TCA Peel Recommend It BUT Read This First.

I can recommend a TCA peel for sunspots, acne...

I can recommend a TCA peel for sunspots, acne scars and such quite easily. As I write this TCA peels only get a 48% approval. I'll point something out about the negative reviews. A lot of them wrote reviews on the 3rd or 4th day. They also wrote reviews who self administered and used a very strong strength on themselves 20%+ This is nuts. It's way too much especially for a first time. You have to work up to those levels. TCA peels work. They can be painful and that's why you either have them administered by a certified plastic surgeon OR start out VERY slowly with a VERY weak solution. It's better do not do enough and do a little bit each time than scar yourself for life and feel a lot of pain. The 2nd part I should mention is the reviews that are 3-4 days old. It takes easily 7+ days for the skin to fully peel from a deep peel. It can actually take 3-4 months for you to be able to handle the sun again easily. I recommend TCA peels and it has helped me heavily with my acne scars that I got when I was a teenager but only with the above conditions.

I recommend only certified Plastic Surgeons perform this procedure.

Thanks! Rock on!
Hi,
I spent two years ago $1250 for TCA done in a medical office by a very trained plastic surgeon. For the first 10 min I thought he burned my face. I have had 10/10 pain . After few long minutes they brought me a tiny fan . I'm a big girl and can handle pain pretty well, otherwise I could run and scream my pain out. The recovery time was normal 7 days but the results zero , nada. Today after this experience, even if they'll pay me I won't do it again. I do scrubbing at home once a week with yogurt and orange peel and my face gets better glow than any dermabration or tca. For me was not worth it.
Pretty shameful for a doctor to charge so much money, yet do so little to minimize pain.
I totally agree! I have been doing 50% glycolic acid peels for months now and decided i wanted something a little stronger. I just bought 15% tca online BUT i did A lot of research before I bought anything! I have decided to take a few weeks to prep my skin for the peel because from what I have read it will help the peel work better. Some people think you should use other peels to prep the skin but from what I read thats not a good idea. I have learned that you should use gentle soaps and retinol cream I believe it was? thats for the people who do it at home anyway I'm sure at the doctors office you get the good stuff.
Cnagel There are reputable companies selling TCA but few. You have to pay a little bit extra but it's worth it. I'm also fine with people doing a TCA at home BUT ONLY with small diluted solutions. There are reviews on this site of at home, 50% +. 95% of Doctors don't even go here. If you want to start try 12.5% and your skin will get thicker and you can eventually work up to 18%. Anyways thanks for adding a comment. Listen to your Facial Surgeon of what to do. When you are all healed please also post a review and mention some of the stuff I wrote in my original review. TCA's here have a bad reputation.
I too agree with the above. I would never dare do a TCA peel at home, plus you do not know what you are getting in your solution by purchasing online, that is crazy!!! I had a 30% TCA peel done yesterday by a Oculoplastics Facial surgeon. I am eager to see results! Like you, I do have some acne scarring and hope that this is improved! Wish me Luck!
Totally agree, thanks for your detailed discussion. I wish more patients understood the practice of cosmetic medicine/surgery takes years of experience. Thanks again From MIAMI Dr. B