Teeth Whitening Was Too Temporary and Short-term Painful

My teeth whitening experience was with zoom teeth...

My teeth whitening experience was with zoom teeth whitener. My sense of things was that the treatment was a lot of money and time (ok, not a lot but certainly a big chunk of a day) for really disappointingly limited results. Instead of getting a great smile, I almost instantly saw signs of staining despite laying off coffee for a few days post whitening. The treatment itself was pretty surprisingly painful. About half way through the bleaching i started to get what the dental assistant called "zingers". This makes it sound fun. Zingers are hellish. Imagine someone taking a small ice pick and digging it into your jaw. It was blinding pain in flashes. I cowboyed up for the last half of the whitening, but my jaw was shaking uncontrollably and sweat was running down my body. something tells me that it's not the healthiest thing to get teeth whitening! the real sucky part was I thought the zingers would end once they sucked away the bleaching agent. Oh no. For the next 4 hrs i felt zingers and dull aching. I swear that when i got home i did 2 shots of vodka...and i hate vodka straight up. 2 aleve later i got relief and could resume life again, but as i said, the white teeth were actually fading by the time 72 hrs passed. so $600 later i'm left feeling ripped off by the whole thing. i suppose if i paid $150 I could some how justify the expense. my recommendation is to look for a home teeth whitener treatment. whatever you do, make sure you shop around. dentists will give you huge discounts on teeth whitening if you simply ask for it.