33 Years Old, 3 Kids, 5'2'' 115lbs, BA, Hernia Repair, TT....... Totally Happy! - Tampa, FL

So today I am 7 days post op and I have to say...

So today I am 7 days post op and I have to say that it is truly getting better every single day. I have three amazing babies. They are 5, 3, and 1. I breastfed all three and they basically drank all my boobs! I gained 55 lbs, 50lbs, and 23lbs respectivally during my pregnancies. I lost the weight in between each of them. Since after my first pregnancy, I knew I wanted a TT and BA. After my second pregnancy, I developed a hernia which only worsen after the third. I went to three different consultations and then decided to go with Dr. Coberly. She is a wonderful PS and I felt so at ease with her!

So experience: so far the recovery has been better than I imagined in my head (isn't it always that way?!? It's amazing how powerful your mind can be). First night was rough as can be expected and I basically slept sitting up because there was no way that I would be laying down. My husband rented a medical lift recliner which made the second night much much much easier. I would most definitely recommend doing this. The beds in my house are on the second floor and honestly even 7 days post op, I have yet to climb the stairs. Just don't feel comfortable. (I might be really conservative on this but why take the chance of prolonging my recovery!) one of the worst things is having to cough. That happened to me about day 3 post op and it was horrible! Doing breathing exercises did help me but wish I would have known sooner that this was necessary to help prevent the need to cough.

Some things that I could not live without: medical lift recliner (Tampa area I rented it at A-Health Aid), walker, heating pad for my lower back, wedges that I found on amazon which I will gladly provide the link below, shower chair (which gives me an option to change locations throughout the day and for actual showers), Tylenol,and cough suppressants.

I purchased three InteVision wedges.

I am definitely looking forward to getting better daily! I miss my babies and miss my daily life. How quickly did you guys feels you could go back to driving?

Please feel free to ask me anything at all!! I am more than willing to share my thoughts and experience. I know reading and asking questions here helped me so so much! I am so incredibly grateful for this community.

Hopefully Drain #2 will be gone today!!

So on Friday they removed one drain which was a huge help! So today hopefully they will be removed #2! That is going to be such a huge relief. This weekend actually went up the stairs for the first time since the surgery and it was wonderful. It's amazing the small victories that help the spirit! Will keep you posted. Appointment is at 2:15 today. Fingers crossed!!

Drain and stitches are out!!!

Last drain was removed yesterday and today I felt so much better! It's wonderful how the body works. Spent the day making some bracelet for my babies. They came home last night. Missed them so much but it was much needed to have them our of the house to be able to concentrate on healing. Praying tomorrow will be feeling a little bit better than today! Post a pic that I took today :)

Three weeks post op picture taken on Sept 7th

Feeling good and just counting the days pass by!
Tampa Plastic Surgeon

My experience with Dr. Coberly has all been extremely positive. She is so nice and comforting. I also feel her work is so neat and precise which I appreciate to the fullest.

Hi how r u getting on now? Hope all is going great. Are u taking any supplements? Howz the swelling hope its gotten better. Xx
Hi beebaby33!! I am doing very well :) swelling is getting better. I start out amazingly but of course by the end of the day I am swollen. Slowly but surely it is getting less and less. I feel like throughout the day I have to do walking to stretch. I have a desk job so it's crucial for me to do that. No special supplements, just my regular multivitamins. :). How are you doing?
Awesome outcome! Thanks so much for sharing your experience thus far. Please keep us posted as you continue to heal.
Thank you so so much! Definitely will :)
Wow! You look fantastic! How is your swelling with the TT? Did you have muscle repair?
Thank you so so much for your kind words!! Swelling is still there. More so today because one of my drains were removed but not as bad as I expected. I did have muscle repair and the very top under my sternum is what hurts the most honestly.
Beautiful results! Congrats and happy healing.
Thank you so much! So happy I am in the recovery phase....anxiety was crazy!
You look fantastic!!!! Good luck with your continued healing!!!!
Aww thank you! You are so sweet! :)