I Am Pleased with the Results - Seguin, TX

Hi Everyone, I'm a female, 5'5",...

Hi Everyone,

I'm a female, 5'5", 30 years old, Hispanic and at the time of my surgery I weighed a whooping 230 pounds. I am a very heavy girl - it is true - and I also have a substantial amount of muscle, as I used to be in the military. Still, I was not in good shape by any means at a size 16W. By the way, I was 30 years old at the time. (It's been about 9 months since my surgery as I write this.)

I was drawn to the doctor's special on the website, which advertised a really great deal. But, because of my weight, and the risks/additional preparations involved, the cost for me was substantial more than the advertised price, which I completely understand.

So... for $7000 I had done: upper abs, lower abs, flanks, and bra rolls.

Just like the doctor said, it was a rollercoaster of emotions post-surgery. The night I got home, I was like, "What in the world have I done to myself." The bandages really freaked me out, and I was in a lot of pain. I couldn't bend, I couldn't get comfortable, it was not a pleasant experience. But, I also do not like to take pain medications so that definitely meant that I felt more of the after effects than is "normal". I just took the bare minimum when the pain got really bad.

I saw and still see a significant improvement in the amount of fat in my midsection, and my satisfaction with this has increased over time. YOU HAVE TO WEAR YOUR COMPRESSION GARMENTS. There is a slight bit of "waviness" evident underneath the skin but honestly I believe that is going to diminish as I continue my clean eating and exercise regime. Lipo is NOT a miracle cure and no body is completely perfect so you have to have realistic expectations.

After 3 months I went in for my check up and lost 5" off of my waist and 3" off of my hips. My back looks a lot better than it used to as I don't have the deep deep fat rolls anymore. I do still have some fat in these areas but again, eating well and exercising is my preferred way to slim down from here. I really considered this surgery a boost for me to start paying attention to my body and trying to look my very best. It was very discouraging before my surgery to see the deep fat rolls and the huge chunk of disgusting fat in my abdomen and flanks. Now, I have a very curvy figure that I know will improve over time if I continue to take care of it. Before the surgery I was a size 16W. That meant of course stuffing my fat stomach into some kind of girdle in an effort to prevent my gigantic muffin top from spilling out. And even then the girdle wouldn't make a big difference. After the surgery, I am a size 14/14W and the muffin top is not near as bad as it used to be. I can actually stand to look at myself sitting down, whereas before I was so disgusted with my shape. If you are thinking about doing this please realize that you need to have a very positive attitude and very realistic expectations. You also need to be sure that you are having done PROBLEM AREAS that will not go away with exercise of diet alone. Like for me, genetically I gain weight in my midsection, so my stomach was hugely disportional to the rest of me. Now, although I still have fat on my stomach, it looks far, far better than it did before the surgery. I do still have a slight roll on my back, but I also need to continue working out and I know that will improve.

I did not lose a ton of weight, maybe about 10 pounds from the surgery, but you have to remember that it is not for weight loss.

Hope my review helped everyone!

Dr. Carreon

I absolutely love the staff and would absolutely recommend my family and friends for all of the reasons listed above. I am a very particular person when it comes to service, and absolutely nothing in my experience was lacking.

Hello r u going to post any pics before and after.
Did you have any of the hard lumps form? How long would you recommend to take off if getting lipo to the upper/ower ab and waist? How long did you wear compression garments?
Hi Tx_girl,
Thank you for your very helpful review for us lovely large ladies! I had smart lipo done 2 weeks ago on the upper, lower abs and flanks. My experience seems to parallel yours. I am very pleased with the results...I actually have a waist now! I really think the most important decision is the choice of doctors. Mine was wonderful..pleasant experience during the procedure...draining for 1 day and some pain but bearable...one small bruise that went away quickly... I am still a little sore but getting better everyday...loving the results... I am told I will get even more imrovement with time and with consistently wearing compression but I am happy now and have no regrets about getting this done.