My Active FX Review - Texas

Hello, I am a 19 year old male and I did the...

Hello, I am a 19 year old male and I did the Active FX procedure for acne scars. I would describe my scars as ice pick type scars, I have almost no rolling/boxcar scars from acne unlike others.They are all deep and have a small width.

The entire process its self was slightly painful, almost like someone snapping you with rubber bands 100 times on your face for each laser shot. It does hurt, but the pain is tolerable.

The recovery wasn't to bad, you look like a burn victim for about 3 days then on the 4th day things start to change as your entire top layer of skin peels off, and it is very itchy.

At first whenever my skin was completely done shedding off the burnt skin, I was so surprised by how much my acne scars have improved, but only to find out a few days later that i was just swelling. Its been about 2 weeks since I had this procedure and all I Can say is that my much more shallower scars seemed to have filled in a little bit (30% improvement on my super shallow scars), but all of my deeper icepick scars look nearly exactly identical. I had really high hopes for this procedure and at the end of the day this was just a very expansive facial. The only pro that I can think of is that it evened out my skin tone a lot, got rid of past acne hyper-pigmentation. But there are much cheaper alternatives to get rid of hyper-pigmentation.

Even though I am disappointed with this laser, I will still see if i can find a place that will do the Deep FX or maby even the SCAAR FX if it comes out to the public by then, I will give this fractional co2 another shot but only the much more powerful lasers.

Acne scars look essentially the same.

Acne scars look essentially the same.

Even though I am disappointed with the results, I felt like the entire staff was trying their best to make me feel at home. They were all very friendly and nice to me.