16, and Beyond Ready. - Bristol, TN

I am 16 years old, and a Juinor in high school. My...

I am 16 years old, and a Juinor in high school. My breasts have been giving me problems for about 5 to 6 years now. I started developing at a very early age & I honestly have no idea what size breast I am. I have been referred several times to different surgeons but had a tough time getting an appointment because of my age. Finally, I went to my Primary Care Doctor a few weeks ago and asked him if he could refer me to a chiropractor, because I was getting these horrible knots all over my back because of stress from the weight of my boobs. I explained to him how I was unable to exercise and the horrid pain I have constantly in my shoulders, neck, and back. He referred me to a chiropractor without hesitation, not only that but the nurse decided that she wasnt gonna give up on finding me a surgeon that would take my insurance AND work on someone that is under 18 years of age. A few days later, my phone rang and it was the nurse telling me that she found me a very experienced surgeon that would would work on me and take my insurance. I was so excited and still am, I have been obsessed with looking at before and after photo's, watching surgery videos, and looking at different websites with information about the surgery. I have an evaulation appointment tomorrow around 10:00 a.m. and I'm extremely nervous but completely excited! I can't wait to find out more! I will upload pictures as soon as I get some. :)

Okay, so I went to my consultation & it went...

Okay, so I went to my consultation & it went extremely well. :) :) It's been about a week & a day now & I am now waiting on my insurance company's approval. Ive been very impatient. :( UGH. I'm hoping they approve it, I'm soo nervous that they wont, I'll be destroyed. Lol. But my surgeon said that he thinks they have no reason to deny it & that he sent in all the paperwork I needed. Keep your fingers crossed!
Bristol Plastic Surgeon

im 15 and just had my surgery yesterday. i can already see the difference and while i was nervous at first, there is much more discomfort than outright pain. i haven even had to take any of the strong prescribed pain medication today!! you won't regret it, i am really happy with my decision!

Ok my fingers are crossed for you:)

Welcome to RealSelf!

Thank you for joining us and we are very happy you are sharing your journey with us.

Thanks so much for sharing your experience here on RealSelf. This is going to be a huge relief for you. We'd love to hear more as you progress on your journey!