4 Months into 5 Month Treatment - Tampa, FL

They work, but require a lot of dedication. If you...

They work, but require a lot of dedication. If you eat frequently (I do) you will get very tired of taking the trays out and likely will resort to eating with the trays in, its fine, but means you have to keep a toothbrush and floss everywhere or risk cavities. Somewhat painful the first week of every new tray, the trays are typically cut poorly and are very sharp around the edges, use a nail file to sand them down so you dont slice up your tongue. Use denture tablets to easily clean the trays or listerine soaking/brushing works well too.

Finally done with invisalign. Final picture...

Finally done with invisalign. Final picture attached. In the whitening phase now and then moving on to crowns in december to widen my front teeth (since they are naturally pretty narrow).

I have to say, it has been a hell of a process. But, I am happy with my results and cant wait to see the final after the crowns are done.

Allen P Vanoverbeake

Honest, straight to the point and no illusions of what you may have. Advised me that even with my invisalign I would require some cosmetic work after to make my smile what I want it to be. Fair pricing, i was quoted as high as 7k in the area with no extra benefit.

Thanks for your helpful review and congrats on being proactive and taking care of the teeth. I have spacing gaps identical to yours and have been putting off a solution for a decade. I am surprised invisalign couldn't completely close your gaps, is that only because of the short time you were using them? Please get back to me.

Hey Mark,

Hopefully Tony will get a chance to respond to your question, but I wanted to let you know you are welcome to post a question in our Q&A section asking if all your spaces could more than likely be closed using Invisalign. Be sure to post close-up pictures of your teeth so the dentists can see the spacing and your bite. Of course this won't be a substitute for being evaluated by a dentist in person, but hopefully it can at least give you a better idea. :)

My issue is not super uncommon. I have a big mouth and small teeth is really what it comes down to. it would have been possible to close the gaps completely, BUT the catch would be that my bite would not be right. The second option was to go with uniform, smaller gaps and then do cosmetic work. I have opted for crowns to make my top teeth wider. Ill post the final picture after invisalign tonight. Still substantial gaps, but nice straight teeth at this point.
Side note. If you decide to go with invisalign; it was definitely worth it for me. But, go to a dentist/ortho with some experience AND shop around - youll be amazed at the range of prices youll find (assuming you are in a major city) and the different options you have and possible challenges. best of luck!

Your teeth look very straight in your "after invisalign" picture. I can't wait to see the picture of after you get your crowns done!! :)

Still wearing Ivisalign - I have run into problems. tray 9 cracked, they had me move to tray 10 - it has cracked. Received replacement tray 10, it cracked the first day. Not sure how this will play out, but may end up being extended another month. Not happy about that. Overall the experience has been good. Invisalign cannot correct my issue fully - spacing on my upper teeth, so I will have to have crowns/veneers done after. Ill post pictures next.

That is really strange about the trays cracking! I'm assuming you haven't changed anything you are doing with them...maybe it is a bad batch of material??

My dentists office had the hardest time trying to figure out why they were cracking. And the local invisalign rep didnt seem to be much help. I finally figured out what was happening. It is a bit hard to explain.

Essentially it was that one tooth didnt "look" like it fit right to me, because there was a gap where my tooth ended and where the tray was, so i would use my lower teeth to push the tray up to make it look like it fit more appropriately. that was causing the tray to split in the center from the tension. Once we figured that out, I had to step back 3 trays...(not fun) But...done now!

Hi Tony,

Good info about the denture tablets and Listerine brushes, never would have thought of that. Are you still wearing Invisalign? How much longer do you have if so? Please keep us updated.

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt