Aqualipo and Naturalfill (This Was my Actual Procedure I Had Done) - Tampa, FL

I had aqualipo of the outer thigh/saddlebag area...

I had aqualipo of the outer thigh/saddlebag area and Naturafill of the breast. I chose this procedure because it was a gentler more natural approach to liposuction and breast augmentation. My goal was to get rid of those pesky saddlebags and add some life back to my breasts which after childbirth and significant weightloss were just sad looking, but I did not want implants or chemical fillers. Using my own fat was the perfect option for me. I am 72 hours post op and I can honestly say I am happy I did this. Of course there is swelling so I am unable to determine the end result just yet, but I am very optimistic. I would say the best part of the procedure was Dr. Mendoza and his staff. I was a little anxious the weekend prior to my surgery and e-mailed Dr. Mendoza in the middle of the night on a Saturday with questions. He had his staff respond to me (on a Sunday) and schedule time for me to come in so he could answer all of them in person. WOW, that really helped. As a result I felt like I knew exactly what to expect before, during, and after and so far it has been exactly as he has said.

Right now I am in the compression garments, but if my thighs conform to this silhoutte I see now I will be COMPLETELY over the moon happy and finally be able to buy a pair of jeans that fit my hips without having to take the waist in by several inches...and if my body retains a good portion of the fat from the naturafill the results will be amazing. His staff (Kirtsen and Joy) were fantastic. They were available, forthcoming with answers to my questions about what to expect, put me completely at ease and followed up afterward to see how I was doing.

The pain was almost non-existent. I literally felt a single needle prick at the beginning of each area being numbed and that was it. Swelling began subsiding after the first day, bruising didn't really appear until the second day and although it is significant it is located only in two (relatively small) areas on my thighs (which I was expecting thanks to Dr. Mendoza's thorough explanation). There was virtually no bruising on the breasts.

With Aqualipo I was told to expect "leaking" of water from the host site, but Joy (the nurse) took time to express most of that before padding me and helping me in my compression garments so even this was minimal, and not at all messy. I took the recommended anxiety and pain med prior to the procedure and would suggest that to others....just have someone there to drive you home. The following day you are sore......but I was not "in pain" and after day 1 have just taken tylenol for the discomfort using the pain medicine only to help me sleep more comfortable at night. If there was any frustration it was pre-surgery when I called the office to ask a question but that was because the receptionists were relatively new and inexperienced so they were unsure how to answer and in some cases who to direct the question to but even that was minimal. Once I got to Kirtsen and Joy they were quick to respond answered everything completely. I would (and already have) recommended Dr. Mendoza to my friends for this procedure. I am very excited to see what the results will look like 2 weeks and 2 months from now. Thank you Dr. Mendoza!

Tampa Plastic Surgeon

I gave Dr. Mendoza 5 stars in almost every area. The only reason I gave 4 stars in after care is 1) I am still in the after care process so while I am unsure of what that will entail I gave 4 stars because I am confident that aftercare will have all the attention to detail that pre-surgery had and 2) The staff checked in on me afterward instead of Dr. Mendoza WHICH is standard practice and not at all disappointing, but is one of those ways that surgeons could distinguish themselves from others. I heard of Bassin Surgery Center from several television shows. I learned of Dr. Mendoza from print media and the internet while researching possible procedures. I CHOSE Dr. Mendoza after doing my research into his background. I chose Dr. Mendoza specifically because he is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon (to me this said qualified), He was one of the premier doctors performing aqualipo and naturalfill on the breasts (which I wanted those procedures specifically), he also specialized in hand surgery(to me this said he is patient and has attention to detail as the hand is a very delicate and small part of the body) and he has done work in burn recontructive surgery (to me this said compassionate). His body of work seemed well rounded and embodied the qualities I was looking for in a plastic surgeon and gave me confidence to choose him as my surgeon for something where I needed the outcome to be visually pleasing. I feel the same now (after) as I did before, and that is I feel I chose well.