips are 35. I'm hoping my waist will get a little smaller. So I had laser done again and the PS said that he saw some thickening along the scar and injected it with kenalog to reduce the thickening. He released me to do any and all work outs and I do not have to wear a cg anymore!!! I will prob wear a cg for another 2 weeks as the swelling is intense when I don't wear the cg. I also bought some spanx leggings. Some reviews said that it's see thru in the butt, but if you wear black undies and wear a shirt that covers the bum then you shouldn't have a problem. They feel great and just a little compression in the abdominal area. Thanks for letting me continue to share my story and can't wait to begin my post op exercising!!!
Salliee! You are tiny!! I went back and looked at all your pics and your tummy is fabulous! :)
Thank you!!! I needed to hear dome nice words because I feel like Im at a standstill right now. My waist seems too thick and even my hips are so swollen that those skinnies I tried on are tight and kind of painful. I want to start working out, but work has me going!!! I hope the scars fade soon! :)
You look great! I'm so jealous that your waist is so small! Mines still ~33..

got the hair did...:)

So, I have a slight wave in my hair and I wanted it straight for the winter. It took 3 hours and 2 washes to get it super duper straight!!! I had a keratin treatment and magic straight, 3 HOURS! I put this on realself because if you have had your hair washed you know you have to lie back and then get up again. I did 2 serious sit ups and although it hurt, I was pleasantly surprised! Healing has commenced!! :)

Super straight :)

Pic!
Looking great!!!
Hey girl, so glad to look at your profile and pics, we have similar body styles and I love all your advice and posts, I am ordering some of your suggestions , I am 3 weeks 2days po, I want the swelling to stop and I can see you are getting a waist , soooo fun !
I really like the tummy slimming tank top and underneath wearing a tummy controlling band. That is the most comfortable for me and kept me compressed with out feeling like a sausage! :) So far, I dont notice much difference with scar creams, but it takes a long time to take effect so I will keep on going!

morning skinny

Feeling great. I'm not as motivated as my wonderful TT sisters and I have not been working out! My kids and my crazy work schedule keep me going all day long. I will start yoga soon (probably after 8 weeks) and I have been walking a lot! My diet is still more protein and less carbs, but I don't deny my self anything because I think our bodies are still healing. So until I can start exercising fully, I am not dieting. Happy healing to all my TT sisters who inspire me to keep going!!!
You are looking fabulous!  Yay for the flat side!  I'm with you.  I've been just coasting along.  Wed. will be 4 wks for me.  I know I need to start working out soon but have been told not to rush it.  So, not much dieting go on here either.
Girl you are working it!!
Thank you everyone!! Now I need to get motivated to work out and put some muscle into this ab!

8 weeks and 4 days.

So not much change here. My weight ranges from 126-128. I am walking a lot and plan to start aerobics tomorrow. My belly button still looks plastered on but the PS says to wait until 3-6 months. I still have some swelling but mostly at night. I'm using silicone based creams during the day for my scar and a silicone sheet at night( thanks for the tip D37!). Scars are still dark, but pretty thin. Hopefully it will fade. I will post pics later from the spots that got laser once and the spot that got laser 2 times. Happy healing all my lovely TT ladies!!
Beautiful girl!!!!!
Thank you!!
I can't hardly believe it's been 8 weeks btw !

Don't know why this photo is so grainy. The center if my scar also has my old bb scar so that's why it looks kinda funny. Scar is dark but flat and thin.
You look great. Do you feel your scar moved down a bit as it healed? I'm 4 days post op and my scar is slightly high in the middle. My ps said it would lower as I start to straighten up but I'm not sure. I really hope it does.
First, congrats on making it to the flat side!!! Yes my scar seemed really high! And when you first put on underwear and bikini bottoms, don't get discouraged! The swelling makes a huge difference! I am almost 10 weeks and I still swell :(. My waist is huge by the end of the day....but overall I would not change a thing and would do it over if I had to! Scar does seem to lower bc of decreased swelling also. I still hope it drops a little more. :)
You look awesome and those undies are a trip!! LOL

10 weeks!!

