Rhinoplasty 45 Year Old Woman - Tampa, FL

I had preOp 2 weeks ago and surgery today. It has...

I had preOp 2 weeks ago and surgery today. It has been a positive and calming experience. I will have the splint on for 3 days. I fully expect to see a lovely harmonious nose in the days to come. I did have unbelievable shivers upon awakening, the op room was THAT cold. I had a friend drive me and pick me. He won't operate unless you have a ride and also 24 hour home care for first night. I had my mom stay over. I will write more in the upcoming weeks.

Day 2 and no pain or discomfort. I've been...

Day 2 and no pain or discomfort. I've been following doctor's orders. I am happy to count down days to remove splint and bandages. I'm very happy to have followed through with this decision. I prefer to stay home and not venture out with the bandages on. I don't notice much bruising except for corners of eyes. I'm so happy!

July 16th, week 2 after surgery: all bandages are...

July 16th, week 2 after surgery: all bandages are off. I had to nurse bruises and swelling. I am now down to two striped bruises, each one under an eye.

The skin on my nose feels a bit sand paper like, like a cat's tongue.

I had one day last week of total emotional bawling. Cried the whole day and this had made my face swell up even more. Dr. Farrior explained that it's a post surgery common reaction and it would pass. It did the following day.

I'm still taking Anica in both tablet and ointment form, got them at Gnc. I went shopping out, bruises were visible (make up unable to cover fully in Florida heat it just melted away) I got a few looks but only the Gnc clerk asked me about my bruises. I just smiled and said it was a long story and left it as that.

I can't wait for week 3 when I can get to my regular exercise routine.

I am very happy with this whole experience!
Tampa Facial Plastic Surgeon

Did research and interviewed several in area. I was most impressed with his professionalism .

Congrats on your nose! I am also (almost) 45 and so happy to have finally taken this step!
Thank you! I look in the mirror and I am so happy to have had the courage to take this step towards improving one part of me that made me feel insecure.
I live in Brandon but went to a plastic surgeon in Orlando last week for my rhinoplasty... I almost scheduled a consult with dr. Farrier - please update on our progress :)
He is professional and his staff is very kind and sweet. I am very happy with my choice. I did visit other doctors before I made this important decision.

Hooray for your happiness! I know what you mean about not wanting to venture out. I didn't go anywhere that first week except to the mailbox, and even then I felt weird. Keep us posted on how you're healing.