Fraxel Repair-Boston

I trust in my doctor, and I am only posting this...

I trust in my doctor, and I am only posting this here so I can share with others who may be going through the same thing and feeling a bit scared, and I want to read other stories. I had Fraxel Repair done on my entire face and neck. I am on day three, and my face is now severely swollen, red, burning sensation and leathery. I had a follow up yesterday, but my face looked better yesterday than it does today. My doctor says swelling is normal. I have to admit I am terrified my skin will not go back to normal. It just looks so severe now. Should my skin feel like this now, and will it heal? I am keeping a vaseline/ointment on my entire face, doing three gentle washes followed by placing vinegar/water soaked gauge on my face three times a day. Has anyone else experienced Fraxel Repair on his or her entire face and neck, and have you had the swelling, and rough texture to the skin? I cannot hardly look at myself now. I am very afraid and wish I had not done this. Everyone is saying it is part of the healing, but this is difficult to understand when you look and feel like you have been through a meat grinder..How can skin go through this type of treatment and go back to normal. I would love to read others experiences.

I have had 3 Fraxel treatments done but to smaller areas of my face and I am thrilled with the results. My face did feel a little rough during healing but never a crust. Hang in there and good luck.

like it is never going to get better...but I am hanging in there, thanks for asking...and yes I will post before, day-by day after, and the finish results.

Its been a few days. How are things? Are you seeing any improvement in your skin?

I will update my pictures after I am healed to show the before and after.

Thanks, we would love to see more pictures from you.

How are you feeling today?

I can definitely understand why you would be freaked out! A lot of the reviews I've read talk about similar stuff to what you are saying. Below are some links for you to read. Hopefully it will offer you some comfort.

“Day 3 of Fraxel Repair - Swelling, Whiteheads, You Name It”

"When will swelling and puffy eyes from Fraxel go away?"

"Has Anyone Experienced a Crusty Brown Scabbing After Fraxel?"

Please keep us update on how your healing is going and what you are experiencing so others will be able to learn from your experience.