So, my waist hasn't gotten any smaller. I still have pain on my lipo sides. I still have swelling along the front center from the bb down, but overall I feel great and can do pretty much everything. I am still very careful with my abdomen and I use a concoction of scar creams to make it more thin and invisible. I sometimes feel tightening at the center of the abdomen too. I hope for a little more tightening of the waist as time progresses.....Happy Halloween all my TT sisters and thankyou for letting me share my story! :)
You look great! What all have you been using on your scars? I am just taping with mepaform but I don't find it's lightening the scars at all, they are flat and soft but still super red.
I use a ton of stuff! I have a Pharmacist friend who makes compounds....I use invicible mixed with hydroquinone 4%, mainly. Those are easy to find. I also have a great silicone gel called pracasil. I use silicone scar sheets at night or every other day. I get so tired of doing anything...some days, I just want to vege out and not think about my TT scar. Hope this helps!! :)
You look so pretty an flat an look at those boobs!!! Awesome results an perfect!!!!

Out on the town... :)

I never wore dresses and skirts and now I love it! Happy days my TT sisters!

Oops photo!

I'm with you on the waist. Not happy there. My doc did not do lipo..
I did have lipo on flanks, but not on the waist. My PS says to wait 6 months and we will see if we need a revision or touch up. I was relieved to see that he also thinks I am a bit straight. My hips are small almost 36" so I need a smaller waist to make an hourglass illusion. :) Good luck to you!
You look great!

12 Weeks!

So, I went to my PS Friday, he thinks I am doing great. He does say my scar is dark, but to give it more time. He wants me to continue scar sheet and continue silisone ear plug into the bb. My waist measures from 27.5 to 29 depending on swelling days. I only swell a ton when I eat too much carb....story of my life...:) I can wear size 6 in dresses and I love that I don't have a serious pooch belly!!!
My PS wants to see me in 6 more weeks at which point, I will have a teeny dog ear removed, and possible extra lipo along the waist. Hopefully I won't need it, but I sure did pay a lot of money and I want to be 100% satisfied with my results! So happy for all my TT sisters that look and feel great!
You look beautiful and I have so much respect for you and all the other women who do this with young children...That is amazing in itself! Thankyou for sharing all your ups and downs. You sound like a really positive person and I can't wait to be at the stage you are now. I learned alot from reading your review, thankyou so much. x
Wow you're at 12 weeks!! I can't wait until I am at that point already. You look so good, girl!!!
Thank u!!

Funny of the day...

Sunnyside, I need to create your avitar... :)
You look so great!
You look so great!
thank you!

13 weeks

So nothing has changed really from 12 weeks. Swelling is definitely minimized and activity level is completely normal. Abdominal muscles are still weak, but I can do a sit up if I really try. I exercise 2-3 times a week mostly cardio and hot yoga (I skip most of the abdominal exercises). I am still not too happy about my waist size because it doesn't match my small hip size. My waist after a long day swells to 28-29 and in the morning, it's a 27.5. My hips are 35.5 so I look very straight. I noticed my left side waist does not go in like my right side. I will bring this up at my next PS visit. I use silicone ear plug in the bb and I put silicone tape over it because I'm working really hard to fade the scars.
Overall, I'm very pleased with the results and will keep posting my progress :)

Not so bad in the mornings

Good morning all my lovely TT sisters! So here's a few pics of my bb close up and my straight tummy. Side shots shows that I am flat :).
What do you ladies think? My waist could be a little smaller right?? Thank you for all the thank you's and comments! Happy Monday!
You look Great! I think my sides are uneven as well but mine were b4 surgery. So ill see when the swelling is all the way gone I guess.
Hot hot hot!!! :-)

