Rhinoplasty, Septoplasty & Bilateral Turbinate Reduction - Tampa, FL

I've never liked the shape or size of my nose. ...

I've never liked the shape or size of my nose. After having several consultations at different times in my life, but ultimately never going through with it, I finally decided I was ready to do it. All I can say so far, is that I look much worse than I feel. When I first got out of surgery my throat was extremely painful from the tube and dryness, but my nose really didn't hurt. I have packing in my nose which isn't allowing me to breath and that is a very unpleasant feeling. Not painful, just annoying.
When I first came home from surgery my nose was still bleeding and I had to wear a drip pad underneath. But, by the morning I only had to dab at my nose a little if I feel any drip. It's not bleeding, but more of clear mucus and a little blood once in a while. I have packing in my nose so I'm sure it's catching it. I really haven't needed much in the way of pain medication. I took some last night to help me sleep, but today I've been able to get by with acetaminophen. My throat is very dry from breathing through my mouth so I am using cough drops and drinking plenty of fluids. My skin under my splint is very itchy which is also annoying, but other than that I really can't believe how well I'm feeling today.
Everyone at the Surgery Center was wonderful, and my Doctor has been great. He called today to check up on me, and I am doing so much better than I thought I'd be the first day out of surgery. I have to wait for five more days before I get the packing removed from my nose. That's a long time!

If you are considering this surgery:
Buy a wedge pillow and a travel pillow. They have helped me sleep well in an elevated position and not move my head to one side.

I got extremely nauseous from the anesthesia when I had my breast implants done. I told the anesthesiologist, and he gave me something in my IV and also a patch so I wouldn't throw up. No one wants to be throwing up after a nose job. Both worked beautifully. I never felt sick at all.

Day 2

I'm really surprised how well I'm feeling. I'm not in a lot of pain, just uncomfortable. Although I have been religious about using the VitaMedica Bromelain and Arnica, I'm bruised way more than I would have imagined. I'm really swollen, and the swelling is going down into my cheeks . I've had no bleeding at all since the surgery, just a lot of mucous which is annoying because you can't blow your nose. I have no problem getting up and moving around the house. I really haven't had much of an appetite, and the only foods that I can comfortably eat are soft. I tried to eat a cracker, and it felt awful. Not painful, but just really uncomfortable. Sleeping propped up is not so bad, but I have been getting up every few hours to try to get comfortable. The other thing that is a little hard to get used to is keeping on the compression tights. I didn't know I would have to wear them for an entire week! They're to prevent blood clots, so they're definitely important, but annoying.

Pictures

Swollen Cheeks

Days 3-4

I'm very swollen. More swollen than I had ever thought possible. My cheeks are especially swollen, and my bruising is at it's worst. I guess this is all part of the process. I'm not in any pain, but I am uncomfortable. I wish I could breath through my nose again. I'm also tired to sleeping on the wedge pillow and my back is sore. On the bright side, I am able to eat, and I'm enjoying the rest and down time since I can't go out and do anything.

Day 5

This is the day before I get my packing out. I'm soooo ready to have the packing out at this point. It's not painful, but annoying. It feels like you have a constant runny nose, and you can't do anything about it. I'm a little nervous about having it taken out, but at this point I just want to be able to breath again.

Day 6- Packing removal

I went to see the doctor today, and things are going well. He removed my packing which wasn't a big deal at all. It's a uncomfortable when it comes out, but not painful. He wants me to come back in two days to have my splint removed. I was hoping to have the splint off today to be able to see my nose, but I have to wait. Now that the packing is out, I can breath so much better. I feel a stuffed up like a cold, but not too bad. I can take some Sudafed if I want to. Other than that, I'm just anxious to see my nose without the splint. I have to say, for all the fear or worries I had about doing this, it has been relatively easy. The pain has been minimal to say the least. It's just a long process of healing, and difficult when you're all bruised up because you don't want to go out of the house. I'm sure some people go out, but I look really scary, and don't have much energy to want to do much.

Splint off!!

Today my splint was taken off. I couldn't be happier! Obviously, I'm still swollen and sore, but the bump it gone, my nose is straight, and I still look like myself. It's my nose, and my face...only better. I still have bruises under my eyes a little bit, so I last night being Halloween I was able to wear a ton of witch make-up to hide the bruises. No one would have ever guessed I had work done without knowing. It's very subtle, but changes my face just the way I had hoped it would. Today, I woke up very swollen and it's not as good as it was yesterday, but I know that's to be expected when you take the splint off. I can't say enough about what a great doctor Dr. Rieger has been. He listened to exactly what I had hoped to achieve and did an even better job than I could have imagined. I started to cry I was so pleased, the first time I saw my new nose.

Dr. Rieger makes you feel at ease from the minute you meet him. He takes his time explaining the procedure to you and gets beautiful results. All of the nurses at the Surgery Center speak so highly of him and his work. I can't wait to see my results.

no photos hun, congrats on your procedure

Hooray for feeling decent! I experienced similar things after my rhinoplasty. Looking forward to hearing about your big reveal. :)

Your photos aren't showing up in your review. Please inbox me if you need help getting them up.