Wanting breast reduction

I'm 18 years old and have had a heavy chest since...

I'm 18 years old and have had a heavy chest since the 6th grade I gradually increased a cup size each year and am now at a DD36. I believe I will qualify for insurance coverage but I'm not sure, I've been debating this for about 4 years and I think I am ready. here are a few of my "before" pictures:

Pre-Op

Here are some more pictures to show you all why I am leading towards breast reduction. What's hardest for me I think, is what society paints the picture for young woman with big breasts is like, boys have such unrealistic expectations, they see a girl with a big boobs and they think: Perky!, Plump!, Big! And Tiny ass Nipples! ... And to be quite honest I never really got why. Perky? Absolutely not. I've tried for years doing all things possible to make my boobs appear to be perky and although the techniques may work, they are far from comfortable and are only for the outside looking in, And as for the nipples (and when I say nipple I really mean the aureolas), High-Fives to the woman who were born with the aureolas of a Greek goddess and still look the same size as they did when they were a little girl, But I have yet to see anyone on this website that has them! And thank god! Because this has been my biggest insecurity for years! Having big aureolas and big breasts, that aren't very perky just really make you want grab a tub of ice cream, sit your busty self on a couch and watch Bridget Jones's Diary all day. Which isn't a great feeling lol. But after 4 years of harassment (yes I actually had a boy who was paid 50$ to read aloud in-front of the whole cafeteria an embarrassing poem about my breasts -_-), A lot of debating, obsessing over before and after photos and finally just not giving a damn about the scars I've decided to embark on a journey to have a breast reduction! I can only HOPE I will be a good candidate for Insurance coverage and can get this process done the quickest I can! I can not wait to start and share this expert once with everybody! I hope I have not offended any one by what I say, it is all for laughs, everyone's body is beautiful inside and out ! But I personally can not wait to only better myself! :)

Questions for the doctors

Was wondering if when the procedure is being done, while taking out the breast tissue, are the doctors able to remove cysts as well..? I feel silly for not knowing if they do or not. I have several cysts in my breast, and my mother once had one removed she says it was the worst experience of her life it left scar tissue and the cyst grew back .. So the question maybe be moot by this point but I was just wondering! :)

And also, when I sleep, I sleep on my side, for it is what I find to be most comfortable and even when I try not to I end up rolling over anyways! But lately I have been waking up with extreme pain located in my rotator cuff on my left shoulder, where I put most of my pressure during sleep, This began to happen about a little over 4 months ago when I was at my heaviest weight, during my pregnancy, (I did not have the opportunity to finish my pregnancy do to personal choices) I figured the pressure would go away once my boobs were no longer swollen but it continues to proceed, and I can definitely feel a change in the way I am not able to move my arm, I can not move it certain ways without pain, my arms usually lye right under my breast when I sleep, I wonder if I had the reduction surgery if the pain would go away ? Because that may further help me decide my decision !
Any advice will help! Thanks :)