14 weeks

So I will not be able to post tomorrow since it will be a food fest and posting a photo might be very scary! Still doing well and enjoying the cold weather. I hope everyone is healing well, taking their vitamins, and using their scar creams! Happy gobble day my TT sisters!!
Thanks for continuing to post your long term pics and reviews, I love reading them. It gives me hope for my long term recovery seeing you look to lovely and flat and how fine and even your scar is. My sides are uneven because the side of my garment with the zip buckles into an odd shape and they're still full of fluid so it moves into that shape, hopefully when I don't have to wear it they will both be curved the way they used to.
lookin good, happy gobble day to you also

Thankful

Before the festivities begin, I would like to thank all my TT sisters for the comments, thank you's and more importantly all your support through this!!!! I am so thankful today for all of you! Happy gobble day!
I think you look great! Your waist is similar to mine, more athletic looking than curvy.
You look fantastic, are you still experiencing swelling? You are only a bit further along than me... and do you feel laser treatment on the scar working?
Happy Thanksgiving!!! You look awesome.

Thongs

I posted a photo above with me in a thing. Seriously, when was the last time I wore a thong?! It was comfortable when I took a few steps and then when I took a few more, the material went straight into my crack and then some....I then remembered why I hated thongs soooo much!!! Anyway, it's nice to wear for a night out but not all day wear unless you are used to it. I am stil obsessing about my waist size and will let all of you know how that goes at my next appointment. Take Care my TT sistas!!! :)
I dont understand the thong either. I always worried about chaffing and chasing outta my crack. You look good!
I never have understood the thong. I end up picking it out if my butt all night and trying to squeeze my checks so it does not go back in and that ends up being my night. Lol!!
But I bet your booty looks nice and tight!!! LOL!!

swell hell at 15 weeks

So, I didn't even eat very much today because I worked a 13 hour shift and total 14 with the drive to and from. Needless to say, my stomach didn't feel like the pilsbury dough boy, it felt like a really hard dry bread. Swollen and hard....So frustrating because every day, we are trying to see results but then we get a minor set back. Just wanted to let my TT sisters know that almost 4 months and I still swell.... :( On a lighter note, I have to drink Go Lightly for a colonoscopy this week. Whoever named this drink should drink it for the rest of their lives.......XOXO! :)
Thanks for keeping us updated! Its nice to hear and see what to expect!
omg, I just had colonoscopy yesterday, day before was not fun and there is no "go lightly" to it, best wishes on your test !
I know right? Thanks! I hope everything is good too!

4 months!

So nothing much has changed here. My waist still stays at 27.5-28. My weight is still 127, but I haven't really been exercising. Just on and off hot yoga. I still wear garments during the day to cinch the waist like leonisa or slimming tank. I have a few yummie tummie underwear that's pretty nice. The tanks are just stretchy. The jeans, however, are awesome. Fits well and keeps you in. The leggings are nice too, but overpriced. Spanx leggings are just as nice! I have a follow up in 2 weeks and I'm going to discuss smaller waist and teeny dog ears. I stil swell at the end of the day. I hope this swelling goes away someday! Cheers all my TT sistas!!!
Salliee you look fabulous!!! Been so busy I haven't been on as much as I had been. Missing you !
Girl you look really good!!! I do not know how you could get a smaller waist. You are a tiny little dancer already!!
Geez you're looking great. You have that lovely toned abs line down the middle, I soo hope I get one of those.

Friday nights...maybe any night

So my TT friends tell me!!!! How often do you guys hit it??? Honestly with work and kids it's awesome if we get 3 a week. What is the norm? Do I have a problem if I don't want it more than 2-3 times?? I'm worried bc some ppl post 3-4 times a week...please like and share!!! :)
Who is your PS?
When I had young children that was really normal for me too. I don't think you have a problem at all, its only a problem if it is one to your partner. Then he must help you to get the time and energy too, its a two way street.
I only do Thursday - Sunday because of distance apart the rest of the week. But then on those day I don't count the times :) as it's evening, during the night, early morning.... :D but I don't have little ones at home anymore either which makes a huge difference!! When mine were young- 2-3 times a week was an incredible sex week. Lol! I don't think there's anything wrong- you work a very demanding/high stress job with long hours and have small children which are busy and keep you busy. Just have fun when you do- keep it spicy ;)

