Dot Laser on Friday the 13th - Central Texas

Had the SmartXide laser on 1/13/12. Numbing cream...

Had the SmartXide laser on 1/13/12. Numbing cream for about an hour. Dr came in wiped off the cream and then cleaned my face with alcohol. Dr. went over my problem areas a couple times and it felt like fire on my face. I did expect pain, but this was over the top. I am looking for overall skin tightness, especially around mouth and eyes. I do see the fine lines around my mouth are gone, forehead looks smooth... also, jawline is looking tighter.

1/13/12: Home by noon. Skin felt warm, I took the clothes they sent home with me and soaked them in ice water and used them as a compress and just rested as much as possible. Sleeping propped up.

1/14/12: Minor swelling on my nose, skin now is dark brown, no pain. Sleeping propped up.

1/15/12: My face itched a ton, more and more of the dark brown skin is coming off with each time I wash my face. The areas the Dr. went over a couple times are red and hurt, but not bad. I sleep propped up at night. I think this has really helped..only swelling is my nose and its minimal.

1/16/12: I look better this morning. I do not notice any swelling on my nose. The only dark brown skin left on my face is around my cheek area. Skin looks tight, I do have redness The laser cream is the worst. It just feels nasty on your face..even with hair in a pony tail my hair seems to get in this stuff. I can't wait to just start using lotion and sunscreen.

Pictures to come

Lawrence Broder MD Dr

My follow up is on Friday, 1/20/12. I'm sure it will be excellent. The staff are all friendly and took the time to answer all my questions. I recommend Dr. Broder.

any updates on your procedure? would you recommend it? Are your results what you expected?
Thanks for your info. May I asked which doctor you used?

They mentioned they used Lawrence Broder MD. Hope that is helpful to you. :)

Glad to hear you were looking/feeling better yesterday. Has that continued to be the case today?