Eyes Irritated - Texas

My surgery appeared to be effective, but my eyes...

My surgery appeared to be effective, but my eyes are very irritated, tired, blurry. I have difficult reading. The surgery was Nov. 1, 2011, so I am thinking the irritation should be minimal by now. Anyone else have problems with irritated eyes? The cost is based on the costs sent to Medicare which reduced it considerably.

Amarillo Ophthalmologist

I have an appointment next week so am hoping for some answers.

My eyes are still irritated. The right eye almost always feels like there is an irritant somewhere. By night time, I wish I could remove my contacts but I'm not wearing contact lenses.
But they seem to be getting better a little at a time.
Try celluvisc drops in individual vials ( ask pharmacist for them, non RX, but often behind counter). Use hot compresses, put nighttime dry eye ointment in EVERY night and during day if necessary, make sure they are CLOSING at night or use vaseline and saran wrap placed over eye to keep it moist all night. Goggles are good for outside...humidifier may help...
Thanks for the advice. Actually my eyes are feeling much better! I guess as everyone kept advising, it just takes time.
I had dry, irritated eyes for over 3 months. Try drops, avoid heat/AC, limit reading/tv/computer use and stay out of the wind. No contact lenses or eye makeup that you have to rub eyes to remove. Use gel drops at night or tape eye closed. Near the 4th month my eyes were fine.

Just wondering how you're feeling now, rosepo -- any better yet?