Reconstruction Road - Tennessee

The expander was the worst.Had a hard time...

The expander was the worst.Had a hard time sleeping, with alot of discomfort.

After the expander was removed, I had silicone implants put in. I have some pain, but it is fading away. They look great! I chose reconstruction because I wwanted to feel and look complete again after having 2 mastectomies. Everything now is looking great. And I feel more positive than ever!

Updated 12/7/11

Well, went to see my PS today. We have a date for my nipple areola reconstruction. I go for my pre-op Dec.9th and my surgery is Dec.13th. He will use a skin graph from my upper inner thigh to form it. He will be making my nipple out of the skin from my breast. I have seen this performed on someone before on youtube. It amazes me on what they can do. I am very excited about getting this done, but the only thing I won't like is the pain that you feel from them removing the skin. This hurts so much! I had it done before in 2003. You can't hardly walk or sit. But I have to remember, it will only be for a bit. It's almost done!

Updated 12/15/11

I just had my nipple areola reconstruction yesterday, and he used the skin from my chest area to form the nipple and skin graph from my inner thigh to make the areola. I will go back later after this heals to get it tattooed. Its not painful to me up there only where he took the skin graph from. You are right, it will never be the same as what GOD has given us but we are alive and I'm thankful that they have the technology to form another one. I do feel complete after everything that I have gone through. I went from boobs to nothing from nothing to foobs! I am so proud of them. I think that you should do the reconstruction on your nipple areola. You will be happy with it especially after they tattoo it! Having the skin graph removed is a little painful but not unbearable. It hurts a little to sit and walk,but i expected that. I feel no pain where my nipple is just in my upper inner thigh, but I know that this will subside.

I am taking it easy. He said I could go back at full time but taking it slow. I'm only working like less than 20 hrs.a week, and my boss seems to stay on me. I can't lift more than 10 lbs.,so I am taking it pretty slow. I try to listen to my body and it will tell me what I can and can't do. If it doesn't feel right, I won't do it. What I'm dealing with now, is this awful itch where my skin has been stretched. My PS has prescribed me something for it, but I just don't know! I keep Benadryl on it, and that helps some, but I'll tell ya, there are days when I could just scratch the skin off!I don't scratch it though, I just rub it, and that is much better. But it will all be over soon. I will keep you posted on the rest. Thanks!

Wanted to check in & see how you are doing. Are you still itching quite a bit or has that subsided some?

It has subsided, thank goodness! I go for another check up to my PS, He'll check it all out and make sure everything is good!
Nashville Plastic Surgeon

My PS was great! He cared about what I wanted and how I felt about reconstruction. He explained every option I had and he went over each one of them with me. He explained to me what he thought would be the best but he didn't push his choice on me, he let me decide. I was afraid of the silicone implants but he explained why this choice would be a good one for a person of my age. I can't really put everything into words about him, just he was there for me when I had a question or doubt about this. I love my PS, and I would recommend him to anyone.