The Real Truth About Zerona - They Measure for Total Inches Lost, Not Problem Areas

According to Zerona and my doctor, my treatments...

According to Zerona and my doctor, my treatments were a success. I lost 5 inches, which sounds great, right? 5 inches of belly fat and slimmer thighs? Not exactly.

Let me tell you how they figure the inches lost. First, they measure your neck, bust, arms, abdomen, hips, thighs and knees-yes knees. Unless you are really overweight (and therefore not a good candidate for Zerona) most of us are not looking to lose weight in our neck, bust or knees. Guess where I lost the majority of those 5 inches? You guessed it: bust, arms and knees. I only lost one inch from my waistline, which was the only area I really needed to lose.

Also, you should know that the protocol calls for a one week pre-treatment cleansing followed by the two week treatment in which you will need to exercise a minimum of 40 minutes per day, eat a low fat diet, abstain from caffiene and alchohol, take special vitamins and drink a ton of water. I also recieved two lymphatic massages. Three weeks of diet and exercise should probably give about the same results, don't you think? Try following this regimine for 3 weeks first and take your own measurements to see how many inches you lose and then decide if $2000 is really worth it.

Just so you know, I am not really overweight- just had some extra belly fat and a little extra padding on my thighs. The fat was a little lumpy looking, so I was hoping to get some smoothing results too.

No change in skin texture whatsoever. The doctor had shown me some pictures beforehand and had stressed how much smoother the skin looked, so I was hoping for similar results. I also followed the treatment instructions to the letter, exercising every single day by jogging, biking, walking and weight lifting. I am a regular exerciser anyway and I always drink a lot of water, but I did have to struggle with Starbucks withdrawals and no wine or Mexican food on weekends.

If you still think an inch or two around your problem areas are worth $2000, go ahead with the procedure with realistic expectations. Personally, I was very disappointed. Not only did I not go down a pant size, my pants don't even feel looser. But hey! now I've got those super skinny knees!

Man, I am furious! This is the worst I have ever been ripped off in my life! 9 treatments, $3000 later and no perceivable inches lost! No one sees a difference in me! Their whole method of measuring you is a complete con. By measuring in several different places, and pulling the tape tighter on the final measurement/session and then adding up all the figures they make it look as if I lost 5 inches and yet my weight is the same and the circumference around my waist is also the same as before I started treatment! Nuts! Surely there has to be a class action lawsuit against this company? I went to premier Fitness in Milton, Onatrio in Canada for my treatment and just had my last session last week. They were indignant and rude to me when I informed them that I don’t believe that their treatment worked. What should I do? I cannot afford a lawyer
-Bria
I actually gained 2 pounds after over a week of treatments. And no, I didn't eat badly or weightgain bodybuilding. Simple ate right and watched the Zerona DO NOTHING!! I think the oil pills they gave me put the 2 pounds on. I threw them away. ZERONA is a S C A M !!!!!

Here's the proof... try Zerona WITHOUT taking the diet pills and diet plan they WANT to put you on. After losing NO WEIGHT and most of your money you will then realize it's a scam!!!
I am also very dissapointed. TWO treatments and no results, yet I lost 10 pounds but no inches. I still have not gotten my pictures and its been a month since my last treatment. The lady blame me on the way I eat, but if that was the case, how come I'm losing weight? I feel sad because I feel I threw my money to the trash. I would love to have my money back.
What do you mean 2 treatments? 6 sessions and then another 6 sessions? I don't know the whole story as you don't share much but if what you're saying is true then they should give you more treatments or give you the money back if they feel there is no point in doing anymore treatments. At my clinic out of hundreds of treatments i think we only had 2 people with no results and we happily gave them the money back.
I will soon since I have finished the treatment and have pix of before and afters. The only thing that fits better now is my wallet in my pocket since it's almost two thousand dollars leaner
VERY DISAPPOINTED myself with the results. Going for my second treatment today. I exercised daily before this and all I wanted was to loose my love handles. So far I'm out of pocket 1500, been on a strict vegetarian diet and 150 dollars worth of liver cleansing and other pills. I'm pretty sure have lost some weight, but it's not because of the Zerona. I will keep posting, and whoever is thinking of doing Zerona, I'll give you the diet and the pills I am in right now, for half the price you would had pay for the Zerona and you will loose the same that you would with the treatment....

Hi Lobobaby -- Sorry to hear you're not getting the results you expected. You're welcome to write a review of Zerona (http://www.realself.com/topicReview/create/89445) and share your story with the rest of the RealSelf community. Good luck with the rest of your treatments!

What you're saying does make sense, SMBI is the new company that bought the rights for the Zerona (500mil USD) and they are trying to run the show. I bought my machines from Erchonia and i own them too. SMBI only lease you the machine and sell you packages of 6 sessions which then makes it expensive to give more than 6 treatments if you need it. Since I am so confident with the results of the Zerona (with people i say are good candidates) I have no problem returing the money to unhappy people, you know why? Because it's so rare that people follow the simple protocol, don't have any health issues and still don't lose inches. But i agree with you, there is definitely a problem when they can't give you more than 6 and you are left alone.
Where is your facility? How can prospective patients contact you?
Really sorry, JOJO47. I'm right there with ya. IMPORTANT NOTE for the public: There are TEN areas they measure to calculate "success." Their advertising says "waist, hips and thighs" but that is a TEASER. They measure 10 areas. Do the math and you will see why this is tilted in Zerona's favor. Also, there is conflicting information about WHO will make a good candidate and WHO responds best. I met an overweight girl, moderately obese, she was thrilled with her results (she is still obese, but her "yoga pants" fit loose now.) She lost over 10 inches total. Then there are posters like me, not skinny, not fat, but with enough fat there to BE reduced. And we don't respond much or at all. Half an inch in the waist, inch in the waist... $2400 an INCH? Compare that to lipo's cost per POUND. No cost-benefit justification here.
I'm very sorry for you guys if they actually measured you in 10 areas. I only measure areas treated by the Zerona which is usually waist, hips and thighs and my clients have no problem reaching 3-13 inch loss. I only ask my patients to do 20 min exercise after every Zerona treatment, take some niacin pills to get the body metabolism moving and try to keep a balanced diet which means mainly don't start to stack up on McDonalds. Before buying the Zerona i was so skeptical about the results of it but it really blown me away by how effective the treatment is.
The form my doctor used for recording measurements, which I have a copy of, was provided to him along with his laser - it was not a form he created for his own personal use. It also had instructions on it indicating that he was *required* to fax it to SMBI every week for each patient. It is very standardized with a place for weight and the TEN measurements, taken on 3 different occasions. Had my doctor only measured my waist, hips and thighs, I would NOT have reached the 3.5 inch minimum loss. I use Good Measure Meals delivery service, which provided me with preportioned, fresh meals following the AMA nutritional guidelines of no more than 1200 calories per day. I LOST 1.5 pounds during the 10 days. My dress size stayed the SAME. Nice to know you are achieving such fabulous results for your patients, perhaps you'd like to share your techniques with other doctors who can't seem to get it right.
Hey, I was wondering where you practice, and how much you charge for zerona? I've asked my parents for zerona treatments for my 21st birthday (this Friday), but I had been looking at a place which I have just recently seen on here to have really bad reviews.