The Tool That Saved my Life - Teaneck, NJ

My highest recorded weight was 550 pounds Feb of...

My highest recorded weight was 550 pounds Feb of 2010. My surgeon put me on a preop diet until she was comfortable doing the surgery on me due to being high risk.I was finally banded on 8/3/2010, and happy to announce I lost a grand total of 301 pounds.I am extremely pleased with my lap band.
Dr Stefanie Vaimakis

My surgeon and her staff I was very comfortable since day one. You walk in the office and are welcomed like family. Their post op support and support groups are outstanding and has a meeting at least once a week in all the hospitals she operates at. They always also have a Dr on call 24/7 no matter what te situation may be, a Dr will always get back to you and meet you at the office or hospital if needed

You are a real hero. I hope your life became much richer for you in all the good ways!
wow you are a great inspiration

Hi there, welcome and thanks for sharing your journey with us!

Congratulations on your weight loss! You look great and you've obviously worked very hard to get to where you are now. How was your recovery, after surgery? Did you have much pain or downtime?

Not really..... I had my gall bladder removed just the month before on my original band date.... The preop test showed i had sleepers, so they took it out on original band date.... For the band i was in the hospital for 2 nights and was sent home....2 days after i got home I was already driving and just took tylenol.... Took 10 days off from work because I had time to burn....lost 40 preop... then 90 plus my first year and 150 plus my second year....

Wow, you've done really well, you should be very proud of yourself! Thanks for the extra information, it's really useful!