So Glad I Did It! - Tampa, FL

After breast feeding my daughter for ten months my...

After breast feeding my daughter for ten months my breasts which were a nice 34B prior to baby had shrunk to a soft 34A. I couldn't believe I was smaller! I thought I'd just have a little sag but never imagined my old bras wouldn't fit. I was just as disappointed as my husband although I wouldn't have given up the breast feeding even if I knew beforehand what it would do. So we started our homework looking for possibilities.

I was scared to death to choose to have someone cut into me for the sake of vanity. We met with our surgeon several times to discuss options and questions. We really did our homework on the doctors too. We had one other consult and the doctor we went with was light years ahead of the other. My fear was of being too big, too noticeable, and of being self conscious around friends and family. Our surgeon listened to us and did exactly what we wanted. He was so professional and has years of experience being rated among America's top surgeons. I had a very droopy and bigger left breast and so I had to have a lift on that side. Three incisions actually - more than I wanted but there are only so many options and I didn't want the lollipop scar. The right only had an implant. Both were inserted over the muscle inframammary. I have a wide sternum and he felt over the muscle would allow for a bit more cleavage. Also I have a neuromuscular disorder involving my pectoralis minor muscle. By staying over the muscle, we eliminated any exacerbation of it. I went with silicone smooth moderate profile, 300 cc on the right and 240 cc on the left (I know a big difference!)

All of my stitches are out. Just a few little bits of scabbing are left. I am three weeks in and very happy. The right side seems a little fuller still and Im hoping it will settle more as the weeks follow. One more week until I can resume my workouts - really tired of not being able to run! Have a few good sports bras already and know it'll be an adjustment running with them! I had only a few days of soreness, mostly just tender around the ribs. The doctor prescribed a pain med but it was too much on me so I took Tylenol after the third day and iced a few times a day. The only other challenge for me was not being able to pick up our 17 month old. She's pretty independent and nap/bedtime was the only issue really, so my hubby of course does that. He's become quite the Mr Mom and took good care of us both the first week he was off for my recovery.

Ive already tossed a drawer full of bras and bathing suits - such a bummer because I had some nice ones! But I'll build up my supply again with a few shopping trips! I love filling out a simple t-shirt but not feeling uncomfortably huge. Im 5'4", 110 lbs, and am now a 34C - perfect for us both!

2 moths post op, feeling great. Still some...

2 moths post op, feeling great. Still some redness around the nipple and under the breast at the crease. Usually wear a little gauze strip when I run since my sports bra has to be so snug to prevent chaffing. Bought a few V.S. bras - love being able to buy ones without padding or pushup and still have cleavage. I find I wear more bralettes and sport style bras for daily wear though as underwires rub a bit at the crease. Hopefully in a few more months time that wont be an issue. Nice shopping for a 34C!

You look great! Congratulations!

You look great! Thank you so much for sharing your experience on RealSelf.

Hiya khl~ you look great! How is your nipple sensation? I had a BA nearly 1 year ago and am still experiencing some numbness*sighh*
Oh no! Thats discouraging. Its still numb on the left (I never lost feeling on the right since the nipple wasn't touched) and so is the bottom of the breast on both sides just above the incision area.