4.5 months

So I went to PS thursday and he agreed that I had some excess blubber in the waist. I do need to have tiny dog ears revised. So, I will go back in January to have revision and extra lipo in the waist area. I have been battling a nasty cold and the sneezing/coughing has my belly in a hard knot! The bb scar is still dark and not sure there is anything I can do except wait for it ti lighten. I am a little frustrated that I have to go back, but so happy that my PS does agree and doesn't tell me that I have to keep waiting and waiting....Hope all my TT sisters are healing well and enjoying the upcoming holidays!! I will post pics before and after procedure in January... :)
What PS did you use?
Hi!! Did you check your inbox? :) I left you a message.
I hate that you're having to have revision- but happy that it'll be over so ok and keeping my fingers crossed it brings fantastic results! Merry Christmas my sweet friend! (((Hugs))

Happy New Year

Wishing all my TT sisters a happy 2014 with fun, love, laughter, and flat tummies!!! God bless!
Best wishes for your revision and glad you are healing well.
Happy New Year Beautiful!!
Happy new year to you!

round 2! More ab lipo, dog ear, and arm lipo

So I stopped using all scar creams because I knew I was having scar revision and a little more lipo. So yesterday, I went to get my abdomen and dog ear revised. Definitely an easier experience that TT. I was walking around and went to the store, but didn't drive. I also got my arms did! They were so bulky and I could never get them small enough. My PS does slim lipo which is a smaller cannula. I have one hole in the crease of my pit and the other in the crease of my elbow. I have some serious serious bruisng so I wll try to post pics of arms soon. I can already see a difference in the arms even with the swelling. I am not sure about the abdomen yet. It's very swollen. The arms are very sore and I can't even pull my hair back of put on a shirt over my head. Can't take a shower until drainage stops and incision holes are closed. I hope this helps for anyone considering arm lipo. Hope all is well with my TT sisters and I will keep u posted on my progress.

Photo round 2

Day 2 PO lipo and dog ear revision
Thank for the update. I keep thinking about lipo but just not sure I'm tough enough for that!
I can't tell yet whether or not my waist is smaller bc of the swelling of course, but it seems smaller to me. I needed a dog ear revision and one side of my ab was larger than the other so he corrected that too. Anyway, its much easier to walk around post lipo. Just arms are little difficult. I can't lift it all the way and it feels like I'm holding 100lb weight. :) Will post photos soon.
Glad you're doing good! Heal quickly my friend!! You may want to try arnica for bruising and soreness. ((((Hugs))))

Arm photo

Don't be alarmed. I wasn't beaten down but maybe hit by a truck...just kidding! It's been 3 days since arm lipo and by far the most frustrating experience. It's hard to lift your arm to eat(prob good for me) and can't put my shirts on. Overall, I can tell a little that thame arms are small. My abdomen is swollen!! It's not much bigger than before so I know it will be smaller later. Will post tummy photos soon. Happy healing to all!
Hey Sallie, check out Jen.P profile, you have the same bikini! And very similar bodies!
Oh and the drainage out of my arms was really weird, like pouring out, lol, weird. Okay and gross to, lol. Oh the things we do but for skinny arms I would do it again.
Not much drainage but massive bruising!!! Looks like I broke my arms! Lol

PO day 5

Steristrips are still firmly adhered to the sides that were once bulges that looked like clams were hanging off my skin. I hope when they come off this Friday, I will be pleasantly surprised. My arms right now are so swollen that I simply cannot tell if they really are small or its a delusion from all the medication I have been taking for pain. Because we use our arms everyday, there is no possible way for me to stay still. In my OCD state, I decided to measure my arms and abdomen: 10.5 arms and 29 waist. I know it's too soon, but I sure have waited long enough for some good results! Any suggestions on arm compression besides ace wrap? I love the ace wrap, but I seriously look like the michellin man....Have a great day my TT sisters!!! :)
Ok ladies...I know I'm cray cray, but the more I look at my body, the more areas I find that look fat! I mean why is there back fat that I didn't notice before? Where did that come from? We really need to buy our own lipo machine because by the time we are done, we are going to be lipo pros!!!!
Want to know something crazy, I just measured my arms... know what is it 10.5, LOL, we are so connected. And they are still swollen, they were 12.2 so I will take it.
Hi sunnysidenc! that's amazing! Mine are also 10.5" now but I forgot to measure the before but I think they were 11 so I think I just lost half an inch.

