Dot Laser on Friday the 13th - Central Texas

Had the SmartXide laser on 1/13/12. Numbing cream...

Had the SmartXide laser on 1/13/12. Numbing cream for about an hour. Dr came in wiped off the cream and then cleaned my face with alcohol. Dr. went over my problem areas a couple times and it felt like fire on my face. I did expect pain, but this was over the top. I am looking for overall skin tightness, especially around mouth and eyes. I do see the fine lines around my mouth are gone, forehead looks smooth... also, jawline is looking tighter.

1/13/12: Home by noon. Skin felt warm, I took the clothes they sent home with me and soaked them in ice water and used them as a compress and just rested as much as possible. Sleeping propped up.

1/14/12: Minor swelling on my nose, skin now is dark brown, no pain. Sleeping propped up.

1/15/12: My face itched a ton, more and more of the dark brown skin is coming off with each time I wash my face. The areas the Dr. went over a couple times are red and hurt, but not bad. I sleep propped up at night. I think this has really helped..only swelling is my nose and its minimal.

1/16/12: I look better this morning. I do not notice any swelling on my nose. The only dark brown skin left on my face is around my cheek area. Skin looks tight, I do have redness The laser cream is the worst. It just feels nasty on your face..even with hair in a pony tail my hair seems to get in this stuff. I can't wait to just start using lotion and sunscreen.

Pictures to come

any updates on your procedure? would you recommend it? Are your results what you expected?
Thanks for your info. May I asked which doctor you used?

They mentioned they used Lawrence Broder MD. Hope that is helpful to you. :)

Lawrence Broder MD Dr

My follow up is on Friday, 1/20/12. I'm sure it will be excellent. The staff are all friendly and took the time to answer all my questions. I recommend Dr. Broder.