I Would Not Recommend Dr. Farrior Doctor to Anyone. I Had a Terrible Experience - Tampa, FL

I had an upper and lower blepharoplasty performed...

I had an upper and lower blepharoplasty performed by Dr. Farrior six years ago. From the moment I came home from the procedure, I experienced very bad nerve pain that persists until this day. I never received a call from Dr. Farrior or even a nurse following the procedure and I while was in very bad pain, I contacted the office myself. Someone finally called me back and when I described to her the pain that I was in, she was very unhelpful, uncaring and lacked any type of medical knowledge or assistance. I never heard from Dr. Farrior himself that evening or at all for that matter in regards to my operation or the pain that I reported, much to my suprise. It was not until I was able to go in for my post-op appointment that I was able to explain the pain that I had been experiencing. He offered nothing in regards to a treatment for me, but just referred me to opthamologists, who have not been able to help with the nerve pain. I have been to several eye doctors who have not been able to help with the pain. Dr Farrior was completely unsympathtic and made it very clear that he wanted me out of his office. He was rude and uncaring. I just wanted him to take resposiblity for my discomfort and offer me some type of treatment, being that he is supposedly a specialist in facial cosmetic surgery. I still suffer to this day with nerve pain around both eyes. I wish that I never had this procedure performed by Dr. Farrior as I am still in pain everyday. If you are considering any type of facial surgery, stay away from this doctor and his practice all together to avoid this happening to you.

I'm really sorry to hear how your surgery turned out, Nicole, but thanks for sharing your experience. It's really helpful for others who are considering eyelid surgery.

Thank you for your concern! In addition to the nerve pain, I contracted a staph infection from the surgery which resulted in a condition called Bletheritis, an painful eyelid disease that flares up from time to time and lasts weeks. I described the symptoms to Dr. Farrior following the procedure, but apparantly he lacked knowledge of my condition and never treated me. He told me that the symptoms I was having were part of the normal healing process and that they would go away. They never did. Therefore, I ended up with this disease which there is no cure for, and that is something that you must manage constantly. You cannot wear makeup during the flareups, which may not sound life threatening, however I went to him to look and feel better about myself, not worse. Not to mention the emotional effect this has had on me. Also, I was left with severe dry eyes, because my eyes tear constantly and my vision is blurred. Another condition that I must suffer and live with. So, please choose your doctor very carefully when it comes your eyes, be extra cautious. Preferably an Oculoplastic Surgeon, even then do your homework!!!
Nicole, Have you had a revision surgery to correct these terrible problems?
Tampa Facial Plastic Surgeon