Tummy Tuck W/ Lipo and Breast Lift/ Implants - Tennessee

I have been reading blogs on Real Self for two...

I have been reading blogs on Real Self for two months and have finally decided to talk about my experience. I am 39 years old and after much consideration decided to go under the knife on 12/06/10 to lift my boobs, get rid of my muffin top and fat girdle.(All result of childbirth, of course 3>)

Prior to surgery I was about 30 lbs from my ideal weight but my doctor said that was "ok" and he could still achieve good results. At the time I was exercising pretty regularly (1-3x week power walking, zumba, treadmill)but not on a daily basis. My eating habits are not too bad but I am married to a chef so sometimes I do overeat.But anyways...after surgery for 5 days I felt like I got hit by a Mac truck lol I took percocet on the clock and got through it but I did have an adverse reaction to the meds which was not pleasant. :( Five days post op the dr removed the girdle/dressing and stood me up in front of the mirror and WOW I had a waistline again:) It was amazing! i continued to wear the girdle 24hrs for 2 more weeks/ then 2 weeks only during the day. The zippers on the girdle were so uncomfortable but my back hurt when I didn't wear it.

I went back to work 10 days post op BIG MISTAKE! I was so uncomfortable...boobs hurt, pulling sensation in stomach, swelling and tightness...plus I developed ulcers under my boobs which took 6 weeks to heal! I really overdid it! up until last week I would work from 9 to 5, come home, eat dinner, and crash by 8 pm. I tried one time to exercise @ 4 weeks post op and nearly hypervenilated.

Just last week (7 weeks post op) I was able to exercise without discomfort. I also enrolled in a bellydancing class and LOVE it! 3> My tummy is still very swollen though and it is depressing not being able to wear my old pants (Thank God stretch pants are back in style!) But...when I look in the mirror I look smaller because my waist is more defined. (Ironic, huh?)

My boobs are very natural looking and not much bigger...just a little more lifted and rounder. I am the same bra size, even with implants (38 D) which was what I wanted. :)

My doc said to be patient and that the swelling in my tummy will go down eventually....so it's hurry up and wait :P I just want to be able to wear a bikini this summer...haven't worn one since 1992....

Nashville Plastic Surgeon

Very good doctor...has over 40 yrs experience and has been doing lipo since early 80's...nice guy, very caring but professional as well...also he does not use drainage tubes when he performs tummy tuck so less evasive...and also less expensive than other docs in the area :)