3 Tattoo Removals

I had a black tattoo on my lower forearm about 6...

I had a black tattoo on my lower forearm about 6 in by 3 in. I went to a clinic in San Diego and it cost 280 a treatment. It took 4 treatments and it is gone! I love it. I did treatments 2 months apart to allow ample healing.

After the treatment I used peroxide daily pouring it on tattoo then applying a&d ointment and finally covering in a bandage. I did this routine after each treatment everyday for 10 days. My doctor told me that the laser starts the treatment but after care is just as important!

I recently moved to southern oregon and I wanted to continue getting my tattoos removed. I have a half sleeve on my upper left arm very colorful and a small one of the same colors on my chest. The doctor who I went to see in oregon had a total different approach and I just get the feeling that they dont care half as much about the patient as they do about the money coming in. Im a little worried to continue at this clinic because the difference in care from my old doctor but I really want the tattoos removed!

They told me it will take up to two years to get rid of the green and blues on my arm. Has anyone dealt with green and blue removal? Will it take this long? This new clinic tried to do the laser without any anesthetic as well. OUCH! I don't recommend that.

The san Diego clinic had great care and service. I am yet to see about the medford clinic

Can u please post a pic of the tattoo that was on ur forearm I'm looking to get mine removed but I'm so afraid of scarring....
I'm having green and blue removed with a picosure laser. I'm only on my second treatment but have had significant fading with the green so far.
don't pick your blisters or they will leave scar tissue.

Hey there, just checking in to see how your removal is coming along, do you have an update for us?

i had about 15 sessions and the tattoo is faded but not gone yet. it is a super long and expensive process
I'm still surprised that some places are not using Lidocaine cream before treatment. It's cheap and effective. Put on one hour before a laser appointment and the treatment will feel like a very small rubber band snap. Ask a pharmacist about it...aka anorectal cream. Sorry if that's embarrassing to ask a pharmacist for but a little embarrassment if worth having no pain. Put it on the tattoo liberally one hour before and wipe off with clean tissue before treatment. After treatment use burn bandages. The gel type in the first aid area of the store. Clean, cool, no pain.
Nomesarah we do use lidocaine 23% ours is specialy compounded and we also ice prior to treatment.
hi i think like you are saying after care is very important i have a great dolphin tattoo on my back i have done four treatments and i did what i hope is my last treatment today ! my skin is pratically burnt off and its extremely painfull but im hoping this will be my last one... thanks for the tip on peroxide i am going to try that on my tattoo's one tip i do have is that once you start the removal treatment use a clay face mask on your tattoo it really helps and works to remove the dead skin and color i use it once a week and ive noticed alot of colour wahses off when i do , the skin looks smoother and all the dead skin surface is gone !
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

hi ajt thanks for this i never knew this.. i just did a laser session a week ago.. i will def drink more water...
Jananj: There isn't a cream in the world that will remove your tattoo. The ink is in your dermis to deep for any cream to penetrate save your money! As far as pain I tell patients to put an ice pack directly on the tattoo for 20 min prior to treatment, icing hurts and it takes the body 10 min to release natural endorphin's to fight pain; the next 10 mins its numbs the skin just enough for me to do the treatment. Hope this helps you. P.S. do the treatments 8 to 12 weeks apart.
hi thanks so much for the advise i have a question i really need some help with ... the dolphin on my back is almost gone i went for what the lady said would be my last laser session when she was done as im light brown it was like she burnt off my skin i dont think its normal i could see white flesh last week and now its pink im so worried my skin wont grow back i spoke to her and she told me to use silverrex cream for two days then let it heal ... will my skin grow back i dont get why she did not just laser what was left she lasered a whole patch because she could not see with the goggles as the tatoo is so faint hence why i bought the cream just to finish off the last bits please advise me is this normal .. will the skin grow back to its normal colour
this hard for me to answer not know what kind of machine she used. Do you know what she was using? It all most sounds like a IRC and that isn't a Laser. I would give it time to heal because she most likely did cause some hypo pigmentation that doesn't say its permanent. protect it from the sun and I would use maderma on it with sunblock everyday.
thanks so much whats irc... ill google it ill get maderma tommorow thanks soo much feel alot better

i hv a black nd green tattoo on ma leg,am a black girl,nd i hv make four treatment is still nt gone yet,d pain is just too much for me to face.am thinking how to get fadeplex tattoo removal cream to finish the rest,because i cannot face the pains again,please can anyone tell me were i can get fadeplex tattoo removal cream,in any European country

hi i just ordered this cream called lazercream i saw it on dragons den as well .. i think for fadeplex as i checked on this today go to their website and order it online...i know what you mean about laser pain i think im so done with it can't take the pain anymore
I have a green and blue tattoo that I'm removing. I have had 6 treatments and although it has faded substantially it is still not gone. The clinic is using the Astanza Trinity laser and supposedly it's the only one that removes blue and green ink. I think it will eventually go away, but I am already scarring with discoloration and bumpiness.
I have have more than 8 treatments and may tattoo is about 75% gone. It is a long process, but every color can eventually fade. I think each tattoo ink is different and there is no way to predict how long the treatments will take.
Wow!! Get some 5% lidocaine cream. It's a topical cream that is applied 1 hour before the laser treatment. A doctor may have to provide it for you or maybe just at a pharmacy. Mine was provided by the dermatoligist's office where I got my tattoo removed. It will just feel like a small snap of a rubber band. Wow!! I can't believe anyplace would put you through that when it is so simple to get lidocaine cream. (I went to a clinic in Olympia, WA)
I'm a 17 year old girl and have a black and gray tattoo on my upper arm its pretty large too about as big as the one on your forearm was... i want it gone so bad. did it leave any scares or marks? and please update about the one on your upper arm
Where is everyone going in Medford to have this done?
I have a small tattoo on my chest that I have already had one treatment on and would like to have a few more to get it light enough to cover up. I am fairly new to Medford and am wondering where everyone goes to have this done? Thanks
The tattoo that I have now is black with red outline. I had just completed my second treatment and the red has started to fade. This by all means is not a quick process. It will be at least 5 treatments spread out 8 weeks apart. My guess, closer to 8 treatments. Expect to be sore for at least a week afterwards and you have to keep the wound dressed. I think light blues, greens, yellows, and oranges are the hardest to fade. I asked the nurse on Saturday if there has ever been a tattoo that couldn't be removed, and she said, "No".
I had my second treatment yesterday, and I felt a lot of pain yesterday too. I was in tears. Blisters have already formed. I am expecting 4 weeks until it is healed. I can't wait until it is finished.
hi! i've been wanting to remove my tattoo, i've a red sun. could you please tell if you know anything about removing red ink? thank you for your help!