Finally Something for Me - Tallahassee, FL

I decided after 8 years of wanting to get rid of...

I decided after 8 years of wanting to get rid of my belly to finally do something about it. I had lost 50 pounds and had kept it off for over 4 years. I turned 50 this year and as I wanted to look as good as I felt on the inside on the outside. I had my first child at 18 and 2 more after that. My youngest graduated high school this May. I am currently 16 days postop and I am amazed at the difference already. I am hoping a lot more of the swelling will go away and I am sure it will.

Tallahassee Plastic Surgeon

I love the staff. His nurses are the best I have ever seen. I never sat in the waithing room longer then 15 minutes and trust me I have sat in a lot of waiting rooms. Dr. Rawlings is a wonderful doctor he really wants to know what you want from the procedure and goes above and beyond what you expected to do that. I was shy about my fat in my pubic region and it made me uneasy to wear a bathing suit out in public. He not only flattened my stomach but also my large pubic area. I put on a bathing suit today and was amazed I can only imagine what another few monthes will bring.

I see you are pretty far out PO. I turned 53 in October. Since we are closer in age than some of the other tummy tuckers here I wanted to check in with you are doing. I will be 4 weeks PO Friday. So far my recovery has been uneventful. My PS even released me at three weeks PO. I feel a little alone out here now although I know he is there for me if needed. He said at 3 months I will be good to go for all activities. I'm to continue taking it easy, can add any activity or exercise I feel up to. I have resumed light weights on my arms. That's about all I feel up to right now. I don't even feel like walking for exercise. A little shopping and running errands is about it for me. More than that and the swelling is crazy and I am worn out. Do you have any advice for me? I hope you are continuing to do great!
Hang in there. I think being slightly older makes us wiser too. I have also been lucky yo have uneventful post op course. I now don't go back for 3 months, guess it would be nice for someone to reassure me every few weeks! I was quite tired the first 6 weeks, maybe the holiday rush too. The last week my energy has really picked up some. Let me know how you are doing.
Older and wiser, huh? OK...I'll take that :) I'm glad you have had an uneventful recuperation too. I was stunned when my PS said I didn't have to come back. This Friday is 5 weeks PO. I wish I could tell how much of what I see is actually swelling. My waist is beginning to show again. What little definition I had in my upper abs is still not visible and as for my lower tummy....well I wonder how much is still swollen. I would consider it flat now...but I don't really know what to expect for the final results. I would say it's very comparable to some that are at 8 weeks PO. My energy level has returned to about 75%. I'm still taking things slow and easy anyway. My PS never put me in a CG just a binder and the OK to wear spanx when I go out. I've always been a spanx girl but they are so uncomfortable now. I much prefer my binder :) Never thought I would hear myself say that! Is the CG at least tolerable to wear? Have you worn spanx PO? Mine feel as if they are compressing my upper abs so tightly that swelling is being pushed down. Very uncomfortable. So many darn questions :/ I hope you continue to feel more like yourself everyday....except with your beautiful flat tummy and rocking those jeans :)
Hope the healing is still going well!

Welcome to the community!  So happy you joined us and also very glad to hear you are doing so well:)

Looking good!