Smart Lipo Count Down - Tampa, FL

I have a small frame but always have had a tummy...

I have a small frame but always have had a tummy bulge, it runs in my family. I work out (could eat better) and have had a mini tummy tuck about 10 years ago. The tummy tuck did not last however.

So tomorrow is the big day and I am nervous of...

So tomorrow is the big day and I am nervous of course. I have reviewed most all the smart lipo reviews here and found them to be very helpful. Having a lot of knowledge beforehand is always a good thing not only to help you decide but also to mentally prepare you. I just took my before measurements and they are 30.5" at the smallest part of my waist and 36" at the belly button. I am 5'2" and weigh about 119 lbs. right now which is about 4-5 pounds above my normal weight. I am having upper, lower and flanks done. I am 56 years old but most people say I look younger. I am not looking to wear a midriff or a bikini again, just want to be more comfortable in my clothes. I plan to diet and exercise to bring my weight back down to 115 lbs. and to do what I have to do to stay there going forward. I know I can do it. For the record even when my weight was down to 112 lbs. I still had a tummy bulge. Here we go!

It is now 3 days since the procedure and I am...

It is now 3 days since the procedure and I am feeling much better. The procedure itself was pretty painless. They told me the inducing of the pain killer would be the worst part but for me it was the cannula. The cuts, liquid pain killer and the lazer were mostly comfortable but the sucking out of the fat was close to intolerable toward the end. It might have been because I had so much to remove or because I did 3 areas? It didn't hurt really it just was uncomfortable and hard to ensure. They removed 1/2 gallon of fat. I made it thru fine and went home with vicodin and the maxi pads. When right to bed for a long nap and when I woke up was weak and had lots of leaking. Changed the pads, ate a little dinner and drank some water (was very thirsty) and went to bed for the night. Not much further drainage took place at all so possibly they suctioned me pretty well. Rested most of the next day and took the pain meds. Felt like a truck hit me not like I over did it with sit ups as some others have said. Each day though feeling better and today I actually cleaned up the house, did laundry, vacuumed the floors and no pain killers and short rests in between. I believe I am a bit constipated so getting off the pain meds. Really don't need them any more which is great. When I look at my tummy (even though swollen) I do see that they did a great job. I believe I will be very happy with the results. This is a major deal I can't imagine anyone going back to work the next day however. You will need at least 4-5 days of rest in order to really function at work in my opinion maybe more. I will post follow up pics soon once I heal a little more. My measurements are the same probably due to the swelling however how I look is different, my tummy is very flat. I also have lost 3-4 lbs. but I have no appetite. So far I would say "worth it".

Day 8 yay I am starting to feel myself again. I...

Day 8 yay I am starting to feel myself again. I have more energy, sleeping is getting easier in bed. Swelling is there and the bruising is so ugly but I know these things are temporary. I have lost 5 lbs. (not sure how) and my largest area of my tummy is down 3 inches even with all the swelling. Not ready to post a pic yet - it is pretty ugly.

Had my first follow up with the doctor and he is...

Had my first follow up with the doctor and he is very pleased. I am experiencing the hard tummy which can be sort of uncomfortable especially when it goes into a charley horse type of feeling. He told me that should go away with massage in about 3 weeks. It is starting to soften up but very slowly. I haven't retaken my measurement or taken new pics but will shortly. Trying to give it a full month before doing so. I am so happy so far, my stomach is so much flatter and I love the way I look in clothes.

Almost 1 month post op now. Widest part of my...

Almost 1 month post op now. Widest part of my tummy is 32" (down 4") and smallest park is 27.5" - (down 3") - pictures soon. Still hard and tender but getting better.

I feel like the pictures I just uploaded (1 month...

I feel like the pictures I just uploaded (1 month post) don't really show well. It is a pretty good improvement in my clothes. Naked not so great. LOL

Thanks for the comments. I'm thinking of having the procedure. I'm close to Tampa. Would you mind sharing your physician's name? I think I'll have a consultation.
Thanks for the comment, yes mine is finally going away too. I am close to 2 months now and most of the hardness is gone too. Doing very well but I don't think a bikini is in my future. I bought one of those roller ball massagers and used it twice a day. I believe it really helped.
I have an indentation between my upper and lower abs that bothers me. I went thru tons of photos here and have not seen anyone else with that.
I have it also. My procedure was done exactly 6 weeks ago, and although I look better in my clothes, I'm definitely not ready for a bikini. My stomach seems flatter in the morning, but gradually swells as the day progresses. My most noticeable swelling is in my lower abs. My indentation was very pronounced, but has started to decreased within the last week or so.
You look great
I am watching my diet and start back exercising tomorrow for the first time. I feel fine except for the hardness in my tummy, I can't wait for that to go away.
Ohh yes..i didn see the picture. beacusr was same clothes lol. But yes i can see now. thanks.
how do feel ?are u doing abs .and diet?my enemy is work out the abs :(
Uploaded 1 month photos, do you think I look smaller?
Can u put new picture please...thanks and news about hiw do u are
Ok thnx!
Good luck to you I would say eat whole foods and drink lots of water after your surgery.
I'm getting my stomach and love handles done Friday 27th any words of advice?? Glad everything is going good for you too;)
hi. im looking to do the same
thanks for sharing
can u put some new photos. thanks.
@DJ I was wondering if you could give me the name of your doctor. I am trying to find a good one in Tampa and I would love to get your surgeons name.
So glad to hear that you are doing well. Can't wait to see your pic's.
@DJ you can email me at: smithchanle@yahoo.com of your doctor... thank you!
HI. I live in the orlando area can you tell me whos your doctor? Our stomach looks bout the same, my love handles are much huger. Ever since my pregnancy I could not get rid of my belly phat. I have an event comming up the end of may. Im really seeking this type of procedure. Good luck on your recover!
My doctor only does smart lipo nothing else. Good luck to you!
I can't wait to see your after pictures! I'm also in Tampa, getting ready for my Breast lift and Augment for Friday! Can I ask you who your doctor is?
I was told 2 weeks. But we will see.
Did your PS happen to say how long you should wear the compression garment? I am going into week 3 wearing mine.
How are you doing? I had slim lipo 2 weeks ago and LOVE the results so far. Wish I was able to exercise the way I am use to be not for another couple of weeks. Very, very tender yet. Be sure to post pictures, after a week I could really see the difference. Once I was able to get rid of the plus 10 lbs I was up from the procedure.

Thanks for sharing your journey with us and good luck with your procedure tomorrow! Please keep us updated on your progress.