Its a Reality - Tennessee

Yesterday I had my tumy tuck- March 17th, 2011. It...

Yesterday I had my tumy tuck- March 17th, 2011. It was't as bad and I thought it woud be. definelty need a recliner to sleep in. Mine worked like a charm. My tummy is swollen and seems bit hard. I'm glad that I finally did this for myself. I'll upload before and after picks in a few days. Also, take the medicine when's it time to take it. I haven't needed much help. I've been getting up on my own without much stress. Can't wait for summer and not having to wear a big shirt or jacket to cover my muffin top. I'm so excited to see the final results.

Day three was the worst day ever. I made it...

Day three was the worst day ever. I made it through and finally able to use the bathroom. That may have been the major cause of my pains. Today is day 4 and I'm feeling better except on my right side. I have to remember to eat since I don't feel hungry. I'm going to give myself a few more days and then post my pics and how I'm feeling.Overall, I still think its worth the final prize= a more confident me. Best of wishes to everyonegoing through this journey.

Day 7 and the tubes need to stay in a few more...

Day 7 and the tubes need to stay in a few more days. I'm in pain on my righ side, it feels pretty bad. I feel useless right now. Can't do anything. I stomach is tight and it looks like it will be what I expect,but kind of hard to tell with the swelling. I'm going to be patient, but its hard. I promise to post before, during and after pictures as soon as I'm able to function. Hang in there for those going through the procedure or about to go through the procedure. Its taken me over 10 years to try to get rid of the extra skin that wasn't going to go anywhere , so a few more days or weeks shouldn't upset me. Love this website and be "REAL to YOURself" with love, Steph :)

I just had my tummy tuck 18 March 11,and I can barely move with out excruciateing pain and feeling like I'm going to up chuck. Although I have a really flat stomach. No more jelly belly.

The first week is the worst so hang tough :)

Hurray!  So glad to hear from you.  SOunds like you are doing really well.  Rest and lay low for a while.  No crazy anything girlie!
That's awsome ! CONGRAD'S and stay well :-)
I just had mine yesterday too! Agree that I don't feel nearly as bad as I was expecting to. Haven't needed help getting up at all. I am just hoping it doesn't get worse for a while before it gets even better. Vicodin is working wonders.

What time was your surgery yesterday? Mine was 1:30 and I was home before 6.
Have you seen your tummy yet? I haven't. Doc wants me to leave the bandages and binder on until I follow up next week. I am so excited to see it!!!
My surgery was at 7:15 am and I was home by noon I think- kind of hard to remember. I hoping for better days. Its nice to have someone to take this journey with. I'm going to post pics in a few more days.
I don't have a binder on. Supposed to get it next week. I've seen my stomach and it looks pretty good, except for the scar and its pretty hard to the touch. I can see a big difference and am excited. My confidence level is so much higher now, even though I'm in pain- once again make sure to take the meds.
Congrats and cant wait for the pics!