1 week PO dogear and arm slimlipo

My arms feel better everyday, but they are still very very swollen! My abdomen is still swollen too, but from the photos, it already looks smaller. I still have steristrips on the dog ears and go for a follow up tomorrow. I am still taking arnica and take biotin too. As soon as the lipo incisions heal (which are very well hidden) I will begin massage. I am only using ace wraps but I did order a compression vest so I won't look like the hulk in clothing. Happy healing my TT sisters!!

Photos

Oops forgot to load dag nabit...:)
Skinny arms Tiny Dancer but you know arm lipo you earn them for sure.. It is no joke. I am still seeing the results of lipo on my stomach 7 months ago.
Looking great ;)!! I'm going to be getting my revision soon.. I was thinking of lipo on arms at some point. My flabby arms bug me. Keep us updated on the healing.,
Looking great! your arms look skinny! I can tell your tummy will have more definition at this early stage! woohoo!

1 week 2 days PO dog ear, lipo, and arms

So, I am very swollen and very frustrated at this point because I feel like my arms should be super small and waist should be super tiny.....But it's not. And to top it off, I seriously see back fat that is really more noticeable now than ever. I just got the rainey arm vest which is a little tight around the chest and not tight enough around the arms. Hopefully, this really is swelling and not just the way I am going to look. My bb scar is still on the outside and I don't have any hooding because the PS said I was too thin, but I see tons of ladies here with awesome looking bb's. I am going to try another type of laser soon that targets just the melanin hopefully it will fade. I even am trying make up forever waterproof concealer.....Any other suggestions? Thanks for hearing m vent.... :)
You have to give that lipo at least 6 months to show results, Your areas are still super swollen right now, I mean think about how Lipo works..............and that is why they are still swollen.
Yes, thank you for reminding me..My impatient part of my brain doesn't see that....LOL...HUgs!!!
Mine is broke to so I will be counting on you to remind me if I get impatient to.

2 weeks and 2 days arm lipo and dog ear

So ladies, I feel so much worse than I did after the TT. I am not sure because I am 5 mo PO from TT and then I had more lipo on waist and dog ear revision with arm lipo. It seems to me that my arms are smaller but when I put them down, there isn't much of a difference. My skin was so lax from weight gain and loss that my arms are super right from the lipo. I have some indentations that are noticeable in the arms but I am massaging and trying to soften the skin. My stomach is super swollen and doesn't look as good as it did before the revision. I am overall not impressed right now except for the fact that te dog ears are gone. Anyone considering arm lipo really needs to find a good visionary PS of what you want and make sure that the results are to your liking. My doctor is great but I feel he could have done a little more. What do you ladies think??
You look great! I had my TT last June and am considering some lipo myself. Started reading reviews on Lipo these last few days and still not sure. Would you mind sharing the cost of your second procedure? Was it done in his office? I did receive a quote for one area but am now considering two areas as you did (flank and arms OR flank and thighs) I look forward to reading your progress on your second procedure.
Hello! Thanks for reading my story! I paid 3000 for arm lipo Which included anesthesia. I didn't pay for abdomen because that was already paid for before and he did a revision. It was done in office too. Wearing long sleeve compression is best and massage as soon as you can. I started 1.5week PO bc arms are thin and lipo marks are visible. RF might also be a good PO for softening the skin and extra tightening. Wish you the best!!
Your arms are so tiny!!

