Beware of Exilis! - Tampa, FL

In spite of all the doctors and spa owners...

In spite of all the doctors and spa owners claiming there are NO side effects with EXILIS and claiming how safe it is, I am a patient who has actually had an Exilis treatment and I am having MANY side effects! By the evening of my first appointment, I was in severe pain. I had as much pain as I did after having surgery. My lower abdomen was so swollen, I looked as if I was six months pregnant. A few days later, I found a knot in my lower abdomen. It is currently 21 days after my treatment and my stomach is still swollen and I still look pregnant. The knot has increased in size. To my knowledge, Exilis is FDA approved for WRINKLES, but not for fat removal. I believe this because I can''t find anything online stating it's been FDA approved for FAT REMOVAL. It was just approved for wrinkles in late 2009, less than three years ago. There is not enough research to truly KNOW all the side effects, in my opinion. I believe there will eventually be a lot of people who will come forward with many different side effects. Most spas and doctors who are making a large amount of MONEY with the Exilis will NOT advertise anything but GOOD results. They have a very biased opinion. I personally, would NEVER recommend Exilis. My health means way more to me than that!

I had my procedure done at Lecada Medical Artistry in Tampa, FL and they were nice UNTIL I reported my PAIN and SWELLING to them. Then I was treated very unprofessionally! I left several messages for the owner to call me but she waited 10 days to return my call. And this was after I told her nurse the very next day after my appointment that I was in SEVERE PAIN. Her nurse didn't seem concerned at all and told me to take Ibuprofen. I was LIED to by the owner and the nurse and treated so poorly and now they have abandoned me knowing I am in pain and have a knot where I received the Exilis treatment. They refused to give me an ultrasound to find out what was wrong. I would not recommend Exilis, but also would NEVER recommend Lecada Medical Artistry!

I wish I would have been more INFORMED before having the Exilis treatment done, but I was not informed of exact and accurate information. I was told by the owner of the Lecada that it had been FDA approved, but I still have yet to see evidence that it has been approved for FAT REMOVAL, which is what I was being treated for.

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Hi there, thanks for sharing your experience with us, I'm sorry you've had such complications since your procedure. Have you sought a second opinion for the side effects you seem to be experiencing?

Lecada Medical Artristry

To my knowledge, Lecada Medical Artistry is the only place in Tampa to do Exilis treatments. I chose them because of that and because they were in my neighborhood. When I booked the appointment, I actually spoke to the owner herself. She was very convincing about how "safe" the treatment is. I believed her, which was a mistake.