Not a Complete Disappointment But... - Tampa, FL

First I would like to say I was not prepared for...

First I would like to say I was not prepared for the pain the first night. I know now that the padding that should have been applied under my chin before being wrapped like a mummy was not applied. It felt like having my throat slit with a fishing line sawing back and forth. The postop visit the next day, I was told I was doing fine. However, as the surgical tech, not even a nurse, removed the dressing and discarded it, it was never noted that there was no drainage on the right side and I learned later that THERE SHOULD HAVE BEEN!

The drain area they leave open behind your ear had closed off not allowing the blood to drain out, and as a result I developed an enormous hematoma that coverd the right side of my face and neck. Old blood had to be drained off several times using a syringe. It took about 3 months for the bruising to go away. There was no way of concealing it and I had to go back to work! Final results are certainly an improvement but jowls are returning and I'm only 6 months out. I'm not real confident in how long all of this will last.

Not even 2 years later

The jowels are back, the soft tissue under the chin sags on both sides but the center is tacked up tight. The turkey waddle is gone but now the skin sags on both sides under the chin.

2 years out

Clearwater Facial Plastic Surgeon

Appropriate attention to first postop dressing change and amount of drainage was totally lacking. I believe that had it been noted the drainage opening had close off that I would not have developed the hematoma.

I am a single 55 year old professional woman who felt much younger then my appearance. I went to LifeStyle Lift in Tampa. My surgeon was Dr Karolak. He is the most caring, talented doctor that I have ever dealt with. His staff was wonderful also. I look like I was when I was 40. It is absolutely amazing. When I meet strangers they can't believe that I have a daughter in college. It's great to look in the mirror and not see jowls and a saggy crinkly neck. I can not give enough kudos to Dr Karolak and his staff.
Thanks for posting your update. I'm sorry that your lift fell, but you are not alone. I am sorry though that this has happened to you. Best, Chrystal.
  Cayuga1966, how are you doing now? Any improvement or has your jowl fallen further. Please keep us informed as to how you are doing. Best, Chrsytal.
Please tell us how you are doing now. Do you feel that the money spent was worth it & would you recommend LSL to anyone else? Best, Chrystal Eckes

Ouch! That bruising looks painful. I'm so sorry to hear this didn't go as you'd hoped. How are you doing now? Has your opinion changed at all now that you're coming up on 1 year post-op? Please keep us posted when you can.