Great Traditional Braces Experience at Age 53 - Tempe, AZ

I had a gap between my lower front teeth that...

I had a gap between my lower front teeth that really showed when I talked. I also had written a cookbook of tender foods for braces-wearers and was on TV a lot, so I figured I needed to do something.

My teeth moderately ached the first few days after each adjustment, but I used salt-water rinses and took ibuprofen. Flossing was definitely a bother, no matter what type of flossing aid I used, but it was worth it to have no cavities or other problems during or after treatment.

Everything else went well. I'm no longer self-conscious about the gap, I love the results, and my mild TMJ even went away so that I no longer have to wear a night splint, just my retainers (which I will gladly wear forever).

The only thing I would do differently was to have realized how much I react to latex: I knew I had some allergic reactions but thought I could have fun with the colored ligatures. Within 48 hours of getting my braces on, my whole mouth swelled up. I had to have all the ligatures changed to clear vinyl, and take antihistamines. After that, all was well. Both ligatures and the elastics that connect hooks come in vinyl.

Thomas Tipton

He was recommended to us for our three children, whose teeth all turned out beautifully. I really liked our treatment over the course of seven years, and his staff are all very competent and friendly.