Very Satisfied with my Lifestyle Lift! - Tampa, FL

I am 60 years old and for some time I had been...

I am 60 years old and for some time I had been thinking about having a face lift. The skin around my neck was sagging and so was my face, I knew I wanted to correct that and wanted to look years younger.
I went for the free consultation at the Tampa Center and met with the Consultant, Mindy. She recommended I get the LIF and eyebrows and eyelids procedure. The doctor, Mark Karolak came in to look at me and made the recommendation of LIF eyebrow lift, and fat transfer for my laugh lines He did not recommend the eyelid procedure as I have a dry eye condition. I was satisfied with his credentials and decided then that I would have the procedure done and schedule it for the following week. Of course I was nervous about it and excited at the same time.
On the day of surgery, I was given the pills to make me drowsy and they took me in the room. Doctor and the assistants came in and started to inject me to numb the areas. I was in and out of it and did not feel any pain. When the procedure was over the escorted me out to my car where my niece was waiting for me. I got home and went to bed, followed the doctors instruction to take the medicine and put ice pack on my face. The following day I went to have the bandages changed. My face was very swollen but Dr. Karolak explained that that was normal and to continue to ice it. A week later I returned to have some of the stitches removed, I had no pain just some discomfort.

Each day I felt better and better, today is my 12th day after surgery and I am feeling almost 100% except for the swelling but that is to be expected. I am very satisfied with the results ! will do another review after my next appointment in 3 months.
Tampa Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Karolak was very thoroughly explaining the procedure, recovery and after care. He is very attentive to your needs, always available if you need to talk to him. I am very satisfied with the results of my Lifestyle Lift I think he did a great job!

I too had Dr Karolak and he is wonderful. Mine turned out great and I look 10 years younger.
I don't think you looked 60 in your "before" picture! : ) Great work, you look fabulous!
look forward to hearing from you.
I believe all women are beautiful. To make them feel better emotionally makes them even better. Ladies, smile more often. It's true smiles are contagious.
Yes, please do stay in touch. Best of luck to you.
I sure will Kathy. I am so glad to talk to you. Have a great weekend. Marjorie
Please do. My actual name is Kathy. I wish you the best with your procedure. May I ask what state you are in? I had mine done in Tampa.
Hi Katrina. I am in Ca. Having my done in Beverly Hills. It was the closest to where I live out here by the Mojave Desert. Marjorie.

You look beautiful. Thank you for sharing on RealSelf! Were there any recovery supplies you found especially helpful?

I had my neck & lower face plus laster dermabrasion done in Tampa by Dr. Lawdsloff (I know I misspelled it). Ten days later, almost all the swelling is gone which is because of the dermabrasion. Stiches are still in but not noticeable. My face is still pink, but I was told it takes about 3 wks. or so to go away. I am thrilled to be rid of my excess neck skin. and those little jowly things that were starting to appear. I am 64 & had wanted to do this for the past few years. So glad I did. It was relatively painless. I probably took half the pain medicine I was prescribed. The worst of it is the dry itchy feeling on my face after the abrasion. At first I used Vaseline now I'm using Ceptafal facial moisturizer. No complications at all.
I'll post pix after my pinkness has gone.
Katrina, I am having same thing done on Dec 5. While we keep ice packs going when do you put the ointment on? Let me know. Thanks. Glad you are happy. I am very excited....Marjorie
Unfortunately, I didn't use ice as much as I should have, so my face was swollen longer than it should have been. I began putting Vasoline on my face right away. It's kind of messy. But your face will be dry & itchy. I still put Vasoline on after 16 days at night but I find it makes my face itchy in spots. I use Ceptofol (?) cream during the day. Don't know how old you are, but I am 64 & so glad I had this done. All the little lines around my chin & lower face area aren't even noticeable anymore. Huge difference in my neck. I did develop a little bump on my upper neck below where the doc made the chin incision, but the surgical tech told me yesterday that sometimes glands swell up in that area. I go back on Dec. 3 for my 4 week check up & to have any stitches remaining removed. Be prepared to look like a Pumpkin Head the day after the procedure. You won't want to go out in public for at least the first week. My face is still a bit pink. I had someone ask if I had windburn. Someone else asked if I had an allergic reaction. LSL told me that the pinkness takes about a month to disappear. But by then I will be able to put some light foundation makeup on which will help greatly. I saw someone I know the other day who is 3 1/2 yrs. younger than me, but has always broiled herself in the sun, ruining her skin. I was told I had good skin for the procedure because I don't get a tan. I couldn't help but notice that this woman had all the same problems that I just had taken care of with the LSL. I don't have any regrets. They told me the area in front of my ears and under my chin may remain numb for up to a year. Nothing I can't live with. I wish you the best with your procedure. I'm sure you'll be glad you did it. No earrings for a month because heavy ones might pull your ear away from your head where the stitches are.
Keep in touch with me Katrina. How wonderful for you. I am 53. I just cant wait to get rid of my fold in my neck. Years ago I had some radiation to my neck and jeez it just left my neck ugly. It is the first thing I see in the morning and I want it to disappear. I go meet my Doctor Tuesday and we go from there. Thank you for all the info. I am prepared for the after effects . I will stay in touch with you if you don't mind? Marjorie
Please do. Sorry it took so long to reply, but at first I couldn't get back on here cuz I forgot my password. For some reason, I got on without it today. Almost 4 wks. since my procedure. I still put moisturizer on my face a couple of times during the day & before bedtime. The pinkness is gone except for a little area under my left eye. Still very happy with my neck. Just like you, I hated seeing it in the mirror every day. No matter how good I might have thought I looked after putting on makeup, etc., all I could see was that flabby neck. Good luck to you. I know you will be thrilled!!!
Next Thursday is my day. So very excited. I have picked up everything I need and just waiting for my refreshed look. Feel like a little girl getting candy lol.
I felt the same way. I will have my "after" photo done when I see the Dr. on Dec. 3, so hope to post some then.