3 weeks PO

Still swollen and still feel a lot of stiffness in the arms and waist. My waist is 28.5 and arms are 10 around in the mornings. I was feeling sharp shooting pains and started to use arnica gel around the arms and waist and this stuff is magic!! I have stiffness but the sharp pains are practically gone! All bruises are gone after 2 days of use. I am going to get a different laser on my bb next week to see if it will lighten. Will keep you all posted! Happy Thursday my TT sisters!!
Thank you! I see my PS next month and will probably schedule flanks and thighs. I just need a clear answer on what is actually covered in the flank area.
So weird. Flank doesn't go all the way to the back, but I though the flank was the entire side of the waist and back? Anyway, this time around, the PS didn't go to the back because he said he would have to flip me over....Does this mean he was lazy or does that it truly does not include the back. Anyway, I hope you get great results!! :)

arms....ugh

So when I lift my arms up, there are some track marks and tightening of the skin. My arms are numb, but burn at times. I guess this is all part of the healing process. My waist looks good, but also has hard tissue which must be swollen areas of liposuction. At this point, I am a little scared of using the compression on my arms because I am scared of more tightening. I wear compression on my waist everyday and take a break in the evenings. I hope all my TT sisters are healing well and enjoying the weekend! :)
My PS said to use the compression on my arms because it pulls the muscles back in place and that was the only way it did not hurt as bad. I am 5 weeks still have the track marks, still have done swelling and some pain. Arms are no joke!!!!
I completely understand the short sleeve compression issue. I'll post my arm tracks in a bit....
My tracks have gotten so much better in the past week. I we'd freaked out for awhile. They still look nasty I think but better.

Arm photos

So this is 3 weeks and 3 days PO arm lipo
Hopefully not because it was already paid for it and it was a re-do. Plastic surgery is expensive ( worth every penny ) but we should still be satisfied with the results we were expecting for the money we paid.

Another laser treatment.

My PS had another procedure so my follow up was pushed to next week, but I was still able to get laser treatment done on my scar. My Bb is the most disappointing part bc right now I can't wear a bikini! Anyway, the PS and I have a game plan but I might get a second opinion bc I'm starting to get frustrated....overall, I'm still swollen and still trying to heal...:)
Lol! Everyone thinks alike here! Your bb absolutely IS super cute! Mine is still rather red too, but I'm only 5 mos. It will fade, Ive never seen a normal scar not.
Nothing better than to have my TT sisters advice and set me straight!!! Thank you and happy valentines my sweet sweet sisters!!!
I think you BB is going to do great! Love the shape :) girl- it's too cold for a bikini right now!!! By summer you'll be rocking that thing! ;)

Arms and belly

So I went to see my PS and he said arms are getting better. There is some lumpiness in the left arm, but overall it is getting better. My waist is stil 28 and 29 at the end of the day. My only real concern is my belly button at this point. PS says to wait it out and see how it looks after the scar fades. I'm cleared to go back to the gym! Hooray!!! Let's tone up these bad a gams!!

Tummy 6mo POand 5weeks PO dog ear revision

Swelling is still there but overall I feel great! I can do crunches and bend and move with no pain. I have some stiffness at the end of the day. I am now motivated to get in shape for spring break and summer....here we go!!
you look great, i can see the muscles under!!! I think that lipo did a lot!
You look awesome!! So tiny!!

Bb progress

There are 3 photos: center is 6 weeks after, right is when I use a silicone ball and put it in over night, right is recent and after laser treatment. Doesn't look good to me. Overall shape is awesome and I feel great! My arms are feeling little better. I still have numbness on the outside and lumpiness is getting better too. Happy healing to all my TT friends!
Looking good!! Do you think if you use the ball every day that it would stay like the open one?
I have decided to try using the ball again and we will see how it looks. Overall, I am going to hold off until a year to decide what I want to do. :)
Awesome! the lipo worked!! I can see the big difference! On the BB, I think it needs time. It's the most finicky part of this whole operation.

