TCA Peel Did Nothing for Me.

A few months ago I went to a spa and had a...

A few months ago I went to a spa and had a consultation. I wanted to get rid of a few acne marks and overall better my skin. They recomended I get a kind of harsh peel done called a TCA peel.

The next week I had it done. For the next five days after the peel I couldn't leave the house. The marks looked extremly red and my skin looked darkened (I am very fair). Then I started peeling which I was excited for becuase thats when I thought I would see the results. I didn't.

My skin felt softer for a few days but none of the marks were gone and it was a total waste of good money! I would recomend getting something more intense like microdermabrasion or something if you want results you can see.

She basically bullshitted me into buying a very expensive and worthless peel

for Burent Use Vinegar to clean your face. Curlss25 is right. DO NOT PICK YOUR FACE it cases scars. Let the skin come off naturally ONLY ! On Ingridcox I agree with the first commenter. You did not specific what strength the TCA was???? Usually it is only administered by a plastic surgeon not a spa and sometimes multiple tca applications make a difference.
NO DO NOT PICK PEEL or SCRUB your face!!!! Let your skin make it's natural progression. if you try to speed up the peeling process you may cause deep damage to the skin that will take may peels or laser to correct. Trim the excess skin with small clean scissors (FYI- clean w/ alcohol)This with help the flapping feel of the extra skin when you want to leave the house!!!
im now starting to peel like bad dry skin i heard i can peel this or rub it off just wait it out is this true because i really was to use a dry skin rub like a gritty face wash any advise
Wow you are brave. But you are right next time it will not be so bad! You now know what to expect. I would not recomend doing this more than every 6-8 weeks. And even that is a pretty extrem protocol.
i just did a tca home peel it burns i found it scary next time might be better because now i know it does stop 10% whole face 1st day skin feels tight well see
I agree with Allison34's responce partially, TCA peel are a very affective way to get rid of acne scars, improve texture and fine lines. TCA peels can be porformed by Aestheticians depending on the state and are performed using "the MD" malpractice insurance. Therefore, they can only be performed in a medically directed Med Spa, Plastic Surgeon or Derms office. Moreover, you may need a series of TCA peels 3 or more to give you the end result that laser resurfacing would give you.
First of all I'm a little confused about where you went, you said you went to a spa for a TCA peel? This is very odd for TCA peels are suppose to be performed by an actual doctors in a Dematologist office or PS office, NOT in a spa? Did you have it done by an estithican? We have a med spa here and the only type of peels they are qualified to do are glycolic and microdermabrasion, NOT tca peel. Estithicans are NOT doctors and are NOT qualified to perform TCA peel!Secondly you did not list what % of peel you had done, that would make a big difference on your results. Doesn't sound like they did a good % for you. And, you said you paid only $180??? This is extremely odd, because peels are generally between $300 and up. Honestly from what your saying, it doesn't sound like you had a true "TCA peel" These are not typical results of one, and like I said they are NOT performed in spas, unless by an actual doctor. I only stick with dermatologist for me, because they specialize in skin issues and know exactly what types of peels to use for individuals. If I were you I would find a good dermatologist and go for a consult telling them of your experince and see what they say. You can have a "real" tca peel performed with much better results. Good luck.