I don't know if they go looking for cysts, but I'm sure if one is in the tissue that's removed, it will be reviewed by pathology. Any solid tissue removed goes to pathology. Note, liposuctioned tissue is NOT sent to pathology. I am a side / stomach sleeper, and I have to say, sleeping on my back for two weeks now is driving me crazy. Hopefully it will all be worth it. Good luck with your decision!
You girl, are definitely my BR-sister on here. I'm 18 and dealing with the same issues, though I have gotten approved! My problem is that I think they'll grow back to be big, and also that I'm shit scared of consequences like skin graft and so on. I made my own review on this and it should be on here by Monday! Maybe we could chat some more about this since it's nice to talk to someone the same age. Good luck with everything!
Thats great that you got approved! Congratulations :) And hmm, yeah that would really suck if they grew back .. I haven't thought about it too much lol and skin graft.... ??? Well I have faith that if I find the right doctor everything will go fine! And I'm sure if you know you have the right doctor you should feel the same (: but yeah for sure! Thanks! Good luck to you too!
Hey hun your post made me laugh a lot! I completely agree with a lot of your comments, this site gave me a lot more perspective on what most breasts actually look like!!! I hope the insurance all goes your way and you get to have the operation if that's what you want :) Good luck!!
Lol I'm glad It made you laugh! And yes it definitely made me feel like I wasn't the only one with normallll boobs lol but thanks so much! :)
Welcome on board :)
Yes, the dr is able to remove cysts during a BR surgery. Check out my review, I mentioned just how many cysts mine removed.
Will do !
but on another note I have a good friend of mine that did the breast reduction around 20 years old and was able to breast feed BUT... her boobs got back little bit bigger (not like it was but a size bigger)
Hi, I had a reduction surgery 37 years ago and managed to breast feed, but then that is part of why I need another reduction now! You would need to discuss a wish to breastfeed with a surgeon who would not guarantee it, but could work around the pedicles and breast tissue to make your chances as high as possible. On the other hand, plenty of babies do fine bottle fed and lots of women can't breastfeed anyway. At your age getting made a B cup might prevent the need for a second surgery in later life, like me (read my review). I was D cup after surgery and am now back to a G cup.
Well that's nice to know that there's still a chance to breast feed and I didn't know they could try to work around it? I will definitely keep that in mind! Thankyouu
Don't worry you'll get approved because I did and we're around the same size you'll have your new boobs in no time I have my surgery early January or maybe ending this month if I'm lucky and I camt wait. It will all work out stay positive and make sure your doing this for you and no one else best wishes!
Congrats on getting approved! That's awesome and I hope so lol but thanks so much!
When I got married I was a 34c/d.... then I got bigger with each of my 3 kids. Finally I ended up a 36J! I spent many years with back pain and ill fitting cloths, and feeling that no matter what I wore my boobs were always the first thing people noticed. It never occurred to me that a breast reduction was possible. In October my insurance approved my surgery and I had my reduction 3 weeks ago. I'm so happy and can't believe how petite I look with a 36c. I am shocked at how different I look in cloths and how much better my back feels too. I wish I had done this sooner. With your slender frame I believe you would benefit from having a reduction. Do you have support from your family? I wish you the best in your decision.
Wow! What a great story! Thankyou for your response and yes! Fitting in to clothes has always been a problem with me, every year my mom takes me bathing suit shopping. And have failed to miss a year crying In the dressing room lol so I am determined to finally feel confident and happy in a bathing suit soon! And my mother has actually been encouraging me to look more into it so yes I do have the support of my family which is great! :)
honnestly I think they look good and you are still young but I would go see a surgeon to get a medical advice . you need to take in consideration you will have kids maybe in 10 years so..
My brother just said the same thing to me this afternoon at lunch when I had worked up the courage to ask him his thoughts! A big concern for me is not being able to breast feed with children after the surgery is done, I really would hate to miss that opportunity to bond and give them the health benefits of breast fed milk, So after having children has been something I've considered also! Thankyou so much for your input, I appreciate it !
I have some thoughts on the breast feeding for what it's worth. I was so excited and determined to breast feed with my first. I was in the Navy at the time and joined on overseas support group (La Leche). But when i tried to nurse it was so frustrating because of my size. I had to constantly pull my breast up to not block my poor baby's nose. I didn't have a free hand to stroke my baby or enjoy him. I could barely see his little face. After going through many hurdles and 2 months of breast feeding, he was not getting enough milk and the doctor had me start with bottle feeding because of "failure to thrive". Well, to my great relief I found that holding my baby close and bottle feeding him was so wonderful. I could bond with him and hold him, touch his feet, hands and little face...and actually "see" him :) So even if you cannot breast feed you can bond with your babies. As for the nutrition, with my next 2 babies I pumped my milk and added it to the formula for the first week, giving them the advantages of the colostrum that first comes in. With all that said...now days the surgical procedures are very successful in leaving your milk ducts intact. So you may still be able to breast feed after all. I envied those mom's with small breasts when I saw how easily they just popped their baby onto their nipples. Hope this helps.
Jap, i completely sign this. Breastfeeding time, was one time in my life where i really hated my breasts the most. I felt like a cow.
Good luck! I wish I would have done it earlier.
I'm seeing a lot of people posting comments saying the same thing! But ya know what, I have always been a fan of the saying "Better late than never"! :) thanks so much !