9 weeks PO dog ear, arm lipo

I'm feeling great. Arms still burn every now and then. The shape is coming along. The indentations occur at end of the day when my arms tighten. My bb is the only thing I am still having issues with. It's been 8 months and I think I need a second opinion. I'll let you all know how it goes!! Take care my lovely strong friends!!!
You look awesome!
So, I am getting bb revision next week. I was supposed to have it today but PS got called in for special case surgery. Will post after pics when I'm done. How does your bb look now? Happy Friday my friend!
Wow I can see the difference with the lipo!! You are so tiny and look great. :-)

Belly button revision

So....I finally got a revision! I got a second opinion and the PS was going to charge 3100 for a revision!!!! I couldn't bear to spend that much on a revision so I went back to my PS and said I want a revision. He finally squeezed me in and charged only Supply fee. Here are some pics and I will keep you all posted!
You look great! My bb seems to change from day to day even 8 years later.
You look amazing as well!! How do you like the face lift? Such a beautiful lady!! :)
Salliee, I'm scheduled for the mini face lift on May 28 and I'm a nervous wreck :-(

Bb update

Ok so it's almost 2 weeks and my PS told me no activity for 2 weeks. How am I supposed to not walk or not be active for 2 weeks with little kids??? Anyway, here is a side by side of 8 mo PO and 2 week bb revision. It looks a little different but scar is still noticeable. I'm not super-thrilled but hope by 6 months it will look better. I still swell and I still wear compression tank tops bc I feel better in them. Happy healing all!! :)
I think you look great!!! Much better after both revisions. I had a small revision last week and still upset that lipo wasn't done, she removed dog ears but they look bad because I'm still very swollen. I don't think my PS did any lipo in my flanks when my TT was done and that's why they stick out so much. I'm just waiting it out and hoping swelling goes down if not I have to go in again for lipo and revision.
You look great!! Mine has changed a ton in the last 9 months. Love your shape!!
Looking great Salliee!! I can see ab definition and I think BB looks much better after revision. I heard that BB keeps changing even years after! There's hope for all of us! :)

Released until 1 year PO

So bb is healing. Doesn't look like a bullseye. Not what I expected but it's better than before. Because I am too thin, the skin around bb doesn't envelope around the scar. When it fades, I'll be alright with it. Here's a pic of me at the docs office sitting. Happy healing and will try to post monthly.
Because I am to thin?!?! Rock on Sister!!! There are worse things to be called!! You are beautiful Tiny Dancer!!
Thank u!! Did u see my comment below elijanh? Hehehe...
Love it,"because I'm to thin"! LOL! Your bb looks great. Scar on the bottom side of my bb is rather noticeable but have faith in time it'll fade nicely!

Summer time!

So, I'm not completely happy with my bb, but just gonna go with it. My waist is still not as small as I would like, but i guess I could lose a few pounds. Hopefully a little weight loss can make my figure look better. Overall, I don't regret any results and hope everyone else feels the same!! Happy summer beautiful ladies!!
You look great Sallie! How are the arms?
Arms are much better. I have little track marks and tiny scar from cannula but I just have to wait until it fades. Overall, I look more toned but was wanting more dramatic change. I personally like the gaunt look but my fuller body type resists that shape! :)
Your body is banging!! You look amazing!!

Summer photo

Scars are well hidden even in a string bikini. Can't wait until they are all faded. For the darker skinned ladies, I'm almost 11 months and scars have not faded yet with the utmost care ( lasers, scar tapes, all sorts of gels). It's just gonna take some time.
Your scars will get there in time. You look great in your bikini. I can't even tell you have the scar.
Wow! Wow! Wow! Rock it girl!! You look fantastic!! Love ya! ((((Hugs)))
Love you Dee!!! Hope all is well in life and happy!!! Hugs to you sweet friend!!!

1 year PO

So ladies, my skin is dark so the scar is still noticeable but getting lighter! He left a tiny vertical scar but because my skin is so tight, we can't do any revisions for another year. I am very happy with the results and just need to tone up a bit more. Hope everyone is well and happy!!!
You look so good!!
You look amazing!
Thank u!! I hope all is well with you!!